roadster endurance

• Thread starter revelli
  • 19 comments
hi there, i have only once endurance left - 2hours with a roadster, and i think, that the best car for this is mazda miata rs, cause i read that my miata must be non tuned, i try to race with stock car, but i did not finish, cause i was 6th 3laps :nervous:
so what tuning could have miata to race this endurance???

thanks

Hi, revelli, and welcome to GTPlanet.

1) The Roadster Enduro takes a little over an hour and a quarter.

2) Any Miata/MX5 can win it. Buy the hardest racing tires, and pit once about lap 20. You'll win unless you totally and completely can't drive.

3) Don't worry about the car that takes off right from the start. He is on soft racing tires, and he'll pit about every other lap. By the end of the race, he will be at least 1 lap down, if not two.

4) Try a search for the words "roadster enduro", limited to thread titles in the GT3 forum and sub boards. You'll find a number of threads and writeups on this race.

Good luck.

Best suggestion is to click the link below. You'll find everything you need to know about what is a good car to enter in, and pit strategies in order to win this race.

Running cheap in the Roadster Endurance.

You'll see its possible to win in the '93 Miata with no oil change and normal tyres if you fancy a particularly difficult challenge!

i done it today
and i really proud of my time:
69'11,863 for the race
fastest lap - 1.40.354

and final results:
(me) mazda mx-5 1,8i
mazda mx-5 1,8i - 2 laps
mazda mx-5 1,8 RS (J) - 2 laps
mazda mx-5(J) - 2 laps
mazda mx-5(J) - 2 laps
mazda mx-5(J) - 3 laps :)

Well done! Glad you enjoyed it! One of the best races in GT3! 👍
Now try it again in something with a little less HP, e.g. the 116HP MX-5, with Racing Hard tyres, you'll still win!

Which prizecar did you win?
Just so you know, there are 4 unique MX-5s that can be won here, and an F1. At least there is in the NTSC version, not quite sure about PAL.

Prize cars are:-
2 variations of the same car, which can only be won here.
Mazda Miata MX-5 (J) VR Limited A - Mica Merlot with tan interior colour 130HP
Mazda Miata MX-5 (J) VR Limited B - Excellent Green Mica with black interior 130HP

A variation of the 118HP MX-5 in the special J-Limited colour.
Mazda Miata MX-5 (J) J-Limited - Sunburst Yellow with black interior 118HP

A special colour model of the 1.8RS.
Mazda Miata MX-5 1.8RS (J) - Sparkle Green Metallic with black interior 143HP

F688/S in 3 different colours & numbers. (In NTSC version, maybe P002 in PAL)
#3 purple
#4 red
#5 white

Suggest you win the race, and if you win another MX-5, put some new tyres on, and go race again, etc etc until you get your hands on all the possible prizecars for this race. Also try decreasing your tyre selection each time, go from racing to sports to normal and enjoy closer racing!
Enjoy! :cheers:

Now try the Rome Enduro with a Fully Tuned MR-S Toyota.
Don't run unless both the Renault Clio V-6, and the TVR Griffith show up on the grid.

You'll need hard enough tires to run a 10-12 lap pit schedule, but you'll be "in danger" of losing your lead from about lap 7 until you cross the finish line.

It gives the race some "pucker factor" and will keep you alert and awake for the entire time.👍

Gil
Now try the Rome Enduro with a Fully Tuned MR-S Toyota.
Don't run unless both the Renault Clio V-6, and the TVR Griffith show up on the grid.

You'll need hard enough tires to run a 10-12 lap pit schedule, but you'll be "in danger" of losing your lead from about lap 7 until you cross the finish line.

It gives the race some "pucker factor" and will keep you alert and awake for the entire time.👍

Nah, fully tuned Mini! It's much more fun! There's a couple of write-ups in the race reports forum! A couple of seconds for victory or despair after 2hrs racing! Now that's "pucker factor"!!!! See Italian Job, and Why I hate AI..... (part I.)
Or try the totally stock Spoon Civic on Racing Medium tyres, vs. the Clio V-6.
See the Spooning away 2hrs in Rome write-up. Talk about lead swapping, and a wonderfully close finish!

colton19911
I tried the Rome Enduro and, got in 85 laps in a little over 2 hours. my car was a F094/S.

