Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

The tire wear at Catalunya is tough on the Lexus too. I can do 17 laps on fuel, but no way I can go that far on tires. My tires are pretty worn after 10 so will likely be a 4-stop for me. I'm not sure it's worth stretching them to 12 or 13 laps in order to do the 3 stop.
I can get about 11 to 12 laps on my tires before my left rear gets the halfway point but, I'm getting about 18 Laps on fuel. Barcelona is a place where track position is important. So that makes this a tough call on pit strategy.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@ToxicBacon @john_ydg @Pixteca @Racer283
@Toshost
@RACECAR

Due to me doing some tire testing for the Gr.3 class. I've increased tire wear once again to x10. This will be a little heavier wear than I want the Gr.4 class but, everyone is in the same situation. Plus what else are the RMs for.

Also Toshost has officially surrendered the McLaren F1 as his regular season ride in exchange for the Audi R8. The McLaren F1 is now a available again as a regular season ride option. Toshost has not started a Gr.3 yet so penalty will be given.

Sorry the tire wear increase is for the Le Mans Modern Classic only.

Last edited:
Wait you mean the Gr.3 McLaren F1 GTR Race Car right? As the McLaren F1 road car does not qualify for the Le Mans Modern Classic.

I learned from test driving McLaren F1 while practicing for our Supercar wet race at Tokyo East Outer is that even if you using in game ABS. The car loses a lot more of it's braking ability in wet conditions than the Huayra and Laferrari did. This leads me to the conclusion that GT Sports does takes into account that the McLaren F1 not have ABS in real life.

Like I said the Gr.3 McLaren F1 GTR '95 is 26 years old this year and 21 years older than the Gr.3 Porsche 911 RSR '16. It's not going to drive like your Porsche.

Oh no the transmission definitely stinks. If you downshift to quickly while braking the car will try to kill you. And the rear tires definitely faster than the front. While practicing for Barcelona. Even with the all the heavy wear long duration corners the rears wear faster than the front. The car is good enough on fuel to run the 50 laps in 2 stops. I likely be doing 3 or 4 stops do to the cars tire wear.
Yes, I'm talking about the GR3 legal McLaren race car, I'm not sure about its exact 5 word name. The braking in GTS is weird, at least on a wheel. If you step on the brakes too hard with ABS default stopping distances actually start to increase. You have to keep an eye on the brake meter on the screen, it see.s that most cars stop best when the braking meter is about 3/4 full. I try all cars with ABS off to get an idea of where I am going to run my brake balance. If I run enough laps I can run the same lap times with ABS weak, default, or off but I never tried ABS off during a race. I have a feeling I would screw the pooch in a battle with someone if I did use ABS off. I am guessing that if you downshift too quickly with the McLaren F1 that the game is simulating rear tire lock up, I notice this with a lot of cars when downshifting too quick.

I can get about 11 to 12 laps on my tires before my left rear gets the halfway point but, I'm getting about 18 Laps on fuel. Barcelona is a place where track position is important. So that makes this a tough call on pit strategy.
All cars suffer massive tire wear at Spain, I am usually pretty easy on my tires and my tires are gone long before I need fuel there. It seems you are always in a turn at Spain, especially long radius turns that really heat up the outside tires.

Yes, I'm talking about the GR3 legal McLaren race car, I'm not sure about its exact 5 word name. The braking in GTS is weird, at least on a wheel. If you step on the brakes too hard with ABS default stopping distances actually start to increase. You have to keep an eye on the brake meter on the screen, it see.s that most cars stop best when the braking meter is about 3/4 full. I try all cars with ABS off to get an idea of where I am going to run my brake balance. If I run enough laps I can run the same lap times with ABS weak, default, or off but I never tried ABS off during a race. I have a feeling I would screw the pooch in a battle with someone if I did use ABS off. I am guessing that if you downshift too quickly with the McLaren F1 that the game is simulating rear tire lock up, I notice this with a lot of cars when downshifting too quick.
Making sure you said road car in the previous post. From what you telling me I think GTS has brake lock up too but, it's more sensitive for wheel users. You need to really slam the brakes to lock up on controller. I guess since less car control they were a little nicer to us controller drivers in that sense. I can't confirm if McLaren F1 race car has power steering or not. I know it doesn't ABS just like the road car.

