Road Atlanta is Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in November 24 Update

• Thread starter alex511
  • 244 comments
Germany
Germany
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta

"Ein Update für Gran Turismo 7 wird am 24. November veröffentlicht und die Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, einige neue Features und drei neue Autos umfassen: BMW M2 Competition ’18, Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth ’87 und Nissan Silvia K’s Aero (S14) ’96."

(only standing in german article)

Last edited:
197.gif

Hopefully that means the short configuration will also be arriving.

I can't say I'm familiar with the track, but looks like a high-speed affair, should be fun.

Road Atlanta is a fantastic track. Full of character, quite challenging, and really satisfying to nail. I have insanely fond memories of a lot of races I have done here in iRacing, so it's awesome to see it come to GT7.

Great addition to the roster.
I never really understood the appeal. The curvy section is somewhat satisfying, but what else is there to it? An uphill back straight on which slower cars will only feel heavy 🤔

Decent track I guess. Hopefully I'll try it out in real life sooner than later since I moved somewhat nearby. Few of my new local friends go there for track events.

Edit: Ah yea and hopefully its got a full day/night cycle as Petit Le Mans is a big annual race event there.

Last edited:
I never really understood the appeal. The curvy section is somewhat satisfying, but what else is there to it? An uphill back straight on which slower cars will only feel heavy 🤔
Lots imo, the back straight is a bit too long but it leads into a downhill section where you build speed into a chicane, it's hard to get that completely right - then you have another uphill climb to a downhill sweeper that you can take flat with the right line, and easily have some side-by-side drag races to the line from.

Turn 1 to the curves are satisfying, as you say, and then you have a run to a double apex corner that births some good racing because of the differing lines you can take through it.

Lots imo, the back straight is a bit too long but it leads into a downhill section where you build speed into a chicane, it's hard to get that completely right - then you have another uphill climb to a downhill sweeper that you can take flat with the right line, and easily have some side-by-side drag races to the line from.

Turn 1 to the curves are satisfying, as you say, and then you have a run to a double apex corner that births some good racing because of the differing lines you can take through it.
Fair points, but I think my issue boils down to the track not having much variety beyond the little curves. Tracks like Road America feel more complete to me.

Now that we know a track is coming, I can finally get my hopes up for this update.

Last time we got a new track - Watkins Glen - was easily the greatest update so far, adding the Escudo, horns, a 360-degree chase cam and of course the infamous bonanza, so this update has quite a lot to live up to.

Back