Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

SSRX is an abbreviation for Special Stage Route X. We will have a Gr.3 / Gr.4 Special Double Header Exhibition races there on November 20th. Two 40 minute races. One for each class. Your to run any car class you want for races. Tuning will be Allowed and No BOP. You can run your car to max power and minimum. No qualifying, the Gr.4 field will set by reverse of current points standings. The Gr.3 field will set in reverse of the Gr.4 race results.

As for car changes for the regular season. You may change if you really want to any available car but, you will not earn points for your first start with your new car for the class you changed for.
I'm thinking it will be an advantage to start SSRX from the rear, thats where you get the most drafting help. I should be going approximately 300MPH if I am geared correct. :lol:

At my first pit stop at Tokyo wet I put wet rest o by accident, I can tell you they are about 1 second slower. Why does he PD default go to wets instead of the tires you currently have on ??? On lap 5 I set a fast lap of 2:10.16 then on lap 10 I reset fast lap to.........care to guess??? ........ 2:10.16 again, what are the odds of that? Both were purple. I don't know about the other GR3 cars but the RSR tops out at 164mph but loses speed, down to 163mph going up the hill. I would like to see the hill in VR, I bet it looks pretty cool.

I'm thinking it will be an advantage to start SSRX from the rear, thats where you get the most drafting help. I should be going approximately 300MPH if I am geared correct. :lol:
Actually who ever starts in last place will be a risk of losing the draft. Top end speeds of most of the better class are around 200 mph. Through Gr.3 car will get the to there top speed faster.

At my first pit stop at Tokyo wet I put wet rest o by accident, I can tell you they are about 1 second slower. Why does he PD default go to wets instead of the tires you currently have on ??? On lap 5 I set a fast lap of 2:10.16 then on lap 10 I reset fast lap to.........care to guess??? ........ 2:10.16 again, what are the odds of that? Both were purple. I don't know about the other GR3 cars but the RSR tops out at 164mph but loses speed, down to 163mph going up the hill. I would like to see the hill in VR, I bet it looks pretty cool.
The Porsche was only reaching 164 mph. And I still couldn't out pace you. I was reaching 175 mph early in a stint. Once I burned off some fuel. I could 176 mph without drafting help. I think I remember top speed 181 mph with drafting help.

I wouldn't have to work so hard this race if I didn't mess up Qualifying or in hit the wall at turns 5 & 6 in the race. It was fun running everyone else down though. Can't wait for Monza with this car.

Last edited:
I think I found my missing time from last night; in the race set-up, do we change the "grip reduction on wet/track edge🤔 I just ran a few laps with it set to low and duplicated my race times. Change back to real and I'm back to 2:08-2:09s.

I have a spread sheet that I use to keep the race settings so I can duplicate race conditions. I never look at Grip Reduc... because it never changes. I looked back at our race setting at the begining of the thread and don't see anything about changing Grip...

about changing cars; since it seems just us half dozen or so show up regularly, is there still 1 of each car available? Or is there a couple taken already??

Attachments

• 5F865E18-EC3C-4430-B390-420FD739B2EF.jpeg
    5F865E18-EC3C-4430-B390-420FD739B2EF.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 9
I think I found my missing time from last night; in the race set-up, do we change the "grip reduction on wet/track edge🤔 I just ran a few laps with it set to low and duplicated my race times. Change back to real and I'm back to 2:08-2:09s.

I have a spread sheet that I use to keep the race settings so I can duplicate race conditions. I never look at Grip Reduc... because it never changes. I looked back at our race setting at the begining of the thread and don't see anything about changing Grip...

about changing cars; since it seems just us half dozen or so show up regularly, is there still 1 of each car available? Or is there a couple taken already??
This series runs with Real Grip not Low Grip for track setup. You can't change the grip setting in Arcade Time Trials. I tried to warn you.

