Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

well that was a fun race. I was about to take 1st but figured why ruin my record now🤣 I believe I screwed up my practice race setting again🙄 let me see how dumb I am; does STOCk mean no power/weight reduction? I think it does since I was almost 35kph off practice speed. It's the only thing I can see I missed on my set up was the adjusting of the performance part. If thats not the case than I'm stopping practice offline all together. That's just an unexceptable difference. That said, I'm not a big drift fan, but that drift section was fun as hell when I hit it just right👍🏻 I lost most my race blowing that drift sector on entry😏 Should have taken the race more seriously and practiced more. I've got Monza on the brain since I'm still working on picking a car🚀🚀 See you all for cannolies🍻

well that was a fun race. I was about to take 1st but figured why ruin my record now🤣 I believe I screwed up my practice race setting again🙄 let me see how dumb I am; does STOCk mean no power/weight reduction? I think it does since I was almost 35kph off practice speed. It's the only thing I can see I missed on my set up was the adjusting of the performance part. If thats not the case than I'm stopping practice offline all together. That's just an unexceptable difference. That said, I'm not a big drift fan, but that drift section was fun as hell when I hit it just right👍🏻 I lost most my race blowing that drift sector on entry😏 Should have taken the race more seriously and practiced more. I've got Monza on the brain since I'm still working on picking a car🚀🚀 See you all for cannolies🍻
Monza is regular season. Since you already entered a regular season Gr.3 race you can't freely change your car. Currently your regular season Gr.3 car us is the Ferrari 458. You change your car but, you'll be under the Car Change Policy and won't earn any points for the race.

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

A reminder of the next race details. It's long night, be prepared. I have also posted details of the upcoming special event at Special Stage Route X.

One more thing a reminder that the clocks for the US change back to Standard Time right after our Monza race this year. This means the last 2 events of the year will be 1 hour earlier if your area doesn't change change clocks. As far as I know only Hawaii and parts of Arizona don't change.

Next Race

November 6th
500 km of Monza
Autodromo Nazionale Monza - No Chicane
500 km, 87 Laps
Estimated 2 Hours 35 Minutes
Gr.3
Evening 17:00 Clear
Fuel x3
Tires x5
Grid Start
Qualifying 10 Minutes
Corner Penalties Strong
Double Points

Special Event

November 20th
Double Header Sprint Specials
Special Stage Route X

Mixed Practice Available Until
7:10 pm EST

Race 1
40 Minutes
Gr.4
Afternoon 15:20 Fine
Fuel x2
Tires x12
Rolling Start
Corner Penalties None

Special Regulations
Reverse Grid By Points Standings
Any Gr.4 Car Entry
No BOP
No Power or Weight Restrictions
Tuning Allowed
Exhibition Points

Race 2
40 Minutes
GR.3
Twilight 22:30 Clear
Fuel x2
Tires x15
Rolling Start
Corner Penalties None

Special Regulations
Race 2 Start Time 9 pm EST
Reverse Grid based on Race 1 Results
Any Gr.3 Car Entry
No BOP
No Power or Weight Restrictions
Tuning Allowed
Exhibition Points

Last edited:
I am extremely observant. This is this first time I noticed that Monza is a long race and the SSRX Special is 2 different car groups, guess I better find a suitable GR3 car. I wonder if I can tune the Tomohawk into a GR3 car???? :D

I am extremely observant. This is this first time I noticed that Monza is a long race and the SSRX Special is 2 different car groups, guess I better find a suitable GR3 car. I wonder if I can tune the Tomohawk into a GR3 car???? :D
Sadly there are people who exist that aren't very observant to the world. I have to assume everyone isn't. And detail everything I can think of.

I'm also trying to make sure everyone is prepared for the length of the upcoming race at Monza. This will be longest race I have hosted in Gran Turismo Sport. We my ability I estimate at about 2 hours 35 minutes. Even what I have scheduled next for our season won't touch it.

I have finally got a chance to run a practice race against AI at Monza No Chicane. I setup the race at 1/3 the distance 29 laps. With Fuel and Tire multipliers doubled.

I managed a best lap during the race of 1:40.788. With optimal lap time of 1:40.054. That's if I ran all my sectors on the same lap. Highest top speed I seen unassisted was 176 mph entering turn 1. And I plus 180 mph with drafting. I actually have to lift and drop below 170 mph to make turn 1. Fuel range in this race 6.5 laps. So my fuel range 12 to 13 laps without saving. My left rear tire is pretty worn at the end my stint but, it's still manageable.

I have finally got a chance to run a practice race against AI at Monza No Chicane. I setup the race at 1/3 the distance 29 laps. With Fuel and Tire multipliers doubled.

