Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

Try it out before worrying, it almost drives like a dry track.
Not necessarily like a dry track. It's definitely slicker and lap times are slower. The Tokyo tracks usually have a lot grip. Which is amusing since whatever pavement they use for there race tracks has no grip.

The Gr.3 Ferrari is one of more difficult cars to drive in the class. The car can a bit twitchy. So this may not be fun race for him.

Not necessarily like a dry track. It's definitely slicker and lap times are slower. The Tokyo tracks usually have a lot grip. Which is amusing since whatever pavement they use for there race tracks has no grip.

The Gr.3 Ferrari is one of more difficult cars to drive in the class. The car can a bit twitchy. So this may not be fun race for him.
I've been running laps but I have an issue of going fast😆 and all those corners keep getting in my way🤣
There are a couple corners that keep causing me problems. I think I need to get comfortable with a slower corner approach and a longer braking point🤓 and then not forgetting🙄🤣 My goal is to have a less frustratly fun race than my practice stints🙄😆🍻

I've been running laps but I have an issue of going fast😆 and all those corners keep getting in my way🤣
There are a couple corners that keep causing me problems. I think I need to get comfortable with a slower corner approach and a longer braking point🤓 and then not forgetting🙄🤣 My goal is to have a less frustratly fun race than my practice stints🙄😆🍻
Are practicing in time trials, custom races, or online lobby. Because you can't change grip type to real in time trials. I don't recommend using time trials mode for wet races. It will give a false impression of how much grip you will have for the race.

Use custom races to practice if you don't want to set up a lobby, all of the variables are adjustable there and you can race just 1 opponent if you choose. If the car won't turn maybe try trail braking, it keeps the front tires loaded for more corner grip, it can really help a lot in some situations. And always remember, slow in, fast out. What else do they say, slow is smooth and smooth is fast??

Use custom races to practice if you don't want to set up a lobby, all of the variables are adjustable there and you can race just 1 opponent if you choose. If the car won't turn maybe try trail braking, it keeps the front tires loaded for more corner grip, it can really help a lot in some situations. And always remember, slow in, fast out. What else do they say, slow is smooth and smooth is fast??
Slow is faster😁 My general routine is to learn the track in time trials, see what my lap times look like. Then do custom races. I set it up like the race I have. I always have 20 and start 20. Then I make a lobby and run more laps😆

I am running time trials right now, since you brought up grip in trials🤔 Seems a little meesed up to have lower grip during trials. I'm going to practice race now and was wondering what your guys lap times look like? I'm too embarrassed to share mine🥸😆 I'm +/- .5 sec over 10 lap stint.

Attachments

• 2808BEC0-3C19-4252-8BF5-231D3778C519.png
    2808BEC0-3C19-4252-8BF5-231D3778C519.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 8
Slow is faster😁 My general routine is to learn the track in time trials, see what my lap times look like. Then do custom races. I set it up like the race I have. I always have 20 and start 20. Then I make a lobby and run more laps😆

I am running time trials right now, since you brought up grip in trials🤔 Seems a little meesed up to have lower grip during trials. I'm going to practice race now and was wondering what your guys lap times look like? I'm too embarrassed to share mine🥸😆 I'm +/- .5 sec over 10 lap stint.
I rarely ever use time trial mode to practice for lobby endurance races. Especially after figuring out that in time trials is set to low grip not real grip. It also feels like every car on fumes forever for how light to cars feel in time trials.

I only use time trials to compare car performances. Or to setup cars from a specific track for arcade or campaign races.

I usually use custom races for race practice. It allows me to get use to what the car will drive like fuel consumption and tire wear over the course of a stint. I change the grip and slip stream settings to real for feel to the lobby. The AI cars can you learn how your car responds in traffic from dirty air. You can get an idea where your car is strong and weak throughout the lap. Also on a side not. Driving in circles by yourself gets boring very quickly.

The problem with time trial is that the physics are different than lobby and custom races. The car has no fuel weight and no tire wear which means you don't start on cold tires and then they gradually warm up. I think the wet races also have equal grip to dry weather races so don't get caught out on that. That is why I mentioned that you can do a custom race with only 1 other car, then you can use correct lobby settings, have realistic physics and you only have to lap 1 car, not 19. I don't remember what my lap times were because they do not get recorded in lobbies or custom races.