Make sure you are not using time trial mode, in TT the cars have no fuel weight and no tire wear, both will make your car much faster. I always set up a race lobby and save the settings on my PS4 so I can practice under real race conditions. You can also go to the arcade tab and set up a "custom race" and use the same tire wear, fuel use settings, time of day, slip stream settings, and grip settings that Coldwarrior uses for the race. You can also select opponent strength, penalties, track boundary penalties, laps, starting position, and flag rules. Once again, never, ever, under any circumstance use Time Trial, unrealistic weight, no tire wear, and too much grip. I believe that in TT wet races have the same grip as dry races, the rain is nothing more than a visual setting.

Actually who ever starts in last place will be a risk of losing the draft. Top end speeds of most of the better class are around 200 mph. Through Gr.3 car will get the to there top speed faster.
It's a rolling start, correct?? I should not be at anymore risk of losing the draft than 2nd losing the 1st place draft or 3rd to 2nd, etc. I would think, at least as long as I don't make a mistake. It's going to be weird practicing for this race, I don't really need to learn the fast way around the track but I will have to experiment with all of the cars and tune settings. GR3 I have somewhat of an idea what I will use, not the RSR, thats for sure but for GR4 other than it not being the Renault Trophy I have no idea. I can think of some things I want to try but I don't know if it will work.

Make sure you are not using time trial mode, in TT the cars have no fuel weight and no tire wear, both will make your car much faster. I always set up a race lobby and save the settings on my PS4 so I can practice under real race conditions. You can also go to the arcade tab and set up a "custom race" and use the same tire wear, fuel use settings, time of day, slip stream settings, and grip settings that Coldwarrior uses for the race. You can also select opponent strength, penalties, track boundary penalties, laps, starting position, and flag rules. Once again, never, ever, under any circumstance use Time Trial, unrealistic weight, no tire wear, and too much grip. I believe that in TT wet races have the same grip as dry races, the rain is nothing more than a visual setting.
Yep, I took your guys knowledge into consideration. I blew it not changing that grip setting in custom race🙄🙄 I got it now🍻 Our last 2 tracks I'm very familiar with, so no TT needed. But is there anything between Custom Race and a lobby race as far as grip/settings I'm missing or don't know about? I get a fukt up impression of my lap times if I'm not set up like the rest of you. I was stoked to be running 2:08-2:09s... until you guys showed up🤣🤣

Yep, I took your guys knowledge into consideration. I blew it not changing that grip setting in custom race🙄🙄 I got it now🍻 Our last 2 tracks I'm very familiar with, so no TT needed. But is there anything between Custom Race and a lobby race as far as grip/settings I'm missing or don't know about? I get a fukt up impression of my lap times if I'm not set up like the rest of you. I was stoked to be running 2:08-2:09s... until you guys showed up🤣🤣
Remember Monza is without the first chicane. Kind of a terrifying turn 1. Especially for the start.

It's a rolling start, correct?? I should not be at anymore risk of losing the draft than 2nd losing the 1st place draft or 3rd to 2nd, etc. I would think, at least as long as I don't make a mistake. It's going to be weird practicing for this race, I don't really need to learn the fast way around the track but I will have to experiment with all of the cars and tune settings. GR3 I have somewhat of an idea what I will use, not the RSR, thats for sure but for GR4 other than it not being the Renault Trophy I have no idea. I can think of some things I want to try but I don't know if it will work.
Yes it's a rolling start. But, all you got to do in the back is miss a shift and your riding around by yourself. I already have some interesting ideas for car choice.

Remember Monza is without the first chicane. Kind of a terrifying turn 1. Especially for the start.
This is the first time I've raced Monza w/o Chicane. It makes it fun to have that much speed into a sweeping corner. I'm looking for a new GR3 and ran a couple stints in the Corvette... it handles like a champ w/o TCS on. Can take that first corner almost full throttle. And I got it to 170 with no draft. I read up someone saying/asking about top speed at Tokyo; the 458 could only get 165 at best. With a draft, almost 180 and am surprised how far back I could catch a draft.

About changing Gr3; I'm assuming the list is accurate. It looks like other than the Lexus GR3, everything is still available. If the list of cars is still accurate, any car on the list is far game?