All cars suffer massive tire wear at Spain, I am usually pretty easy on my tires and my tires are gone long before I need fuel there. It seems you are always in a turn at Spain, especially long radius turns that really heat up the outside tires.
I'm still not sure what strategy to go with yet. I'm probably already going to slow here since much of Barcelona favors newer suspension. I should be a hard pass though.

I am finding it tough to improve my lap times at Barc., before your even up to speed the next corner is in your face and it's not like they are corners that you can just roll thru if you get the line perfect, instead they mostly seem to require a fair amount of braking and many are long radius corners, I guess that's why I never spent much time there. Maybe I should set up a 2nd account in the EU region and follow some Spaniards to learn to drive the track well:):)

I am finding it tough to improve my lap times at Barc., before your even up to speed the next corner is in your face and it's not like they are corners that you can just roll thru if you get the line perfect, instead they mostly seem to require a fair amount of braking and many are long radius corners, I guess that's why I never spent much time there. Maybe I should set up a 2nd account in the EU region and follow some Spaniards to learn to drive the track well:):)
I wanted to include one of the new real life tracks on the Gr.3 schedule this season to stump up people a bit. So it was between Barcelona and Autopolis. Sadly both are unique and interesting tracks to drive by them selves but, make terrible race tracks since you can freaking pass at them. Though I feel Autopolis has more passing opportunities. The interesting fact is both race tracks were built in 1990.

Anyways that's why I'm so freaked about pit strategy. I'm already a terrible qualifier and starter and track position is important for this race track. I always need a few laps to get me back into a rhythm no matter how recently I've been on track.

practiced for the 1st time here last night in a lobby. Had a few people join it was fun. Takes a bit to learn this track with it’s crazy long corners. I really enjoy this track but how you treat your tires here makes or breaks your day for sure! Front and Rear Left take a beating! Choosing the right time to get back on the gas is key. I love how when you come out of a corner you are immediately shifting the cars weight for the next. It’s crazy.

How much time until the room goes up?

Lobby Schedule and Times

Saturdays Night

Lobby Schedule

Practice Start
Sat 6:30 pm EDT
Sat 3:30 pm PDT
Sun 12:30 am CEST

Qualifying / Race Start
Sat 7:30 pm EDT
Sat 4:30 pm PDT
Sun 1:30 am CEST

Time Zone Key
EST = Eastern Standard Time UTC-5
EDT = Eastern Daylight Savings Time UTC-4
PST = Pacific Standard Time UTC-8
PDT = Pacific Daylight Savings Time UTC-7
CET = Central Europe Time UTC+1
CEST = Central Europe Summer Time UTC+2

These lobby times are for all race unless specified otherwise.

All times are basic for the US Eastern Time Zone. Daylight Savings is Practiced in my area.

Eastern Standard Time (EST) UTC-5
Pacific Standard Time (EST) UTC-8
Nov 7th - Mar 13th, 2022

Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDT) UTC-4
Pacific Daylight Savings Time (PDT) UTC-7
Mar 14th, 2021 - Nov 7th, 2021

Central Europe Time (CET)
UTC+1
October 25th, 2020 - March 28th, 2021

Central Europe Summer Time (CEST)
UTC+2
March 28th, 2021 - October 31st, 2021

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@ToxicBacon @john_ydg @Pixteca @Racer283
@Toshost
@RACECAR

Gran Turismo has adjusted BOP for these cars. If you intend to use any of these for the Le Mans Modern Classic. This is there new performance.

*Audi TT Cup
335 HP (100%) / 2,381 lbs (96%)

*Mazda Atenza Gr.4
405 HP (103%) / 3,011 lbs (99%)

*Peugeot RCZ Gr.4
348 HP (101%) / 2,511 lbs (93%)

*Volkswagen Scirocco Gr.4
330 HP (92%) / 2,291 lbs (99%)

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@Toshost
@RACECAR

PS_App_20210808_103631.jpeg

August Race Results

Pole Award: RACERCAR
Race Winner: Toshost
Fastest Lap: Toshost

Race Incident Report

Toshost: Penalized -5 points for multiple occurrences of ignoring in race penalties.

Series Updates

I have decided the players listed below from the members list. And return their cars. All have missed 3 races in a row without any contact to provide a reason for their absence. I intend to install this as as a official written rule for both series in the near.

