roadster and spyder pro

• Thread starter 68 Cuda
  • 4 comments
did all of that this morning before i had to go to work.

i dont qualify ever, so i didnt this time, sooo, right to the track with my 510 hp 3400 S.

my competion for the day was a red grifitth 500 and a yellow Exige. man, id say the only edge i had over these guys was my hp, and my setup was perfect too. i had a good amount of camber and some tow on front and rear, good gears, hit 160 on grand valley strait, and had T3 tires.

grand valley and, uhh, trial mountain werent all that difficult, in grand valley, the exige was my main competitor, but he pit on like lap 7 like an AI moron and i pit on 5 and beat him with orange tires. i won by maybe 15 seconds due to a perfected racing lien i figured out.
Trial mountain wanst all that easy, the griffith hit the same mph i was alont the back stretch, so all i had on him was a bit better handling, and his car was setup to drift, and mine was a straight line racer. i won that race by only 3 seconds i think.

then.. on for Cote'. well, i put my T3's on thinking that i would need it in the twisties and the turns wer relatively low speed so i didnt think they would wear to bad, boy i was wrong. i HAD to pit every 5 laps, and i was surprised to see that it was a 15 lap race, and with longer lap times than the others, so that stupid little motor sport elise was on my ass the whole damn race. when he pit on lap 7 i think, i was on his right before the pit lanes, i nudged his rear end when he was trying to enter the pits, and he hit that red wall that makes you do a 180, it was pretty funny, i think it took him about 10 seconds to get into the pits, and by then i was 30 seconds ahead, and i widened the gap farther throughout the entire race, i finished more than a minute ahead, with a low lap time of a 1.35 or something like that

oh yeah, and ai won a white cobra...

you could have done that with alot less HP dood...

my write up will show ya that :P
but I am a freakin legend ;) (jk)

Good job anyway, 68 Cuda. But try this - deduct about 150 hp from that Boxster and try Monaco again. Practice your throttle control, too. I bet you can win it without resorting to violence, and with one less pit.

well, im sure i would have won, i mean, with abotu 400 hp even, and T2's, i probably wouldnt have to pit, id just set my camber to around 1.5 front and .8 rear, and toe to zero, so tire wear would be reduced.

im not sure with only 400 hp in the 3400 i could keep up with those guys, id say that grifith had 480 hp or so, and the elise with probably 300, but its small so it makes up for it fine

not only throttle control are needed for Monaco, but shifting is a key element in this race. If you use them in a conservative fashion, you can make those tires last a tad longer and it would help. Good job.

Back