I'm a controller driver too. I don't have the money or space for a wheel rig. I also play more that just Gran Turismo. It seems like it would be annoying to have to unplug changeover from the rig to a controller. When I want play something that isn't a racing game or doesn't support wheels.
I run the playseat challenge, its a fold up rig and you can keep the wheel, pedals and shifter attached when you fold it up. When folded up it doesn't take up much room at all if stored vertically. It's not the prettiest thing to be sitting around but I just lean mine against a wall under our stairs to our loft in our apt. Mostly hidden away but these days we don't have much for visitors anyway. Most visitors want to try it out so it doesn't really matter 😂. Oh and you kinda have to be a normal to slim person for this particular rig or you might get uncomfortable.

I run the Logitech G29, its not great but it does the job. Still works with the ps5.

Rig ran me 175.00. Wheel was somewhere around 300.00 years back.

I play GTS, Dirt and Snowrunner on it. Wreckfest with the wheel is stupid difficult. Tried it once and never looked back. Dirt with the 6spd shifter (75.00) is soooo satisfying. Well worth the investment. You should try to save some cash or ask as a gift. You will love driving games more than you already seem to which seems to be very much so!

If you keep it all put together, it's a 3 minute setup and teardown. It's not inconvenient at all. Highly recommend it.

Last edited:
I'll be participating in the race this Saturday but I'm not going to have time for practice as usual. Not a fan of any of the Tokyo layouts so I don't know them well. Add rain to it and it just becomes more unknown. Looking forward to it regardless! See you all Saturday.

I run the playseat challenge, its a fold up rig and you can keep the wheel, pedals and shifter attached when you fold it up. When folded up it doesn't take up much room at all if stored vertically. It's not the prettiest thing to be sitting around but I just lean mine against a wall under our stairs to our loft in our apt. Mostly hidden away but these days we don't have much for visitors anyway. Most visitors want to try it out so it doesn't really matter 😂. Oh and you kinda have to be a normal to slim person for this particular rig or you might get uncomfortable.

I run the Logitech G29, its not great but it does the job. Still works with the ps5.

Rig ran me 175.00. Wheel was somewhere around 300.00 years back.

I play GTS, Dirt and Snowrunner on it. Wreckfest with the wheel is stupid difficult. Tried it once and never looked back. Dirt with the 6spd shifter (75.00) is soooo satisfying. Well worth the investment. You should try to save some cash or ask as a gift. You will love driving games more than you already seem to which seems to be very much so!

If you keep it all put together, it's a 3 minute setup and teardown. It's not inconvenient at all. Highly recommend it.
I'm admittedly a stereotypical American in the sense that I'm not well exercised. And I wouldn't consider myself skinny or lean.

I'll be participating in the race this Saturday but I'm not going to have time for practice as usual. Not a fan of any of the Tokyo layouts so I don't know them well. Add rain to it and it just becomes more unknown. Looking forward to it regardless! See you all Saturday.
I personally love all the Tokyo tracks because there all crazy fast. When they are in Sport Mode races though. Somehow the walls make people more aggressive.

As for this race itself. It's been a long time since I drove the Gr.3 Corvette in the wet. So I don't remember how it drives. The is only light rain so Intermediates tires are the recommended. I recommend defaulting your brake balance and adjust it from there.

Last edited:
I personally love all the Tokyo tracks because there all crazy fast. They are in Sport Mode races though. Somehow the walls make people more aggressive.

As for this race itself. It's been a long time since I drove the Gr.3 Corvette in the wet. So I don't remember how it drives. The is only light rain so Intermediates tires are the recommended. I recommend defaulting your brake balance and adjust it from there.
I don't think I've ever driven it in the wet and I have put more miles on that car than all the other cars combined in GTS. Hopefully I can get some practice in Saturday before the race. Last time I drove the vette in the exhibition it went horribly wrong. I played with too many settings and absolutely ruined the handling trying to be faster in the straights and combat tire wear. At least that won't play into this race.

I don't think I've ever driven it in the wet and I have put more miles on that car than all the other cars combined in GTS. Hopefully I can get some practice in Saturday before the race. Last time I drove the vette in the exhibition it went horribly wrong. I played with too many settings and absolutely ruined the handling trying to be faster in the straights and combat tire wear. At least that won't play into this race.
Settings are locked exception for brakes and TCS settings.

I personally love all the Tokyo tracks because there all crazy fast. When they are in Sport Mode races though. Somehow the walls make people more aggressive.

I think everyone is aggressive at the Tokyo tracks because the walls help keep you on track, you can't go sliding off into the grass or gravel. I can't say they are my favorite but after learning them I don't hate them anymore, it's better than Fuji, I hate that track because of the mickey mouse last sector, turn after turn at walking speed.
Maybe the RSR is great in the rain but the wet weather at this Tokyo race really isn't a problem, you have go a little slower but it's really not bad, not at all like heavy rain at RBR where you spin the tires if you even look at the gas pedal.

