Robot WarsTV 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 593 comments
The standard of robots has been terrible this series - and Razer clearly threw their heat. I guess so that they could get on screen and give the show some continuation credibility, but didn't have to actually do any fighting.

I thought that to start with going by Episode 1 which even included the awesome Carbide. I think it's a combination of two factors, one being that we remember the old robots to be better than they actually were (None of Behemoth, Storm 2, Razer or Dantomkia made it to the finals) and also because I've seen Battlebots where the standard was just way above what I'd experienced before.

But comparing this series to an older series of Robot Wars I'd say the robots we saw tonight in the final were a cut above the older robots.

I do agree what you said about Razer though. They knew such a design would be utterly shredded by Carbide so chickened out. Probably better to remember Razor for it's glory days though than to see such a classic in pieces!

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the final, it had some great battles and Apollo are very worthy winners, shame that Carbide's gremlins came back just at the worst time but they have been brilliant too, no real surprise that Thor was the wildcard pick but was done after it got shredded by Carbide, really hope there is a second series as I have enjoyed it immensely 👍:)

Spike is airing a new series of Battlebots. Never seen it before but man the production values are so much higher! The BBC clearly have no money! :lol:

Would love to see the best of the UK go against the best of the USA.

Spike is airing a new series of Battlebots. Never seen it before but man the production values are so much higher! The BBC clearly have no money! :lol:

Battlebots is ace. A lot of the Robot Wars teams are also in that.

Team Carbide didn't do so well there. :lol:

Team Terrorhurtz are there with Beta, Carbide were there with Cobalt, Team Razer are there with Warhead and Rob Knight from Mortis is a robotics engineer now, he entered with some weird sword-and-shield thing that caught fire in round one.

Last edited:
Applications are been taken online for competitors, reigning champs Apollo have submitted theirs.

There's only six episodes again but one would hope they bring seedings back so that high-ranking competitors get automatic entry...

i.e.

1. Apollo
2. Carbide
3. TR2
4. Thor
5. Shockwave
6. Pulsar
7. Gabriel
8. Behemoth
9. Storm2
10. Dantomkia

...as an example.

You think Gabriel is the best of the 4 heat finalists?

I hope Ironside3, Eruption and Terrorhurtz return, they were easily the best robots not to reach a heat final. Eruption beat the Grand Champion and Terrorhurtz beat the runner up, while Ironside3 was comfortably the best robot in Heat E.

So then guys, in case you haven't heard there will be two Christmas specials airing soon, It will be two hour-long episodes involving celebrities designing their dream robots with the help of a roboteer from an existing team, then they will fight it out in the arena (the robots that is, not the celebs!), four robots/teams in each episode.

I don't know all of whom that will be taking part but i do know that Radio 1 DJ's Scott Mills and Chris Stark will be taking part as i listen to their show and they announced it last week, no word on air dates either...

Right then got all the news for the upcoming specials

The first episode will air on the 28th at 8pm on BBC 2 and will feature..

Former Footballer now turned Pundit Robbie Savage
One half of pop duo Rizzle Kicks Jordan Stephens
TV Archaeologist and author Neil Oliver
Double gold medal winner Team GB Paralympian Kadeena Cox

Second episode will air on the 29th at the same time on the same channel and will feature

British Triathlon legends the Brownlee brothers
Radio 1 duo Scott Mills and Chris Stark
Space scientist Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocok
Presenter Suzi Perry

I dont actually know the format for the shows as such but i do know that recording started today.

Aww no Angela Scanlon? :confused:

Edit: Oops I see now, Suzi Perry is a contestant, "Presenter" being her profession, derp.

Tonight and tomorrow night we have two celebrity specials on BBC Two at 8pm. The celebrities were all mentored by a roboteer from last series to build a robot of their concept design. Sounds like a good format, and with a good set of celebs, this should be good to watch.

That was crap. Almost every fight ended with one robot immobilising itself before even coming in to contact with their opponent.

It was never going to be as good as the main series, as drivers do need some practice before getting any good. Plus the robots were untested, but at least the spinners did some good damage to the wheels.

I saw the Dara vs Angela battle filmed, it was really funny to watch.

The celeb version was truly dire, all the robots looked like they came from the same basic platform with some tweaks and were terribly unreliable and defenceless but I guess that was due to budget constraints. However the show did seem more polished with the new graphics. Still a long way off how Battle Bots or even old Robot Wars looked but Dara and Angela do a good job with what they have.

I can so far confirm that Apollo, Behemoth and Gabriel will be returning in the new series!

Watched the Battle of the Stars specials, i enjoyed them but they were nothing special, I'm sure I've seen the winning robot in the second show Kadeena Machina before, was it in the last series under a different name??

Watched the Battle of the Stars specials, i enjoyed them but they were nothing special, I'm sure I've seen the winning robot in the second show Kadeena Machina before, was it in the last series under a different name??
No, it was jsut painted the same colours as her mentors robot, Pulsar.

Apollo are the defending champions, and then this:

Untelevised means a fight that was shown as Audience entertainment, rather than part of the episodes. These "Whiteboard Matches" happened last time as well. I saw a Whiteboard between 2 robots when I was at filming, and one of those won't be appearing in the main series. Take that video with a grain of salt, as you never know.

Latest Posts

Back