Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

I don’t think I’ll be able to make all the races this season, but will try. This is a fun series and a good group to race with. I am tentative for this Saturday. I have to work that afternoon and don’t know if I’ll be done in time. My plan is to run the Toyota 86. Good tire wear and fuel mileage.

I have been without power for the past 3 days due to the Monday snowstorm so not getting any practice in yet! Hopefully we get it back tonight but we’ll see.

View attachment 1103790
Alright just make sure to me heads up if you know you can't make a race. I hope you get your power back soon. When we lost power a few years after a storm. Our house got colder and colder. Our cats were so mad about it.

Are you confirming the Toyota 86 as your Gr.4 ride? You fine with the low speed. Sarthe could be a tough race for you. I will also warn about the aero sensitive around other cars.

Last edited:
So qualifying is15 minutes later this season?? Just want to make sure so that I have it correct as I usually show with about 5 minutes to spare.
Yes I pushed back the start this season. We seemed to have a lot of last minute arrivals last season. With limited opportunity for practice this season. So pushed the start time back 15 minutes.

@Cold Warrior what GR4 cars would you suggest? I liked the Ferrari last season. I definitely do not have any time for testing, work is ramping up like crazy. Damn Americans and their love for entertainment! I am 80% certain I will be able to make the first race. I will pi$$ off my Fiancé in the process but that's unavoidable. 😂

@Cold Warrior what GR4 cars would you suggest? I liked the Ferrari last season. I definitely do not have any time for testing, work is ramping up like crazy. Damn Americans and their love for entertainment! I am 80% certain I will be able to make the first race. I will pi$$ off my Fiancé in the process but that's unavoidable. 😂
I'm running the Gr.4 Ferrari this year. I'm not sure if it has the top end speed at my favorite track but, I already created a livery for it. A driving pizza more or less. So my bed is made. I'm not exactly sure what your preferences are. You don't seem to be too picky.

Gr.4 Schedule
Interlagos
Dragon Trail Seaside II
Tsukuba
Sarthe (Points x1.5)

Is there anywhere in particular on the schedule you want too be good at.

Last edited:
I think the Citroen has proven to be pretty strong at every track. I'm driving the NSX this season.

Last edited:
I think the Citroen has proven to be pretty strong at every track. I'm driving the NSX this season.
So are you confirming the NSX?

What happened to the Porsche. You didn't care for it transmission either did you. So is it a 3 speed car at Tsukuba. I remember couldn't get to 4th gear when I tested it at The Streets Of Willow Springs for last season.

So are you confirming the NSX?

What happened to the Porsche. You didn't care for it transmission either did you. So is it a 3 speed car at Tsukuba. I remember couldn't get to 4th gear when I tested it at The Streets Of Willow Springs for last season.
It can be tail happy riding curbs, the NSX was a little more predictable.
Gear ratios do not affect lap times all that much, I spent the majority of last season short shifting to save fuel without it affecting my lap times.

Last edited:
It can be tail happy riding curbs, the NSX was a little more predictable.
Gear ratios do not affect lap times all that much, I spent the majority of last season short shifting to save fuel without it affecting my lap times.
So are we still driving a question mark or am I confirming the Gr.4 NSX for you.

The Porsche Cayman GT4 would be the best car Gr.4 if it wasn't for its gearing. I know from other players that its default gearing is super wide in other racing games too. Which leads me to believe that was sold to customers teams like that. I normally don't question Porsche but, I have no clue to why they would choose to sell GT4 like that. When it really kills its low end torque.

I'm not sure why it good at Tsukuba. Maybe because Tsukuba is more of a stop go circuit. It's gearing is less of a hindrance. I tested a 8 cars at The Streets last year. And was the 2nd worst car I tested. It barely even reached 3rd gear there.

Alright just make sure to me heads up if you know you can't make a race. I hope you get your power back soon. When we lost power a few years after a storm. Our house got colder and colder. Our cats were so mad about it.

Are you confirming the Toyota 86 as your Gr.4 ride? You fine with the low speed. Sarthe could be a tough race for you. I will also warn about the aero sensitive around other cars.
Yes, I am confirming the 86 as my Gr 4 ride. Sarthe is a tough race for me in any car, haha! Power just came back on a few hours ago. It's nice to be warm again. We're supposed to get a little more snow tonight so hopefully our power stays in good shape!

