Road Atlanta is Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in November 24 Update

• Thread starter alex511
  • 244 comments
Probably mostly down to exposure. Anyone who watches F1 knows Yas Marina but Road Atlanta is only going to be known in the more niche motorsports, or other games. I am kinda surprised how few know about it here though.
The circuits of the F1 calendar for me are the most boring things around the world especially the middle east things, maybe SPA, Suzuka or Monaco are the exceptions.

I notice a lot of comments stating they would prefer Road America to Road Atlanta. I think it is just a matter of licensing. Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen and Daytona are all owned by NASCAR and now all feature in GT7. Road America is owned by Road America, Inc, so would require a separate deal. I'm happy with either to be fair. Would prefer Sonoma next though, if I had to choose another USA track. Would be a welcome return since GT4.

YES🔥🔥🔥🔥. I’ve been waiting or more like wishing for this track for so long !!! I have been playing it on ACC , it’s a tough track . It is a great one !!! I’m super excited ! Thank You GT7 !!

Petite Le man World circuit challenge ?!! Yes !!

Yas Marina is just so... flat. And most of the track is just sharp turn -> straight -> sharp turn.

It looks pretty at night, sure, but it isn't an interesting drive at all in my opinion.
And yet, completely flat airport runway circuits like Silverstone and Sebring are some of the racing world's favorites.

And yet, completely flat airport runway circuits like Silverstone and Sebring are some of the racing world's favorites.
It's a combination of the two that makes it boring to me. The layout itself, and the fact that it's entirely flat.

Flatness is a factor, and a track can still be good even if it's flat, but when it's flat and the layout is boring? It's just a boring track to me.

Of course it's all subjective. You can still enjoy the track. I personally don't, and wouldn't ask for it to come to the game.

Watkins Glen didn't get me excited. I wanted Midfield and every other GT fantasy track more. Now I run the Glen every couple of days. Events make a track fun. Monza has one outside of a series. Toyko has too many. Events are what we need. I miss seasonal events. Why is there nothing but one or two events for 1/3 of the cars to do? Take a 750 pp naturally asperated car and find something for it to do.

Watkins Glen didn't get me excited. I wanted Midfield and every other GT fantasy track more. Now I run the Glen every couple of days. Events make a track fun. Monza has one outside of a series. Toyko has too many. Events are what we need. I miss seasonal events. Why is there nothing but one or two events for 1/3 of the cars to do? Take a 750 pp naturally asperated car and find something for it to do.
Heck take 900 pp and allow tuning I got several GR 1 cars collecting dust 😂

It's a combination of the two that makes it boring to me. The layout itself, and the fact that it's entirely flat.
For me, the aesthetics of the track environment are important as well, I like a track that makes me feel good when driving it. Yas Marina is just such an awful sterile feeling environment, Spa is a good example of a much more interesting and aesthetically pleasing environment for a real world track, and of course PD has put significant effort into that aspect for its fictitious tracks.

New track = new circuit experience = moar credits!

I wonder which car we'll have to drive. Gotta be something fast, right? Maybe it's another Gr.3 car.
For Watkins Glen we have to use the Genesis X GR3. Maybe now it's the Genesis Gr.3 :P

New track = new circuit experience = moar credits!

I wonder which car we'll have to drive. Gotta be something fast, right? Maybe it's another Gr.3 car.
For Watkins Glen we have to use the Genesis X GR3. Maybe now it's the Genesis Gr.3 :P
Yeah, I've been thinking about this too. Hopefully it's not hard and the credits is huge lol

I just got an M2 Competition, anyone know if Sunset Orange is one of the colors. Its gotta be!!!!!1

No, we have more countries that only america. What about an european One? Like Silverstone?
Road America ***** on silverstone. Id love to drive my viper or m2 comp at Road America.

From the map it looks a lot like Monza. Is that kind of how it feels to race on?
Nah, the actual track surface is very different. Road Atlanta has plenty of bumps and dips, while Monza is pretty much flat the entire way through. If I could compare it to anything, it'd be a rollercoaster ride.

I just got an M2 Competition, anyone know if Sunset Orange is one of the colors. Its gotta be!!!!!1
The M2 comp share the same S55 engine as the M4 F82 in the game, but the sound on this one is far from the sound that S55 make IRL, I hope they fixed it with the M2 Comp

PD before launch: "GT7 now has dynamic weather and time, what a great new feature, huh?"

PD since: "oh, it's actually only available on a few tracks and we won't bother including it on any new tracks we add. Awesome, huh?"

The mind truly boggles. How badly is it implemented that it isn't just easily added to any track like any other game?

The M2 comp share the same S55 engine as the M4 F82 in the game, but the sound on this one is far from the sound that S55 make IRL, I hope they fixed it with the M2 Comp

Haven't played with the m2 in game. But this is the 2018 m2, I'm sure irl the m2/3/4 don't sound as good as 2017 comps, as had to do something with the exhaust system to fall into line with EU regulations...

There is a screaming orange color, don't know its exact name.
Yea,Sunset Orange, so glad its there, i was ready for a disappointment. Thats how the series after 4 has been for me, ups and downs!

SO is probably the best color, I may be biased! Only other M2 that is rarer or stands out more is the one on the M2 CS, which is Misano Blue. But that is on the $85k+ version of the M2.

I have a bone stock M2C, only thing done is a GTS lighter hood. I did switch out the stock air filters and replaced with K&N, you can hear the turbo more and maybe gave me a tiny bit more power since the filter isnt as restrictive as before.

Sadly the sound is abit off, even with the valves open, theres no crackle/burble either on decel, not that I'm a fan of those burbles. I guess its good enough, acceleration especially after 100mph is spot on. IRL in Mexico when I took this car passed 120mph I was surprised with the legs the car had for a 400hp car. It got to 160mph pretty easy. Feels faster than the '13 Mustang GT I had which was also stock.

Now that I think about it, I'm going to **** with my brothers and take pics at laguna seca. They'll think I actually went to a track day on thanksgiving day. LOL

PD before launch: "GT7 now has dynamic weather and time, what a great new feature, huh?"

PD since: "oh, it's actually only available on a few tracks and we won't bother including it on any new tracks we add. Awesome, huh?"

The mind truly boggles. How badly is it implemented that it isn't just easily added to any track like any other game?
Kaz is a perfectionist. We already know he wouldn't be satisfied with the dynamic time and weather unless it perfectly correlates with the constellations in the sky and the meterological data at that specific location.

Kaz is a perfectionist. We already know he wouldn't be satisfied with the dynamic time and weather unless it perfectly correlates with the constellations in the sky and the meterological data at that specific location.
That doesn't make a lot of sense though. There are tracks that have rain in one layout but not in others and different time of day ranges between layouts too, surely that shouldn't need any extra data?

The time of day one is the one that really baffles me honestly to the point where I almost think it's a conscious design decision. For example in Spa you have two identical layouts (yeah the start line is different whatever) but one of them has 4 selectable times while the other layout has a full 24h. It just doesn't make sense.

Latest Posts

Back