Attachments

• DCE92F15-16C7-4BB8-B78C-DC9543CF6203.jpeg
    DCE92F15-16C7-4BB8-B78C-DC9543CF6203.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 11
  • E3BED38B-4327-4376-A36D-2FA7539C40BF.jpeg
    E3BED38B-4327-4376-A36D-2FA7539C40BF.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 12
This is the first time I've raced Monza w/o Chicane. It makes it fun to have that much speed into a sweeping corner. I'm looking for a new GR3 and ran a couple stints in the Corvette... it handles like a champ w/o TCS on. Can take that first corner almost full throttle. And I got it to 170 with no draft. I read up someone saying/asking about top speed at Tokyo; the 458 could only get 165 at best. With a draft, almost 180 and am surprised how far back I could catch a draft.

About changing Gr3; I'm assuming the list is accurate. It looks like other than the Lexus GR3, everything is still available. If the list of cars is still accurate, any car on the list is far game?
Only 2017 Gr.3 Lexus is claimed. You can run the 2016 car if interested in Lexus. The Gr.3 Corvette is a good car. It's not best on the straights but, better than most. It hands pretty well. If I remember right it does eat tires but, it's fairly even wear. Just remember if you change your Gr.3 car. You won't score points at Monza. It won't affect the Gr.4 at Kyoto in December. Or the Double Headers at SSRX which your allowed to change your cars for those races anyways.

My Porsche RSR would only reach 164 at Tokyo and it slowed to 163 going up the hill on the front stretch.
I am guessing that I might be able to take T1 at Monza at WOT with the weak top speed that my RSR has.

Last edited:
Major props to Porsche drivers. I've never been able to get it right. Just a strange cr for me to drive.

I've been testing GR3s at Monza today. In Custom Race, 10 lap stints, duplicated race set up. (W/the right grip🙄😆) the 8 cars I tested I found top speeds between 165-172 w/o chicane🤗 keeping almost full pedal the entire corner in all 8. I got a hot lap between 1:41:063- 1:41:866 and a race pace in the 1:42:...s. So I imagine your all times somewhere around 1.38:...🙄😆😆 I think I have about 1.5sec left to pick up... there's a ton of scissors between the Lesbos🤣🤣🤣

if anyone has time for some cat and mouse in Italy, let me know.

Major props to Porsche drivers. I've never been able to get it right. Just a strange cr for me to drive.

I've been testing GR3s at Monza today. In Custom Race, 10 lap stints, duplicated race set up. (W/the right grip🙄😆) the 8 cars I tested I found top speeds between 165-172 w/o chicane🤗 keeping almost full pedal the entire corner in all 8. I got a hot lap between 1:41:063- 1:41:866 and a race pace in the 1:42:...s. So I imagine your all times somewhere around 1.38:...🙄😆😆 I think I have about 1.5sec left to pick up... there's a ton of scissors between the Lesbos🤣🤣🤣

if anyone has time for some cat and mouse in Italy, let me know.
I will probably be on Sat am around 10 CST.

He's Central that would be a 8am for you.
Oh, well thats better🤣🤣🤣🤣 the biggest hurdle will be HQ😒 She wont be interested in listening to 7500rpm that early😆 I got my PS4 with a headset for free, but the headset is ****🤨 Not to sound ungrateful but I hear everything over the game volume in the headset😡 So it's upgrade on those😁👍🏻

Those needing a cockpit but don't have cockpit money, I mentioned building my next cockpit🤔 Shocking to find so many others have had the same idea. Check out PVC cockpits😳👍🏻👍🏻 There are some out of wood, but look way heavy. I'm looking to do a lay down cockpit (F1 Style) I'll make a how-to and share it. There's a lot of, "hey, great idea. Can you give me your plans"🤣🤣 anyone can look at all the pics and figure out their own🙄😆😆

Oh, well thats better🤣🤣🤣🤣 the biggest hurdle will be HQ😒 She wont be interested in listening to 7500rpm that early😆 I got my PS4 with a headset for free, but the headset is ****🤨 Not to sound ungrateful but I hear everything over the game volume in the headset😡 So it's upgrade on those😁👍🏻