Yes, I am confirming the 86 as my Gr 4 ride. Sarthe is a tough race for me in any car, haha! Power just came back on a few hours ago. It's nice to be warm again. We're supposed to get a little more snow tonight so hopefully our power stays in good shape!
Alright you were warned. The Toyota 86 is official. Good Luck.

Going to Sarthe with a car that is bad on the straights. Is not an experience I would recommend to anyone. Good straightaway speed, keep out of trouble, and minimize pit stops to get good finishes. Circuit de la Sarthe has the highest average speed of any currently active road course that I'm aware. Unnecessary pit stops down that long pit almost as devastating.

The best driver who won almost every race that year in our first season. He ended up at our first season finale at Sarthe with the Megane Trophy. He didn't even finish in the top half of the field.

I ran Lamborghini that year. One of best to take to Sarthe in Gr.4. Ended having to pit twice for damage from contact with other car. Never recovered and ended with a mid pack finish. That was Gran Turismo lengthened pit stops.

@Cold Warrior Thank you for taking over. I ran the green Dodge Viper in the 2019 season and I do remember you as well as @fastone371

I am EST so no trouble there. I get off at 6 on Saturday with a 30 minute drive home...maybe more with snow. Should be able to make the races but I was planning on attempting the F.I.A. stuff on the 2nd, don't know how they will overlap yet.

Been testing the Corvette, more testing now actually. (11:18EST) My user is the same as my PSN with a dash added if anyone wants to join on Interlagos. Undecided currently on which car though.

@Cold Warrior Thank you for taking over. I ran the green Dodge Viper in the 2019 season and I do remember you as well as @fastone371

I am EST so no trouble there. I get off at 6 on Saturday with a 30 minute drive home...maybe more with snow. Should be able to make the races but I was planning on attempting the F.I.A. stuff on the 2nd, don't know how they will overlap yet.

Been testing the Corvette, more testing now actually. (11:18EST) My user is the same as my PSN with a dash added if anyone wants to join on Interlagos. Undecided currently on which car though.
I don't remember your name. What did go by that year?

There's no FIA events until February 2nd. Which I think they will be exhibitions. Sport mode is moving on to Gran Turismo 7. So I think the official FIA Championships will continue their. After GT7 launches in early March.

Wait I thought you said you wanted the GT-R for Gr.4. I guess I change you too a question mark.

For experience during the 2020 season. I personally don't recommend the Gr.4 Corvette. The car is great on straights but, the car gets bad Fuel mileage. The car also has tire wear issues. The front tires wear much faster than the rears causing the car to increasingly understeer throughout a stint.

Oh what time zone do you live in?

Last edited:
I don't remember your name. What did go by that year?

There's no FIA events until February 2nd. Which I think they will be exhibitions. Sport mode is moving on to Gran Turismo 7. So I think the official FIA Championships will continue their. After GT7 launches in early March.

Wait I thought you said you wanted the GT-R for Gr.4. I guess I change you too a question mark.

For experience during the 2020 season. I personally don't recommend the Gr.4 Corvette. The car is great on straights but, the car gets bad Fuel mileage. The car also has tire wear issues. The front tires wear much faster than the rears causing the car to increasingly understeer throughout a stint.

Oh what time zone do you live in?
EST same as you. I never said I want the GT-R, I was sharing my experience from when I was a top Nissan competitor and managed 58th in the region. They took the top 16 manufacturers, I was at 17. Did a lot better in the GR Supra Cup, did the All-Star race with Jimmer commentating but never made it to an event but I digress.

The Corvette works for me, steady 1.40-142's for entire stint and no fuel issues. Tried the Nissan earlier and ran a 1.40.6 mid-stint on RH tires, again no fuel issues. Was running the Supra last but I got tired and started missing braking zones too much and stopped before I could get any real feedback. Short work day tomorrow, probably test all day if the snow doesn't let up.

My user hasn't changed either, same as it was back then. Search "halftheracegone" on Youtube and look for RINSKYs endurance series in 2019. I won Suzuka in the metallic green Dodge Viper with yellow headlights, snakes and stripes though I think Whiteflight won the overall season with the Ferrari.

Last edited:
EST same as you. I never said I want the GT-R, I was sharing my experience from when I was a top Nissan competitor and managed 58th in the region. They took the top 16 manufacturers, I was at 17. Did a lot better in the GR Supra Cup, did the All-Star race with Jimmer commentating but never made it to an event but I digress.