I rarely ever use time trial mode to practice for lobby endurance races. Especially after figuring out that in time trials is set to low grip not real grip. It also feels like every car on fumes forever for how light to cars feel in time trials.

I only use time trials to compare car performances. Or to setup cars from a specific track for arcade or campaign races.

I usually use custom races for race practice. It allows me to get use to what the car will drive like fuel consumption and tire wear over the course of a stint. I change the grip and slip stream settings to real for feel to the lobby. The AI cars can you learn how your car responds in traffic from dirty air. You can get an idea where your car is strong and weak throughout the lap. Also on a side not. Driving in circles by yourself gets boring very quickly.
Hey, whoever said to trail brake the 458 GR3 is letting the secret to taming a horse away🤣 keeping it loaded around a corner is the big trick to the 458 GR3. ... Actually it was the same racing the F360s as well.👍🏻 I am Trail Braking more in the wet than dry, I never run wet unless I have a race. That and full front brake. And I forgot to change my tires in set up and ran a stint in RS🤣 amazingly it handled really well.

Yea, you guys learned me on the grip issue in trails. I like the trials for sector times and use it as just a baseline or getting a race-lines. I dig the custom race because it makes you learn to drive in traffic. I did a race at Laguna Seca in GR3... good practice driving in traffic. So it sounds like I'll have to forgo the sector times for accurate track conditions.

Jarkulary- I just got my inverted race pedals👍🏻 The package says "Guaranteed 2 seconds faster than Fastone"🤣🤣 I'll post some picks in a bit. I've been modifying the new Cockpit I just got. I'm finding I need a lay down F1 cockpit instead of a car style. Anyone else have an ankle issue with your pedal foot? Keeping my brake foot loaded is killing my ankle. I made a leg rest to take some of the pressure off. It helps some, but I'm probably going to make my own cockpit in the next few weeks and use most of the parts from my new cockpit. I'll post pics as I go.

as a side note; I'd really dig running that Le Mans race again. It was my first race and didn't realize I had left driving aids on for my niece and was practicing with them still on. When I showed up to race, I had to learn it over w/o the cheats🤣

Here is the In Inverted peddle set up and leg rest. The peddles I have tilted 2 1/2". The leg brace is attached to the plate and rests on the steering column. 2" PVC w/foam weather proofing is the cross support. I'm impressed with the difference it makes👍🏻👍🏻 -Jarkulary- I would really suggest the inverted peddles, it comes with a different plug to make the brake feel like a brake, not a toy. $100 on Amazon, took 1hr to assemble. It's made by Extreme Sim Racing.

Attachments

• A49402E0-CE14-487C-A8F8-8D307B9EE897.png
    A49402E0-CE14-487C-A8F8-8D307B9EE897.png
    817.9 KB · Views: 8
I heard from another racer about his PS4 over heating, crashing and having to open it, clean some **** out to fix it. I wanted to avoid this mess and made a duel cooling fan system, that the PS4 powers, from some old RC stuff and a USB cable I had around. It seems the PS4's hard drive is on the right side, at least that's where the heat is. Fans are placed accordingly. I have a port expander that turns the 2 USB ports into 5. 1 port is special for Ex. hard drives, and the fans use another one. They make a 7 port if you need more. I have a second cockpit setup for HQ,(she's a bad ass in a mini cooper😁) so all my ports are taken when we race.

Attachments

• DAC40A61-E8D7-447E-A8F8-59F00FF6DEC4.png
    DAC40A61-E8D7-447E-A8F8-59F00FF6DEC4.png
    694.3 KB · Views: 8
I think everyone is aggressive at the Tokyo tracks because the walls help keep you on track, you can't go sliding off into the grass or gravel. I can't say they are my favorite but after learning them I don't hate them anymore, it's better than Fuji, I hate that track because of the mickey mouse last sector, turn after turn at walking speed.
Maybe the RSR is great in the rain but the wet weather at this Tokyo race really isn't a problem, you have go a little slower but it's really not bad, not at all like heavy rain at RBR where you spin the tires if you even look at the gas pedal.
Yeah I guess because in Sport Mode damage isn't permanent. So people get a false sense of security from the walls. I at least think light damage so have the same impact sensitivity.

