Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

How do I manage to run the opposite tire from strategy everyone else? 1st race I tried softs, I thought the mediums were so slow that a 2 stopper would take longer than a 3. Then 2nd race I choose medium because it's a 2 stopper and mediums are not far off of the soft pace. It's almost kinda funny. I turned my race into a 3 stopper with some help on the 3rd lap at the COD (proving why using radar is so important) but still managed to claw my way to a 3rd thanks to RHCpeppers misfortune on the last lap and needed Yardsale to run wide just 1 more time to possibly score a 2nd. :) :)

How do I manage to run the opposite tire from strategy everyone else? 1st race I tried softs, I thought the mediums were so slow that a 2 stopper would take longer than a 3. Then 2nd race I choose medium because it's a 2 stopper and mediums are not far off of the soft pace. It's almost kinda funny. I turned my race into a 3 stopper with some help on the 3rd lap at the COD (proving why using radar is so important) but still managed to claw my way to a 3rd thanks to RHCpeppers misfortune on the last lap and needed Yardsale to run wide just 1 more time to possibly score a 2nd. :) :)
From my front row view of that incident. You attempted to force a pass at the Chicane Of Death. Very early in 90 minute race. Single cars don't always make it through. I've rarely seen 2 wide not result in a crash. If the Lamborghini wasn't 4WD. @Racer283 probably wouldn't have saved it.

Last edited:
@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags
@mindesigner
@Yard_Sale

I have learned that 2 of this week's Daily Races may be of helpful to you.

This week's A Race is a 6 lap one make with the Gen 3 Mazda RX-7 at Tsukuba Circuit. This track drives fairly similar with almost anything. Even on sports tires you can still learn something for Saturday.

The more important one try out is the C Race. A 7 lap race with Gr.3 Class at Spa-Francorchamps in the wet. Especially if you aren't very experienced with Spa-Francorchamps in wet. This is your chance to get some track time with other humans. And learn from the over aggressive drivers how not to drive Spa in the wet. I will warn to the inexperienced that Spa is very different and difficult track in wet.

From my front row view of that incident. You attempted to force a pass at the Chicane Of Death. Very early in 90 minute race. Single car's don't always make it through. I've rarely seen 2 wide not result in a crash. If the Lamborghini wasn't 4WD. @Racer283 probably wouldn't have saved it.
What does that have to do with opposite tire choices from everyone else??

Last edited:
Pit stop time seems to be the determining factor so far. Interlagos pit stops take a REALLY LONG time, while the Seaside pit stops were about average with most tracks in the game. Tsukuba looks to have pretty quick pit stops but fuel lasts a long time so will be interesting to see the different strategies there too.

What does that have to do with opposite tire choices from everyone else??
Where did you get this about tire choice? Go back in read. I said the only reason didn't wreck Racer283 with you is because the Lamborghini is 4WD and allowed him to save the car. There's a chance I could have been involved depending upon he would have ended up.

Last edited:
@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags
@mindesigner
@Yard_Sale

Anyone who saved the replay from our last at Dragon Trail Seaside II. I need you'll took take a look at the incident before Fastone371 and Racer283 entering the Chicane Of Death on either lap 3 or 4.

From both watching the replay and having a front row view in the race. I see no fault from Racer283. And just view it as a bone head attempt to pass by Fastone371. Of which he got self punished for.

@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags
@mindesigner
@Yard_Sale

Next Race

1/22/22, 185 km of Tsukuba Circuit
3. Tsukuba Circuit
Gr.4, 91 Laps, Qualifying 10 Minutes,
Noon 12:00 Fine, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x5
Fuel at Start 99%
Gr.4 Tires: RS, RM, RH

Tsukuba Circuit is one of the selected returning races from the series' past seasons. This track was made part of our first season shortly it was added to the game. It was a very loved race and almost broke Rinsky's no repeat races rule the following season but, was eventually replaced by a newly added track.

You also may have noticed this is not a ttimed but, instead a lap race. For our 2021 season after I took over the series. I decided to run some of our races as lap races. Knowing the race distance ahead of time can lead to some different pit strategies. So I thought it be subtle change to prevent things from getting too repetitive. The standard length lap races are estimated to be about 90 minutes races.