The Corvette works for me, steady 1.40-142's for entire stint and no fuel issues. Tried the Nissan earlier and ran a 1.40.6 mid-stint on RH tires, again no fuel issues. Was running the Supra last but I got tired and started missing braking zones too much and stopped before I could get any real feedback. Short work day tomorrow, probably test all day if the snow doesn't let up.

My user hasn't changed either, same as it was back then. Search "halftheracegone" on Youtube and look for RINSKYs endurance series in 2019. I won Suzuka in the metallic green Dodge Viper with yellow headlights, snakes and stripes though I think Whiteflight won the overall season with the Ferrari.
East coast the easy for me. I don't have to convert lobby times.

Wow you have done that well in the FIA Championships. I struggle to keep a B driver rating. Best driver here going by last season results would Fastone371. Hopefully he can keep you entertained.

Yeah we're getting snow too. Doesn't look too bad right now for use. Our member rhcpeppers live on the west coast I believe had his power out for a few. It just came back on late yesterday.

Sorry I remember some of the past players but, I really can't recall you for some reason. Either way thanks for rejoining us for our final season. I felt it would disrespectful to continue Rinsky's series on the next installment. Do to GT7's early release date we switched to a weekly series this season. This series is done after this 8 week tour.

So are we still driving a question mark or am I confirming the Gr.4 NSX for you.

The Porsche Cayman GT4 would be the best car Gr.4 if it wasn't for its gearing. I know from other players that its default gearing is super wide in other racing games too. Which leads me to believe that was sold to customers teams like that. I normally don't question Porsche but, I have no clue to why they would choose to sell GT4 like that. When it really kills its low end torque.

I'm not sure why it good at Tsukuba. Maybe because Tsukuba is more of a stop go circuit. It's gearing is less of a hindrance. I tested a 8 cars at The Streets last year. And was the 2nd worst car I tested. It barely even reached 3rd gear there.
Yup, I will still take the NSX. Not sure why you can't get lap time out of the Cayman, I found it to be at least as fast as other cars I tested if not faster regardless of gearing. I just thought that the NSX was more predictable on worn tires than the Cayman which I think is kind of important in an endurance series.

East coast the easy for me. I don't have to convert lobby times.

Wow you have done that well in the FIA Championships. I struggle to keep a B driver rating. Best driver here going by last season results would Fastone371. Hopefully he can keep you entertained.

Yeah we're getting snow too. Doesn't look too bad right now for use. Our member rhcpeppers live on the west coast I believe had his power out for a few. It just came back on late yesterday.

Sorry I remember some of the past players but, I really can't recall you for some reason. Either way thanks for rejoining us for our final season. I felt it would disrespectful to continue Rinsky's series on the next installment. Do to GT7's early release date we switched to a weekly series this season. This series is done after this 8 week tour.
It's okay. I keep to myself so I'm pretty easy to forget. As for @fastone371 , we will see if I can get back to his pace but I don't expect to quite yet. Too tired to test more cars.

Put me down for the Gr. 4 Chevrolet Corvette. (might open a room here soon, start by 8pm EST)

The Nissan is tempting but the past few years have been me trying to break old habits of bad muscle memory and rework everything on Assetto Corsa Competizione, DiRT Rally 2 and WRC 10. Very little GT Sport time without online to save all the credits and mileage that was built up. Imagine putting in 1000 Km a day just to see it disappear....AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Last edited:
It's okay. I keep to myself so I'm pretty easy to forget. As for @fastone371 , we will see if I can get back to his pace but I don't expect to quite yet. Too tired to test more cars.

Put me down for the Gr. 4 Chevrolet Corvette. (might open a room here soon, start by 8pm EST)

The Nissan is tempting but the past few years have been me trying to break old habits of bad muscle memory and rework everything on Assetto Corsa Competizione, DiRT Rally 2 and WRC 10. Very little GT Sport time without online to save all the credits and mileage that was built up. Imagine putting in 1000 Km a day just to see it disappear....AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Okay Gr.4 Corvette it is. Should be good at Sarthe. I'm at friends house tonight who isn't a racing fan. So no GTS for me right now.

They went with online saves to prevent players from modding the game. They don't want players cheating in their FIA Championships.

Could be in for a few rounds.

So I’m clear:

How many people are allowed to have the same car?

Are we applying the custom BOP ourselves as outlined in your instructions? Or are we just using the current BOP?

No tuning allowed?

Could be in for a few rounds.

So I’m clear:

How many people are allowed to have the same car?