Those needing a cockpit but don't have cockpit money, I mentioned building my next cockpit🤔 Shocking to find so many others have had the same idea. Check out PVC cockpits😳👍🏻👍🏻 There are some out of wood, but look way heavy. I'm looking to do a lay down cockpit (F1 Style) I'll make a how-to and share it. There's a lot of, "hey, great idea. Can you give me your plans"🤣🤣 anyone can look at all the pics and figure out their own🙄😆😆
So a sports racing fan who lives in the the Pacific Northwest. I'm going guess Portland, OR?

I'm exactly sure what HQ stands for here. I'm going to assume your girlfriend, wife, and or family. As I don't think it's your headquarters and you are some super spy of the Northwest US. As it sounds like your severely underpaid if you are.

I rarely practice with friends as my week schedule is pretty unstable. So I let everyone practice on their own accord. I could try to see if I set something up for but, I'm admittedly a night person. So it would be much later in the day.

So a sports racing fan who lives in the the Pacific Northwest. I'm going guess Portland, OR?

I'm exactly sure what HQ stands for here. I'm going to assume your girlfriend, wife, and or family. As I don't think it's your headquarters and you are some super spy of the Northwest US. As it sounds like your severely underpaid if you are.

I rarely practice with friends as my week schedule is pretty unstable. So I let everyone practice on their own accord. I could try to see if I set something up for but, I'm admittedly a night person. So it would be much later in the day.
😁🍻Close guess, Southern Oregon👍🏻 HQ is my wife. I was just throwing it out; if anyone wanted to run laps. I think we all have RL that takes most the time up. No worries🍻

😁🍻Close guess, Southern Oregon👍🏻 HQ is my wife. I was just throwing it out; if anyone wanted to run laps. I think we all have RL that takes most the time up. No worries🍻
Alright I will the biggest name I can find on Google Maps in Southern Oregon. So let's try Medford.

I built my rig out of 4130 tubing (I keep it in stock for customer cars). My main goals were comfort, no wheel stand between my legs, and no flex. I succeeded pretty well on all 3 but I did have to make 3 or 4 adjustments to my pedals to get them on the perfect angle which you really couldn't determine until driving for awhile. I didn't do a lay down cockpit because it doesn't seem very comfortable, especially if true to form because you feet end up higher than your ass. That doesn't sound like it would be comfortable to sit in for a few hours.

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

The Championship for my other series. The Supercar World Speed Contest Series has been decided before the last race was ran. Do to a request from a league member. I've decided to run the last race as a Japanese K Car Special. You'll have a choice of one of three K Cars in GTS. All settings will be realistic as usual. Cars most stock performance. Sport Softs tires only.

Members of this Rinsky's MSN are also invited. A quick link to the series forum can be found in the top main post of Rinsky's MSN Series forum. Details in next message.

Next Supercar Series Race

Special Event - October 23rd, 2021
Japanese K Car 2 Hour Special

Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop (Night)
2 hours, Conditions 18:00 Twilight, Clear
Grid Start
Tires x? Fuel x?
Fuel At Start 99%
Corner Penalties Strong
Qualifying Time: 11 minutes

Tire and Fuel multiplier TBA

Car Selection
Honda S660 '15
Honda Beat '91
Daihatsu Copen '02

In order of recommendation

So I gave my RSR a try at Monza today, I couldn't figure out at first why I was so slow in custom race mode compared to other GR3 cars, I am usually low on straight line speed because I run BOP while AI cars do not but I was slow in corners too. At 3 laps in I also noticed my tires were half red, talk about being bewildered. My car still had Wet Inters on it from the wet race at Tokyo, its tough being a moron, changing to RS helped tremendously.