Bet that was an exceptionally dull drive. Can't really call an F1 vs. road cars a race! :yuck:
Try it in something competetive, then you'll get the kudos for winning a real "race"! :sly:

Even stopping regularly, an F1 at Rome is still OVERKILL! A Dull drive! :yuck:

Read this:- Spooning away 2hrs in Rome :drool:

Try it out.

Then come back and tell us which was more exciting, your F1 "walk-in-the-park, why bother even having AI on the track?" drive, or the real "RACE" in a competetive car? :sly:

Smallhorses

Try it out.

Then come back and tell us which was more exciting, your F1 "walk-in-the-park, why bother even having AI on the track?" drive, or the real "RACE" in a competetive car? :sly:

I have to agree with Smallhorses, I've run it in F1's and found it to be boring.
The first time I ran it in the MR-S with the Clio V-6 and the TVR Griffith on the track was a real race. I was never more than 30-35 seconds in the lead. And knowing that I could be passed at any time, kept me on my toes for the entire time.

I've not run it in a Mini, but I have done it in a slightly warmed over Spoon Civic...With similar results. I've found myself knocking the HP levels down in my road cars to make the race competitive.

GT4 has soured me on enduros, but I may have to try it with the little Tommy Kaira with only tranny and suspension mods.

Smallhorses
Well done! Glad you enjoyed it! One of the best races in GT3! 👍
Now try it again in something with a little less HP, e.g. the 116HP MX-5, with Racing Hard tyres, you'll still win!

Which prizecar did you win?
Just so you know, there are 4 unique MX-5s that can be won here, and an F1. At least there is in the NTSC version, not quite sure about PAL.

Prize cars are:-
2 variations of the same car, which can only be won here.
Mazda Miata MX-5 (J) VR Limited A - Mica Merlot with tan interior colour 130HP
Mazda Miata MX-5 (J) VR Limited B - Excellent Green Mica with black interior 130HP

A variation of the 118HP MX-5 in the special J-Limited colour.
Mazda Miata MX-5 (J) J-Limited - Sunburst Yellow with black interior 118HP

A special colour model of the 1.8RS.
Mazda Miata MX-5 1.8RS (J) - Sparkle Green Metallic with black interior 143HP

F688/S in 3 different colours & numbers. (In NTSC version, maybe P002 in PAL)
#3 purple
#4 red
#5 white

Suggest you win the race, and if you win another MX-5, put some new tyres on, and go race again, etc etc until you get your hands on all the possible prizecars for this race. Also try decreasing your tyre selection each time, go from racing to sports to normal and enjoy closer racing!
Enjoy! :cheers:
Just so you know you can get the Mica Green Metallic MX-5(J) in the Clubman Cup in the Beginner League. Which in the GR list is described as a Mazda Eunos Roadster
:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

Smallhorses

Try it out.

I also agree. I haven't done any enduros in GT3 yet (I'm about 3 years behind everyone else on this board it seems) but in GT2 I'm constantly challenging myself in enduros. If I get even remotely ahead during the first few laps of a race, I'll start over till I have trouble getting out of 5th or 6th place within 2 or 3 laps.

The other day I did the Trial Mountain Enduro in a Subaru Pleo RS. In case you've forgotten, this is one of those 3 cylinder kei cars...the one with the 7-speed tranny. I used a race transmission, but I was on stock tires AND I was up against the mighty Lotus Elise 190! Talk about edge-of-your-seat action...I calculated that I'd need less than full power in my Pleo, so I was running about 164 horses instead of the max of about 180.

That Lotus got ahead early of course, but as the laps wore on she realized I meant business. Both of us pit late in the race (lap 18 or 19 I think) since we're both lightweight. Yeah, but long story short, I never got too far ahead....neither did the Lotus.

Last edited:
Revisiting old haunts, I had some great fun at the E-7 Roadster Endurance event. This is a nice little challenge for anyone who is pretty comfortable with getting gold on the S-1 License test ...

Take the second top Mazda MX-5/Miata/Eunos Roadster model (it is MX-5 RS in the PAL edition); run it in and take fresh oil if you like (I did, and started the race at 148bhp), and fit a brand spanking new set of Simulation Tyres (tires).

If you can run lap times around 1'50 on the fully red wheels, you'll be in for a pulse-elevatingly close run... and, if you win, a nice sense of achievement. Race time is around 1h13...

... plus reruns if you get punted off at the hairpin :)

*poke*

When we getting you up to the Northeast for a LAN?

Ooooh, we don't go north of the border this time of night.

Back