I managed a best lap during the race of 1:40.788. With optimal lap time of 1:40.054. That's if I ran all my sectors on the same lap. Highest top speed I seen unassisted was 176 mph entering turn 1. And I plus 180 mph with drafting. I actually have to lift and drop below 170 mph to make turn 1. Fuel range in this race 6.5 laps. So my fuel range 12 to 13 laps without saving. My left rear tire is pretty worn at the end my stint but, it's still manageable.
Did you remember to turn BOP on?? I can't pass cars at a very high rate with the RSR in custom races because they don't use BOP and the RSR has such weak top speed, I usually pass them entering turns but then they pass me again until I can get enough gap. I think the RSR enters T1 at about 170 and drops to 166 thru the corner from friction.

Did you remember to turn BOP on?? I can't pass cars at a very high rate with the RSR in custom races because they don't use BOP and the RSR has such weak top speed, I usually pass them entering turns but then they pass me again until I can get enough gap. I think the RSR enters T1 at about 170 and drops to 166 thru the corner from friction.
Yes the AI McLaren F1 was in the race. Was much faster than me on the straights. This car gets neutered a lot by BOP to make fair for the class. The only benefit the car gets from BOP is a large boost in it fuel efficiency. It's one of the most fuel efficient cars in class. A trade off is it eats the rear tires

Yes the AI McLaren F1 was in the race. Was much faster than me on the straights. This car gets neutered a lot by BOP to make fair for the class. The only benefit the car gets from BOP is a large boost in it fuel efficiency. It's one of the most fuel efficient cars in class. A trade off is it eats the rear tires
The Citroen has really good top speed for the AI without BOP

Practiced at Monza last night. No lift through turn 1. Can't remember what my speed was through there but pretty quick. I managed to get break the 1:40's. Fuel becomes an issue much earlier than tires.

Monza is regular season. Since you already entered a regular season Gr.3 race you can't freely change your car. Currently your regular season Gr.3 car us is the Ferrari 458. You change your car but, you'll be under the Car Change Policy and won't earn any points for the race.
I mentioned doing this already and understand I won't get points👍🏻 I'm go'n for the win on this one🤣
Since I showed up late to the party, I would relinquish all my points to the next driver, if we had one. I'm only getting points because it's just the 5 or 6 of us anyway. Frankly, this is about getting back into racing for me.

I was thinking about getting GT7 and moving with the league, but the inconsistencies between Challenges, Trials, Custom race and On-line race are to much for me right now. Every aspect of the game should stay the same. If this is fixed, I'll reconsider. But Assetto Corsa doesn't seem to have this issue. And you better know how to tune because you'll lose you ass all the way through novice league. I made Intermediate in 2 days.

I was looking for telemetry apps for GTS and AC and found 1 for a ton of simulators. You can fully customize your dash board👍🏻 Keep your eye out for GT7 app. I'm using the RS Dash👍🏻

Attachments

• D3ABF991-4D36-4873-990D-D2FF94601309.jpeg
    D3ABF991-4D36-4873-990D-D2FF94601309.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 40496431-6644-42C7-B887-6EB981BE8710.jpeg
    40496431-6644-42C7-B887-6EB981BE8710.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 7
I mentioned doing this already and understand I won't get points👍🏻 I'm go'n for the win on this one🤣
Since I showed up late to the party, I would relinquish all my points to the next driver, if we had one. I'm only getting points because it's just the 5 or 6 of us anyway. Frankly, this is about getting back into racing for me.

I was thinking about getting GT7 and moving with the league, but the inconsistencies between Challenges, Trials, Custom race and On-line race are to much for me right now. Every aspect of the game should stay the same. If this is fixed, I'll reconsider. But Assetto Corsa doesn't seem to have this issue. And you better know how to tune because you'll lose you ass all the way through novice league. I made Intermediate in 2 days.
I was looking for telemetry apps for GTS and AC and found 1 for a ton of simulators. You can fully customize your dash board👍🏻 Keep your eye out for GT7 app. I'm using the RS Dash👍🏻
I your okay with no points then it's find. You still must follow the only 2 from the same car model limit. Currently believe Gr.3 car with 2 claimed is the 2017 Lexus.

GT7 is supposed to be an overall improvement it including physics. As for the league. I don't plan to continue in GT7. As it's not my creation. The league was created by series founder Rinsky but, life got too busy to keep it going. So I took over hosting only a few races in last season. Rinsky's still ran the old forum until the end of season. I took over full time for this season. As much as I like the league. I don't feel it's appropriate to continue it after GTS is done.

I do plan to start a new league of my own creation in GT7 but, not immediately. I have idea what it would be yet. I might start with hosting a few one off special to see what will draw.