I also tried a few cars at SSRX just to find out which cars have good top speed, it looks like all GR4 cars Max out at 495 or 496 HP. Setting up a custom race is also tough because of tuning. GR3 and GR2 cars are too slow, GR1 cars are too fast (on professional setting) so GR1 with intermediate difficulty might work but they were stooping every lap for tires and fuel. At any rate the GR1 cars are good for drafting practice

W
So I gave my RSR a try at Monza today, I couldn't figure out at first why I was so slow in custom race mode compared to other GR3 cars, I am usually low on straight line speed because I run BOP while AI cars do not but I was slow in corners too. At 3 laps in I also noticed my tires were half red, talk about being bewildered. My car still had Wet Inters on it from the wet race at Tokyo, its tough being a moron, changing to RS helped tremendously.
Yeah wet tires do not like dry track. Monza isn't the coolest climate and the pavement must be very abrasive for how fast tires wear at Monza vs Sarthe. You put those inters through 3 laps of torture.

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

Next Supercar Race (Updated)

Grid Start
Tires x20 Fuel x10
Fuel At Start 97%
Corner Penalties Strong

Car Selection
Honda S660 '15
Honda Beat '91
Daihatsu Copen '02

Car Regulations

N100 Class
Japanese K Car only
BOP None
No power restriction
No weight restriction
Tires Sports Softs Only
No Tuning (Except Brakes)

Driving Options
Driving Line Allowed
ABS Allowed
TCS Prohibited
ASM Prohibited
Countersteering assist Prohibited
Auto Drive Prohibited

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

Next Supercar Race (Updated)

Grid Start
Tires x20 Fuel x10
Fuel At Start 97%
Corner Penalties Strong

Car Selection
Honda S660 '15
Honda Beat '91
Daihatsu Copen '02

Car Regulations

N100 Class
Japanese K Car only
BOP None
No power restriction
No weight restriction
Tires Sports Softs Only
No Tuning (Except Brakes)

Driving Options
Driving Line Allowed
ABS Allowed
TCS Prohibited
ASM Prohibited
Countersteering assist Prohibited
Auto Drive Prohibited
I think lifting power and weight restrictions should make it a fun race. These cars could probably fit 4 wide at Tokyo. I would imagine these cars are Fuel misery, how long are tires lasting??

That's bad ass to build a cockpit out of metal🍻 It's my low back that chooses the position for me. It's a FuknMess down there. Sitting in a regular chair kills anymore so I need to be more lay'd back to keep the vertical pressure off. It makes having fun in RL a bitch. On top of low back, I have developed an awesome case of neuropathy in my ass over the last couple of years. Basically if you pay attention to just the sit part of your ass, the part that touches the chair; it feels like I'm siiting on a cactus, when I stand up it feels like a burning cactus👍🏻 See isn't that awesome kids🤣🤣🤣 Anyway, that is the purpose of looking at the F1 style Cockpit. I've got this bad ass Open Wheel Sim cockpit I got for an awesome deal, did I mention that to you all🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm using the chair and making a frame for it to sit on and tilting it back. The seat is FuknAwesome🤗😁😁

while I'm here; I didn't test your RSR at Monza because... well the porsche thing🙄 but I just did the in-game Boxer challenge and ran your little RSR😳 Tune that thing up and you've got yourself a Rad Racer Dad😁 Holy quick Batman👍🏻 I have been doing the challenges with no Driving aids but needed to use TCS to do the Boxer Challenge😞😞😞 I can't drive the thing w/o it. I think I've only used TCS on 2 challenges so far👍🏻
Too bad to hear your top speed issue😈 Sounds like we have a chance at Monza boys😁😁 🤔🤔either change cars=no points or no top speed=6points🤓 Cause I'm not gonna be last this time🤣🤣🤣🤣

FYI: the dozen cars I've tested, while loosing tire grip, I was able to maintain full top speed for all 10 laps. Lap times dropped off by 0:00:0?? All of them, except for Jarkulary's hot rod will make it beyond 10 laps w/o down tuning for milage. Tire wear for the other cars tested should easily go the entire fuel load.

See you all in Tokyo, wear your sunday parade outfit🤡🤡🤡🤣🤣

Back