Pit stop time seems to be the determining factor so far. Interlagos pit stops take a REALLY LONG time, while the Seaside pit stops were about average with most tracks in the game. Tsukuba looks to have pretty quick pit stops but fuel lasts a long time so will be interesting to see the different strategies there too.
I haven't been able to much tire testing yet. Tsukuba Circuit has a very low average speed. A 58 seconds flat lap time 78.8275 mph. So it's a short race by mileage. I don't think any of our cars can make this a one stop without some major fuel savings. The only Gr.4 car I think would have the fuel range and low enough tire wear would the Megane Trophy. Which nobody took because of most likely because of Sarthe being on the schedule as a x1.5 points payout race. I believe the NSX gets the best mileage everyone's choices.

Tsukuba can be more difficult to plan for. The pits are short and the track is slow. Grip and drive off make speed here. But can also be a difficult place to pass here without. So track position is also important. Which leads to the question can you make up for an extra pit stop in race traffic?

If I remember right Tsukuba had the worst tire wear of the 3 tracks with x5 multipler. But it wasn't high enough to drop tire wear to x4.

Where did you get this about tire choice? Go back in read. I said the only reason didn't wreck Racer283 with you is because the Lamborghini is 4WD and allowed him to save the car. There's a chance I could have been involved depending upon he would have ended up.
Dude, you really gotta start to comprehend what people write, my post race comments were mostly about how I keep ending up on the opposite tire choice from everyone else. You might want to read it again.
"How do I manage to run the opposite tire from strategy everyone else? 1st race I tried softs, I thought the mediums were so slow that a 2 stopper would take longer than a 3. Then 2nd race I choose medium because it's a 2 stopper and mediums are not far off of the soft pace. It's almost kinda funny. I turned my race into a 3 stopper with some help on the 3rd lap at the COD (proving why using radar is so important) but still managed to claw my way to a 3rd thanks to RHCpeppers misfortune on the last lap and needed Yardsale to run wide just 1 more time to possibly score a 2nd."

Last edited:
I haven't been able to much tire testing yet. Tsukuba Circuit has a very low average speed. A 58 seconds flat lap time 78.8275 mph. So it's a short race by mileage. I don't think any of our cars can make this a one stop without some major fuel savings. The only Gr.4 car I think would have the fuel range and low enough tire wear would the Megane Trophy. Which nobody took because of most likely because of Sarthe being on the schedule as a x1.5 points payout race. I believe the NSX gets the best mileage everyone's choices.

Tsukuba can be more difficult to plan for. The pits are short and the track is slow. Grip and drive off make speed here. But can also be a difficult place to pass here without. So track position is also important. Which leads to the question can you make up for an extra pit stop in race traffic?

If I remember right Tsukuba had the worst tire wear of the 3 tracks with x5 multipler. But it wasn't high enough to drop tire wear to x4.
I think Interlagos had the worst tire wear, at least for me so far.

Dude, you really gotta start to comprehend what people write, my post race comments were mostly about how I keep ending up on the opposite tire choice from everyone else. You might want to read it again.
"How do I manage to run the opposite tire from strategy everyone else? 1st race I tried softs, I thought the mediums were so slow that a 2 stopper would take longer than a 3. Then 2nd race I choose medium because it's a 2 stopper and mediums are not far off of the soft pace. It's almost kinda funny. I turned my race into a 3 stopper with some help on the 3rd lap at the COD (proving why using radar is so important) but still managed to claw my way to a 3rd thanks to RHCpeppers misfortune on the last lap and needed Yardsale to run wide just 1 more time to possibly score a 2nd."
That question I can't answer. I choose for what would suit me and my car. The Ferrari isn't the best car on fuel mileage and I didn't think I could make it a 2 stop race without some major fuel savings. I was just able to get to my window on RS for a 3 stop race.

We can all agree the incident between me and @fastone371 is just a racing incident. In races I always have radar on but with the lead up to Chicane of Death it was the race for position. Neither of us wanted to give up the position but on the other hand either of us needed to back off and try for a pass at a better opportunity than trying to squeeze two cars into a narrow chicane with a bad outcome for either party.

We can all agree the incident between me and @fastone371 is just a racing incident. In races I always have radar on but with the lead up to Chicane of Death it was the race for position. Neither of us wanted to give up the position but on the other hand either of us needed to back off and try for a pass at a better opportunity than trying to squeeze two cars into a narrow chicane with a bad outcome for either party.
After my first row view in the incident and watching the replay. I wasn't planning on making a big deal. Especially since the party that I feel was more at fault. Already got punished for the incident. But someone doesn't like my judgment of the incident. So now I'm to see what everyone else thinks.