I your okay with no points then it's find. You still must follow the only 2 from the same car model limit. Currently believe Gr.3 car with 2 claimed is the 2017 Lexus.

GT7 is supposed to be an overall improvement it including physics. As for the league. I don't plan to continue in GT7. As it's not my creation. The league was created by series founder Rinsky but, life got too busy to keep it going. So I took over hosting only a few races in last season. Rinsky's still ran the old forum until the end of season. I took over full time for this season. As much as I like the league. I don't feel it's appropriate to continue it after GTS is done.

I do plan to start a new league of my own creation in GT7 but, not immediately. I have idea what it would be yet. I might start with hosting a few one off special to see what will draw.
I'm choosing a car from the list from up front. I assume since someone went through the trouble to type out every GT3 car and it's BoP, are all the cars are far game unless there's already 2.

-CW; About giving my points to the next car, I had an idea for you. You could have 1 or 2 separate races at the same time. The idea is to have open enrollment at specific times in the schedule. Those that enroll will start to accumulate points and be racing for points against the others that joined at the same time. Haven't thought it any further as I've never set up a league. This lets those late to the schedule still race for points, not just the win.

Call you new league whatever you want, I'd still go with you guys👍🏻😆 I'll get GT7 after you guys test drive it. If you think they fixed the grip thing, I'll get it. It's pretty much my only bitch about GTS. I've already expressed my feelings about telemetry before, so I won't repeat myself. If your not aware of Motec i2, check it out; https://www.motec.com.au/i2/i2downloads/ (pic below)
If you don't tune, you wont need it. But it's much easier and quicker to get a good tune with it.

About Monza; Jakuary needs a good PitStrat and you'll be kick'n ass.There's your tow Fastone👍🏻 The Vette had the highest top speed into T1 out of the dozen cars I tested. I got a screen shot of my top speed into T1 w/tow. I'm not sure if you guys can see it or if I have to post it, but I could have made 180 had I kept in it. After hitting continue I lost it off left into the kitty litter😆 I would have had to break anyway.

Attachments

• CBC2A268-3922-4103-B777-37480EABFC56.jpeg
    CBC2A268-3922-4103-B777-37480EABFC56.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 8

The custom race vs lobby settings align very nice if you remember to set up the custom race correctly. The only thing you can't do in custom race (sometimes) is match tire wear and fuel use if it is real high like it was for the K Car race. You must always remember to enter the tuning menu before the race and turn on your BOP on, the A I cars do not use BOP but it makes for better practice anyway. Coldwarrior always lists the the settings for each race so you can copy them for practice. You also must remember to turn off boost, set grip to real, slipstream to real, and change any suspension, gear, diff, or aero changes back to default. If I can figure out how to post pictures here again I will take screen shots of my custom race settings and post them here over the weekend. Last but not least you can always set up your own online lobby to practice in then you will have the exact same settings we have in the race, just remember to change it from public lobby to friends only so you don't have people dropping in all the time to race unless that's what you want. If you choose to set up a lobby it's a one time thing for each race because you can save the settings, when I go to practice in a lobby it's like only 3 clicks and my lobby is open, it takes about 10 seconds with loading.

Please remember to tag me for any special races and leagues you hold on GT7 and GTS. If I am not signed up it's probably because I didn't see the thread. Don't worry about the lack of time on GTS , I am wagering that GT7 will be delayed even farther. Hopefully by the time GT7 is released we can get PS5's, I really don't want to play GT7 on my PS4.

Last edited:
I'm getting the feeling I'm coming across as blaming someone for my bad practice race setup. If that's the case, please realize I'm pointing out my own error. Everything has been fully explained, nothing is ambiguous. I keep missing these little details that makes my practice race off. I've used spread sheets for everything since I started Sim Racing. It was a good habit when tuning... I still have all my notes on tire temps from Camber/toe adjustments, gear ratios etc. for over 100 tracks🙄 I made a couple for GTS... If you want to use them or have ideas to change for your own needs, I'll post the file. I did it in Numbers on my iPad, so you would need that App.

Attachments

• 6100CDFB-5147-44F7-B339-B71E7E23BEC1.jpeg
    6100CDFB-5147-44F7-B339-B71E7E23BEC1.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 8
  • BB65DBFC-1871-4DEA-8C2B-F3BE3DB9B3EE.jpeg
    BB65DBFC-1871-4DEA-8C2B-F3BE3DB9B3EE.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 245BFBCE-351F-4191-808E-769AA15AA758.jpeg
    245BFBCE-351F-4191-808E-769AA15AA758.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 9
Please remember to tag me for any special races and leagues you hold on GT7 and GTS. If I am not signed up it's probably because I didn't see the thread. Don't worry about the lack of time on GTS , I am wagering that GT7 will be delayed even farther. Hopefully by the time GT7 is released we can get PS5's, I really don't want to play GT7 on my PS4.
I can't even find a PS5 if I could afford one. Playstation can't keep up with demands. Then you have scammers who keep buying them up so they can sell them online at marked up prices.