My favorite track has been Circuit de la Sarthe since Gran Turismo 4. I do love the Tokyo tracks. And I do like Fuji old and new. I understand why had to change up the end of the course. Old layout was getting way too fast for modern cars. And the didn't have enough runoff at the end of course with the old configuration. The long sweeper was built to the edge of the property. The ending section is unique and very challenging. And new last turn is one of the most difficult turns on the track and is the most critical turn to get right.

By the way no human runs at 50 mph. Fastest record is 28 mph over a very short distance.

Porsche's are usually good in the wet. Oh, Red Bull isn't the most evil of the 7 tracks you can drive in the wet. Spa is the most evil track in the wet. And it has made the cut for one of the 8 races for the last season. Commence evil laugh wah ha ha ha.

So what are the fastest GR4 and GR3 cars for SSRX? I know the McLaren F1 is fast in GR3 but after using the Toyota Supra that I drove at LaSarthe I think that one may be just as fast if not faster.

Last edited:
So what are the fastest GR4 and GR3 cars for SSRX? I know the McLaren F1 is fast in GR3 but after using the Toyota Supra that I drove at LaSarthe I think that one may be just as fast if not faster.
The catch is for the SSRX Exhibition races. There's no BOP along restrictions on tuning or what car you may use in the class. So you will be able adjust your car to maximum power and minimum weight too. Keep in mind along with top speed. Fuel mileage is a big factor at SSRX.

There's also no qualifying for either race. The Gr.4 race will be reverse grid based on points. The following Gr.3 race will be reverse grid based on the Gr.4 race results.

The catch is for the SSRX Exhibition races. There's no BOP along restrictions on tuning or what car you may use in the class. So you will be able adjust your car to maximum power and minimum weight too. Keep in mind along with top speed. Fuel mileage is a big factor at SSRX.

There's also no qualifying for either race. The Gr.4 race will be reverse grid based on points. The following Gr.3 race will be reverse grid based on the Gr.4 race results.
That still doesnt help, I still n eed to know which will be fastest wihout sacraficing fuel mileage.
no matter how many I test everyone else will find better cars. :irked::irked:

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

17c447e853e81-5480FD005923751F4DC.3C939E816FDAA51D_message_418105359579758_1633224060858.jpg

October Race Results

Pole Award: fastone371
Winner: fastone371
Fastest Lap: fastone371

Race Incidents: None

Important Notes: Fastone371, Jarkulary, and Cold Warrior are all reached the 10 race score limit for regular season races. They now must beat a previous race score to earn points in regular season races.

Toshost and Kenjioshiro have been removed from the members list and their cars are now available again. They have missed to many races without explanation.

Standings
10 of 12 Regular Season Races
1 of 3 Exhibition Races

1. Fastone371 162 pts, 10 of 10 Races
2. Jarkulary 109 pts, 10 of 10 Races
3. Cold Warrior 106 pts, 10 of 10 Races
4. rhcpeppers 66 pts, 7 of 10 Races
5. John_YDG 42 pts, 4 of 10 Races
6. Toshost 29 pts, 2 of 10 Races
7. Racer283 29 pts, 4 of 10 Races
8. Bruins4Life 20 pts, 2 of 10 Races
9. ThisGuyHere 15 pts, 2 of 10 Races
10. RACERCAR 11 pts, 1 of 10 Races
11. Norris Radd 9 pts, 2 of 10 Races
12. Kenjioshiro 8 pts, 1 of 10 Races
13. Pixteca 6 pts, 2 of 10 Races
14. Toxic Bacon 4 pts, 4 of 10 Races

Next Race

November 6th
500 km of Monza
Autodromo Nazionale Monza - No Chicane
500 km, 87 Laps
Estimated 2 Hours 35 Minutes
Gr.3
Evening 17:00 Clear
Fuel x3
Tires x5
Grid Start
Qualifying 10 Minutes
Corner Penalties Strong
Double Points

Last edited:
@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

View attachment 1083972
October Race Results

Pole Award: fastone371
Winner: fastone371
Fastest Lap: fastone371

Race Incidents: None

Important Notes: Fastone371, Jarkulary, and Cold Warrior are all reached the 10 race score limit for regular season races. They now must beat a previous race score to earn points in regular season races.

Toshost and Kenjioshiro have been removed from the members list and their cars are now available again. They have missed to many races without explanation.