Are we applying the custom BOP ourselves as outlined in your instructions? Or are we just using the current BOP?

No tuning allowed?
Sorry not at my home. Wasn't expecting this late of entry either.

You run as many races as you want. Just tell me when you're going to miss if possible. We get a lot of players who quit without notice.

There are no limits on car model or manufacturers this season. Run whatever you wish. This is our final season I want everyone to fun.

We use Gran Turismo's current BOP. Last season we a mixed Gr.3 / Gr.4 special where everyone had to apply their BOP manually. I posted the current BOP settings so everyone can use them as reference. While there's no such special this. I figure it's not hurting anyone to leave them.

Yes this is non tuning series as the original series creator Rinsky envisioned.

Rooms are friends only. I either need your PSN so I friend request you or you need to sent me TheColdWarriors a friend request.
Also what time zone do you live in?

If you don't have a Gr.4 car in mind yet. What you start with will be your for the class. You can change cars after your 1st start with a penalty.

First race is today Saturday. Lobby opens by 6:30 pm. Race / Qualifying start at 7:45 pm by Eastern US Standard Time UTC-5 (EST).

Last edited:
Th
Sorry not at my home. Wasn't expecting this late of entry either.

You run as many races as you want. Just tell me when you're going to miss if possible. We get a lot of players who quit without notice.

There are no limits on car model or manufacturers this season. Run whatever you wish. This is our final season I want everyone to fun.

We use Gran Turismo's current BOP. Last season we a mixed Gr.3 / Gr.4 special where everyone had to apply their BOP manually. I posted the current BOP settings so everyone can use them as reference. While there's no such special this. I figure it's not hurting anyone to leave them.

Yes this is non tuning series as the original series creator Rinsky envisioned.

Rooms are friends only. I either need your PSN so I friend request you or you need to sent me TheColdWarriors a friend request.
Also what time zone do you live in?

If you don't have a Gr.4 car in mind yet. What you start with will be your for the class. You can change cars after your 1st start with a penalty.

First race is today Saturday. Lobby opens by 6:30 pm. Race / Qualifying start at 7:45 pm by Eastern US Standard Time UTC-5 (EST).
Thanks for the response!

My psn account is YARD-SALE_949. My time zone is Pacific Standard time. Because of my super goofy work schedule, I'll only be present every once in a while. However, this series sounds like fun and I want to give it a go! Put me down for the Ferrari in Group 4. Gotta do some testing for a group 3 car

Last edited:
Th

Thanks for the response!

My psn account is YARD-SALE_949. My time zone is Pacific Standard time. Because of my super goofy work schedule, I'll only be present every once in a while. However, this series sounds like fun and I want to give it a go! Put me down for the Ferrari in Group 4. Gotta do some testing for a group 3 car
Ferrari it is. Alright we for you we Open at 3:30 pm and Start at 4:45 pm.

Th

Thanks for the response!

Friend request sent.

I missed a lot of pings @Cold Warrior. It seems that with the new GTP update if you don’t acknowledge the 1st ping, you don’t receive any more for that thread. May be worth direct messaging people if your struggling to contact them.

Anyway, I am 50/50 tonight, I am racing at 5pm est for an hour and it will be a really tense race. I will see how I feel afterward as to whether I make this race or not. I will let you know either way and I will likely go with Jaguar if I do race.

Good luck to all, nice to see a few more jumping in last minute :cheers:

I dont think you will have any problem being competitive, I'm only a B/S rating so it's not like I am even close to alien speed. I pretty much cruise around and rarely crash or spin.

I missed a lot of pings @Cold Warrior. It seems that with the new GTP update if you don’t acknowledge the 1st ping, you don’t receive any more for that thread. May be worth direct messaging people if your struggling to contact them.

Anyway, I am 50/50 tonight, I am racing at 5pm est for an hour and it will be a really tense race. I will see how I feel afterward as to whether I make this race or not. I will let you know either way and I will likely go with Jaguar if I do race.

Good luck to all, nice to see a few more jumping in last minute :cheers:
If it's only an hour race you should be able to make ours too. Guess it's good I moved the start time back 15 minutes.

oh yeah, driving aids...

Are cones allowed?
oh yeah, driving aids...

Are cones allowed?
ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed for both classes. Please note Driving Line Aids are not an excuse for misdeeds. Plus staying you hit someone because the dotted line, cones, or weird floating arrows that no else can see makes you sound a little crazy.

Back