I have already pre ordered GT7 25th Anniversary edition. Going by trailers the game looks pretty much done. I think PDI wants it on before the next FIA season starts. They have much more reason not to move release date than previous titles.

I can't even find a PS5 if I could afford one. Playstation can't keep up with demands. Then you have scammers who keep buying them up so they can sell them online at marked up prices.

I have already pre ordered GT7 25th Anniversary edition. Going by trailers the game looks pretty much done. I think PDI wants it on before the next FIA season starts. They have much more reason not to move release date than previous titles.
I hope you are correct but we all know that Polyphony is notorious for missing release dates.

I'm getting the feeling I'm coming across as blaming someone for my bad practice race setup. If that's the case, please realize I'm pointing out my own error. Everything has been fully explained, nothing is ambiguous. I keep missing these little details that makes my practice race off. I've used spread sheets for everything since I started Sim Racing. It was a good habit when tuning... I still have all my notes on tire temps from Camber/toe adjustments, gear ratios etc. for over 100 tracks🙄 I made a couple for GTS... If you want to use them or have ideas to change for your own needs, I'll post the file. I did it in Numbers on my iPad, so you would need that App.
I'm not saying you are blaming anyone but if you are getting different lap times between practice and races you must be missing something. I can pretty much predict what it will take to sit on the pole by my practice times. One of the few times I was wrong was when my fast lap at the Tokyo wet race was a second faster than I predicted it would be.

I'm not saying you are blaming anyone but if you are getting different lap times between practice and races you must be missing something. I can pretty much predict what it will take to sit on the pole by my practice times. One of the few times I was wrong was when my fast lap at the Tokyo wet race was a second faster than I predicted it would be.
That's what I'm pointing out. Even with my stupid spread sheets, I still miss some little details like the "Stock" part of our last race. But that race was more me not taking it seriously given the low HP car we raced in. I went and set up my lobby race settings like you suggested. I've decided to do very little in custom race and trials is out unless I need to learn the track. Honestly with as much exp I have with Sim Racing, it's kind of embarrassing to keep blowing it like this😒😒 I forgot to hit BoP for a practice race and couldn't get past P12. What a difference it makes.

Based on your guys posting your lap times, I'm right with you all👍🏻 This should be an awesome race🍻

I hope so, only time will tell. I can't remember if it was GT2 or GT3 that was awful, they must have postponed the release date at least half a dozen times.
I was too young to remember the release details of GT2 and GT3. I think GT5 release was the worst I remember.

I was too young to remember the release details of GT2 and GT3. I think GT5 release was the worst I remember.
I bought PS and GT for my kids, opened it up on Xmas eve night before they were due to be over on Xmas day and had to package and wrap everything up for them again. I fell in love with my first video game that night. By the time GT5 came out I was well experienced at Polyphony missing their release dates and didn't even pay attention to their news anymore. Was GTS released on time? I have no idea what the that timeline was.

I bought PS and GT for my kids, opened it up on Xmas eve night before they were due to be over on Xmas day and had to package and wrap everything up for them again. I fell in love with my first video game that night. By the time GT5 came out I was well experienced at Polyphony missing their release dates and didn't even pay attention to their news anymore. Was GTS released on time? I have no idea what the that timeline was.
I would rather have them delay the game and release a game works. Than release a game on time full glitches and bugs. Who wants bugs in their video game. There is a lot of video games companies that would be willing to release a game that's not ready just to keep the release date.

Hopefully everyone is ready for Saturdays race at Monza and has gotten a lot of practice in. I wanna see at least a 5 car battle for the lead. Just so everyone knows where they need to be my Q time should be a mid 1:39 if I get no drafting help, let's see a good battle for pole too!!!

Last edited:
Hopefully everyone is ready for Saturdays race at Monza and has gotten a lot of practice in. I wanna see at least a 5 car battle for the lead. Just so everyone knows where they need to be my Q time should be a mid 1:39 if I get no drafting help, let's see a good battle for pole too!!!
Damn it Fastone, you stole my thunder. I've been pulling 1:39s too. Not as consistently as the way low 1:40s race pace. I feel pretty confident for this race. I've raced Monza more time than I can count. But never w/o the chicane. The tow is incredible behind the peugot and VW. I think Jark will give the best tow. I was able to enter T1 at 172mph In the vette w/o a tow. Can't hold it w/o cleaning the cat litter on the left. If he doesn't get away, I'll be behind Jark until the last lap🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back