Last edited:
No idea. Haven't watched the replay from other peoples perspectives and I didn't plan on it. Usually don't unless I'm getting creamed like Yard_Sale showing me a different brake entry into turn 6 where everyone said they would drift wide over the outer curbs into the wall. Usually stuck it hard inside, keeping the car as straight as possible, brake right before the 50M marker and pray it turns enough to clip the inner apex on exit.

After chasing Yard_Sale for a few laps, his 1.47.0 to my 1.48.0, I noticed how wide his entry was into 6. Even after I started doing that, I still couldn't make up a whole second per lap but it really helped with the tire wear and running consistent lap times for 15-18 laps a stint on RS tires.

No idea. Haven't watched the replay from other peoples perspectives and I didn't plan on it. Usually don't unless I'm getting creamed like Yard_Sale showing me a different brake entry into turn 6 where everyone said they would drift wide over the outer curbs into the wall. Usually stuck it hard inside, keeping the car as straight as possible, brake right before the 50M marker and pray it turns enough to clip the inner apex on exit.

After chasing Yard_Sale for a few laps, his 1.47.0 to my 1.48.0, I noticed how wide his entry was into 6. Even after I started doing that, I still couldn't make up a whole second per lap but it really helped with the tire wear and running consistent lap times for 15-18 laps a stint on RS tires.
I hate that turn on the reverse layout. You need to brake so early that it seems that you lose so much time coasting off throttle thru that section
If you carry too much speed then you drift high into the slippery stuff where the curbs are waiting to trip you up and send you into the wall. I brake a tad early there then coast carrying as much speed as I can control, when I get it right I don't have to brake at tightest part of the corner at the end then I can pick up the throttle early. That takes me back to an earlier comment when I said I wished we could see how the aliens handle this section of track.

@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags
@mindesigner
@Yard_Sale

Tomorrow Saturday is our 3rd race of 2022 season. A return trip to Tsukuba Circuit. A popular race from our 1st season. Don't know about anyone else but, after some practice and tire testing. I'm still not sure what pit strategy to go with. Track position vs grip, this should be an interesting one. See you all tomorrow.

Next Race

1/22/22, 185 km of Tsukuba Circuit
3. Tsukuba Circuit
Gr.4, 91 Laps, Qualifying 10 Minutes,
Noon 12:00 Fine, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x5
Fuel at Start 99%

Last edited:
I either choose to race Saturday or watch the Packers try to beat the 49ers and move on to the NFC Championship game. Still trying to decide. Game starts at 7 or 7:30 CST.

I either choose to race Saturday or watch the Packers try to beat the 49ers and move on to the NFC Championship game. Still trying to decide. Game starts at 7 or 7:30 CST.
I get to miss part of the 24 Hours of Daytona and the Nascar Xfinity race at Daytona. We should finish before the game does. Also if works out like the rest of the world of sports. If you choose to race you. Probably miss part of the greatest games all time. If you choose to watch the game. It will probably be the one of the most boring one-sided games ever with your team losing.

I should point that this seemed to be the race that interested you the most on the schedule. And I think the NSX will suit Tsukuba Circuit better than Circuit de la Sarthe.

@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags
@mindesigner
@Yard_Sale

17e85480cda31-5480FD005923751F4DC.3C939E816FDAA51D_message_420583735762116_1642905217820.jpg

Race 3 Results

Pole Award: Fastone371
Race Winner: Fastone371
Fastest Lap: Fastone371

Note: son_love_u_moms has been removed from the Active Drivers list for missing to many races without any explanation.

Driver's Standings
Overall Championship
(Name, Points, Number of Race, Wins)

1. Fastone371, 49 pts, 3 of 6, 1 win
2. QTip8329Wags, 45 pts, 3 of 6, 1 win
3. Cold Warrior, 28 pts, 3 of 6
4. Yard_Sale, 24 pts, 2 of 6
5. rhcpeppers, 23 pts, 2 of 6
6. Kermit_2142, 20 pts, 1 of 6, 1 win
7. Jarkulary, 12 pts, 2 of 6
8. mindesigner, 6 pts, 1 of 6
9. Racer283, 6 pts, 1 of 6

Last edited:
@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags
@mindesigner
@Yard_Sale

Next Race

1/29/22, 2 Hours of Le Mans
4. Circuit de la Sarthe
Gr.4, 2 Hours, Qualifying 10 Minutes
Afternoon 15:00 Clear, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x11
Fuel at Start 92%

Our next and final Gr.4 race is a return trip to our first season finale venue Circuit de la Sarthe (Translation: Circuit of the Sarthe) my favorite tracks. That's right tracks because love both layouts.