Standings
10 of 12 Regular Season Races
1 of 3 Exhibition Races

1. Fastone371 162 pts, 10 of 10 Races
2. Jarkulary 109 pts, 10 of 10 Races
3. Cold Warrior 106 pts, 10 of 10 Races
4. rhcpeppers 66 pts, 7 of 10 Races
5. John_YDG 42 pts, 4 of 10 Races
6. Toshost 29 pts, 2 of 10 Races
7. Racer283 29 pts, 4 of 10 Races
8. Bruins4Life 20 pts, 2 of 10 Races
9. ThisGuyHere 15 pts, 2 of 10 Races
10. RACERCAR 11 pts, 1 of 10 Races
11. Norris Radd 9 pts, 2 of 10 Races
12. Kenjioshiro 8 pts, 1 of 10 Races
13. Pixteca 6 pts, 2 of 10 Races
14. Toxic Bacon 4 pts, 4 of 10 Races

Next Race

November 6th
500 km of Monza
Autodromo Nazionale Monza - No Chicane
500 km, 87 Laps
Estimated 2 Hours 35 Minutes
Gr.3
Evening 17:00 Clear
Fuel x3
Tires x5
Grid Start
Qualifying 10 Minutes
Corner Penalties Strong
Double Points
Are there 2 regular season races left??

Are there 2 regular season races left??
Yes, I swapped November and December races a while ago. And I did announce it. We usually have a lot of players missing in December. Because of the holidays. I eventually realized it's dumb to have the Gr.3 crown jewel race. When you know people might not be available to make it. So the Gr.4 class will now close out the 2021 season at Kyoto.

Yeah I guess because in Sport Mode damage isn't permanent. So people get a false sense of security from the walls. I at least think light damage so have the same impact sensitivity.

My favorite track has been Circuit de la Sarthe since Gran Turismo 4. I do love the Tokyo tracks. And I do like Fuji old and new. I understand why had to change up the end of the course. Old layout was getting way too fast for modern cars. And the didn't have enough runoff at the end of course with the old configuration. The long sweeper was built to the edge of the property. The ending section is unique and very challenging. And new last turn is one of the most difficult turns on the track and is the most critical turn to get right.

By the way no human runs at 50 mph. Fastest record is 28 mph over a very short distance.

Porsche's are usually good in the wet. Oh, Red Bull isn't the most evil of the 7 tracks you can drive in the wet. Spa is the most evil track in the wet. And it has made the cut for one of the 8 races for the last season. Commence evil laugh wah ha ha ha.

What is SSRX?
-Jarkalury- I haven't watched the replay, I'm sorry if I kissed you on the 1st lap in between corner 1&2. I would have given that spot back if we weren't packed together and I could have gotten out of the way😒
Still was a fun race for a few laps... I was giving out kisses like a Compton Hooker😆 this corner gets a kiss, that corner gets a kiss... Awe Fuk, every corner gets a kiss🤣🤣 all that AND I need to update my cockpit add-on with a foot brace to keep from sliding down my seat🙄 That aside, with the exceptions of kissing everything, I need to get into a faster car. I watched you all pullaway from once we rounded the hairpin😞 I love my Ferrari, but with BoP, and No Tune, there is no catching up to you all on a straight away. So if there is a chance to pick a new car for the last couple of races, I would like to. If not, no worries. A ****ty day racing is better than a good day at work👍🏻 See you guys next month in Italy🍻🍻

What is SSRX?
-Jarkalury- I haven't watched the replay, I'm sorry if I kissed you on the 1st lap in between corner 1&2. I would have given that spot back if we weren't packed together and I could have gotten out of the way😒
Still was a fun race for a few laps... I was giving out kisses like a Compton Hooker😆 this corner gets a kiss, that corner gets a kiss... Awe Fuk, every corner gets a kiss🤣🤣 all that AND I need to update my cockpit add-on with a foot brace to keep from sliding down my seat🙄 That aside, with the exceptions of kissing everything, I need to get into a faster car. I watched you all pullaway from once we rounded the hairpin😞 I love my Ferrari, but with BoP, and No Tune, there is no catching up to you all on a straight away. So if there is a chance to pick a new car for the last couple of races, I would like to. If not, no worries. A ****ty day racing is better than a good day at work👍🏻 See you guys next month in Italy🍻🍻
SSRX is an abbreviation for Special Stage Route X. We will have a Gr.3 / Gr.4 Special Double Header Exhibition races there on November 20th. Two 40 minute races. One for each class. Your to run any car class you want for races. Tuning will be Allowed and No BOP. You can run your car to max power and minimum. No qualifying, the Gr.4 field will set by reverse of current points standings. The Gr.3 field will set in reverse of the Gr.4 race results.

As for car changes for the regular season. You may change if you really want to any available car but, you will not earn points for your first start with your new car for the class you changed for.

Back