Toxic bacon
John YDG
Pixteca

Currently Unavailable Car List

Gr.3 Class

McLaren F1
Lexus RC F 2017

Gr.4 Class

Non Listed

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@Toshost
@RACECAR

Standings
8 of 12 Regular Season Races
0 of 3 Exhibition Races

1. Fastone371 124 pts, 8 of 10 Races
2. Jarkulary 87 pts, 8 of 10 Races
3. Cold Warrior 82 pts, 8 of 10 Races
4. rhcpeppers 55 pts, 6 of 10 Races
5. John_YDG 42 pts, 4 of 10 Races
6. Toshost 29 pts, 2 of 10 Races
7. Bruins4Life 20 pts, 2 of 10 Races
8. Racer283 12 pts, 2 of 10 Races
9. RACERCAR 11 pts, 1 of 10 Races
10. Norris Radd 9 pts, 2 of 10 Races
11. Kenjioshiro 8 pts, 1 of 10 Races
12. Pixteca 6 pts, 2 of 10 Races
13. Toxic Bacon 4 pts, 4 of 10 Races

Making sure you said road car in the previous post. From what you telling me I think GTS has brake lock up too but, it's more sensitive for wheel users. You need to really slam the brakes to lock up on controller. I guess since less car control they were a little nicer to us controller drivers in that sense. I can't confirm if McLaren F1 race car has power steering or not. I know it doesn't ABS just like the road car.
With all the tire testing you have done for Sarthe what kind of lap times are you running? I'm running 6:34's so far (or 7:34's I forget the minute time),

OK, I guess I ran some 3:53's then but that's GR3 not GR4 so it doesn't really help. I figured you woulda had some info on the GR3 F1 McLaren BMW thingy.
Last Gr.3 car I ran on the track was the Mercedes SLS for tire testing since it's the heaviest Gr.3 car with BOP active. By theory should have the worst tire. I don't remember what I ran with it though.

Make sure you take off all the downforce and setup the transmission for the long straight. With the chicanes in place you want a little downforce at Le Mans. Without them the long straight is too important. I stink with suspension and differential tuning so I can't help you there.

The best I have done so far in the Vantage Gr4 is also a 4:04. I adjusted the transmission to improve the top speed, but have done nothing with the downforce or anything else yet. I have no idea what I'm doing with tuning so not even sure where to start, lol!

The best I have done so far in the Vantage Gr4 is also a 4:04. I adjusted the transmission to improve the top speed, but have done nothing with the downforce or anything else yet. I have no idea what I'm doing with tuning so not even sure where to start, lol!
Lower your front and rear downforce as much as possible. It will improve your car's top speed but, reduce mid and high speed cornering grip.

Last edited:
Last Gr.3 car I ran on the track was the Mercedes SLS for tire testing since it's the heaviest Gr.3 car with BOP active. By theory should have the worst tire. I don't remember what I ran with it though.

Make sure you take off all the downforce and setup the transmission for the long straight. With the chicanes in place you want a little downforce at Le Mans. Without them the long straight is too important. I stink with suspension and differential tuning so I can't help you there.
Done and done.

Is anyone else running GR3?? I would hate to be the only GR3 car out there.
I still have about 2 hours Saturday morning to find a GR4 car and tune it, that should make me well prepared for this race. :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Is anyone else running GR3?? I would hate to be the only GR3 car out there.
I still have about 2 hours Saturday morning to find a GR4 car and tune it, that should make me well prepared for this race. :lol::lol:
With a comfirm that Kenjioshiro is running in Gr.3. Currently it's Gr.3 4 and Gr.4 2. I could be the one scrambling to tune a Gr.3 ride if rhcpeppers is a no show.

I'm in.
PSN-General Discomfort
GTS-General_Fatigue
GR3-458
GR4-458
Hello Welcome to the series. I must first ask how your PSN and GTS name can be different? Also what time zone do you live in?

Our next race is a special mixed Gr.3 / Gr.4 event race this special August 14th. Normally we alternative the between Gr.3 and Gr.4 classes. Next regular season a Gr.4 race is September 4th. You may freely change your regular season ride season until you start your first race with that class. You may run any car you want in your chosen class.

As for this weekend's Special which class would you like to run. A small amount points are available for the top 3 finishers in both classes. Normally this is a non tuning series for the regular season but, tuning is allowed for this special event. You must apply your car's GTS BOP manually. I can't run both classes and automatically apply BOP.

I will send you lobby schedule and race details for the special in another post.

Back