The original race was well attended. It was a lap race estimated to be about 2.4 hour race. This one will be a 2 hour timed race. I personally don't like run lap races at track with a lap times over 2 minutes. Because I like at least a 1 minute cushion to maximize race finish delay limit of 3 minutes for lap races.

Last season we ran a mixed Gr.3 / Gr.4 Special event was held at the No Chicane version of Sarthe. In order to not give drivers from last season to much of a strategy advantage. I bumped tire wear up to x11. After running a few laps after our. I discovered tire wear is a bit more than I intended but, I decided to keep. I think it will lead some interesting strategies. With RHs possibly being of use.

Circuit de la Sarthe is long a very high speed circuit. Being at full throttle for about 80% of the lap. Straightaway performance is key here. This track also has a long pit with a very long pit delta. Fuel efficiency can beat speed if the performance difference isn't too great. Unnecessary pit stops for damage or pit mistakes very costly. That being said so is riding around with damage may not be a better option. Even just aero damage will slow you down and severely hurt your lap times.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Tried the Daily C race and qualified well but kept timing out on connection every time matching started. Might explain the weird results glitch in round one. I guess my connection is good enough to use lobbies but not good enough to do Sport Mode? This is very disappointing with February 2nd right around the corner...

Tried the Daily C race and qualified well but kept timing out on connection every time matching started. Might explain the weird results glitch in round one. I guess my connection is good enough to use lobbies but not good enough to do Sport Mode? This is very disappointing with February 2nd right around the corner...
I'm not sure what to tell you. If you're using WiFi. I recommend a wired connection to your router it will significantly improve your connection. Otherwise your going to have to see if your ISP can give you a better internet package.

I noticed a little lag when I was near you at Tskuba (Jarkulary too). I did not notice anyone else laggy though so I don't think it was a lobby issue or my connection. Whenever I test my connection at the upper left hand side of the screen in Sport Mode it always tells me I have an excellent connection. All parameters are at maximum except the top side which is about 1/2 to 3/4 of maximum.

@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags
@mindesigner
@Yard_Sale

Next Race

1/29/22, 2 Hours of Le Mans
4. Circuit de la Sarthe
Gr.4, 2 Hours, Qualifying 10 Minutes
Afternoon 15:00 Clear, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x11
Fuel at Start 92%

Our next and final Gr.4 race is a return trip to our first season finale venue Circuit de la Sarthe (Translation: Circuit of the Sarthe) my favorite tracks. That's right tracks because love both layouts.

The original race was well attended. It was a lap race estimated to be about 2.4 hour race. This one will be a 2 hour timed race. I personally don't like run lap races at track with a lap times over 2 minutes. Because I like at least a 1 minute cushion to maximize race finish delay limit of 3 minutes for lap races.

Last season we ran a mixed Gr.3 / Gr.4 Special event was held at the No Chicane version of Sarthe. In order to not give drivers from last season to much of a strategy advantage. I bumped tire wear up to x11. After running a few laps after our. I discovered tire wear is a bit more than I intended but, I decided to keep. I think it will lead some interesting strategies. With RHs possibly being of use.

Circuit de la Sarthe is long a very high speed circuit. Being at full throttle for about 80% of the lap. Straightaway performance is key here. This track also has a long pit with a very long pit delta. Fuel efficiency can beat speed if the performance difference isn't too great. Unnecessary pit stops for damage or pit mistakes very costly. That being said so is riding around with damage may not be a better option. Even just aero damage will slow you down and severely hurt your lap times.

Good luck!
I have to look at results of extending fuel mileage yet but I can run a full tank on soft tires so the slowest tire I would have to use will be RM depending on how far I can stretch a tank of fuel.

I noticed a little lag when I was near you at Tskuba (Jarkulary too). I did not notice anyone else laggy though so I don't think it was a lobby issue or my connection. Whenever I test my connection at the upper left hand side of the screen in Sport Mode it always tells me I have an excellent connection. All parameters are at maximum except the top side which is about 1/2 to 3/4 of maximum.
I'm not sure if that was all lag Jarkulary. So I know he has been having issues with his wheel. He doesn't want to replace it until the next releases with GT7.

Back