Robot WarsTV 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 593 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Robot Wars has returned after a 12 year hiatus. Now in it's second Series, who will come out on top.

Series 9
Winner, Wildcard chance

Episode 1: Aftershock, Crank-E, Jellyfish, Nuts 2, Rapid, Sabretooth, Terrorhurtz, TMHWK

Episode 2: Behemoth, Cherub, Cobra, Draven, Eruption, Hobgoblin, PP3D, Push to Exit

Episode 3: Chimera 2, Concussion, Expulsion, Foxic, Heavy Metal, M.R. Speed Squared, Tauron, Thor

Episode 4: Apex, Crushtacean, Frostbite, HIGH-5, Ironside3, Pulsar, Supernova, Wyrm

Episode 5: Apollo, Carbide, Coyote, Crackers 'n' Smash, Meggamouse, Ms Nightshade, Rusty, Trolley Rage

Grand Final: Aftershock, Eruption, Concussion, Ironside3, Carbide, Wildcard choice
To be broadcast on 16th April

If you want any information about anything Robot Wars related, check out the Robot Wars Wiki. Remember to sign up as a user and check the policies before editing anything :).
Don't worry, a friendly face is there to help.

Last edited:
I've watched it on and off since it's been going. Admittedly there was a fair degree of lusting after Philippa Forrester involved, but it's an interesting show.

I used to think it was a sad concept until I realised how big these robots are. I mean, most of them are about 80Kg!

There's a lot of work goes into makign a robot, and once you start to think of it from that perspective, it becomes a lot more interesting. I do thing that there's a universal design that will be proven to be the ultimate, but it's not been found yet.

The commentator's a bit of an idiot though.

Originally posted by slip2rock
Surely you do not mean Craig Charles?

No, he's the presenter. Although that kissing his fingers thing at the end is really really sad.

No, I'm talking about the one who screams along to the action.

Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
No, he's the presenter. Although that kissing his fingers thing at the end is really really sad.

No, I'm talking about the one who screams along to the action.

Oh him, yeah drives me insane. But if there's a few of us watching the show then normally he gets drowned out anyway.

Yeah finger kissing is definitly very suspect, and that silly rhyme he does..... gaaahhhh!

Originally posted by tm2003
who watches it

Me :D

mr_psycho.gif

They show Robot Wars on Tech TV. I don't know how current the episodes are. Isn't the presenter from Red Dwarf?

OOHHH I FOUND IT.... THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE: weight: 480 kg and his claw is adapted from the jaws of life a hydraulic claw used by firefighters to tear apart cars so its more than enough to beat any robot he comes across!
sir-killalot.gif

Post your favourite Robot Wars battle here! (Video isn't a must, but would be cool if you you could imbed one.)

Mine has to be Chaos vs Mace, what a shocker that one was!!

This has to be the biggest thread bump in GTP history!

I love Robot Wars, was gutted when it stopped, never missed an episode. My personal favourites were Chaos 2, Wheely Big Cheese, Thermidor 2, Gravity, and Hypno-Disc. I still have the games, though the disc drive on my computer won't open anymore! :(

Not sure if I have particular favourite bout, though this always entertaining:

I wonder...what would happen if C-3PO went up against Sir Killalot? :lol:

I was watching "The Big Bang Theory" on Saturday, and there was an episode where the guys pit their robot against some blowtorch-wielding beast controlled by a guy who can't pronounce his Rs or his Ls. Brought back some good memories. :D

When a saw this thread I thought, what is it back? ... then realized someone had been grave digging ;)

I watched robot wars loads back in the day and it was really amazing but seeing some of the repeats on freeview it doesn't have the same excitement anymore seeing it as an adult.

Craig Charles and Philippa Forrester were really good presenters on it. The fights with robots like Hypno-Disc and Razer I remember the best.

My real love was for Scrapheap Challenge, oh why won't they bring it back in the original format with Robert Llewellyn and Lisa Rogers. Its been terrible ever since they left.

Robin.

Oh god, RW was the business! I was such a sucker for 'Panic Attack' and '101' ;)

Wow. Haven't watched Robot Wars in almost a decade. Back when it was the staple of Friday evening TV on the Beeb.

I think Tornado was one of the top robots the last time I watched it (having missed most of Extreme 2), though Chaos 2 was still one of the most formidable. Can't forget it flipping Firestorm out of the arena in series 3. A first for the series.

Last edited:
Shunt + Dead Metal = :mischievous: :mischievous:

Chaos 2 was good until later on where it ran out of CO2 too soon and then became useless afterwards... same goes for Hypno-disc.

Robin.
When a saw this thread I thought, what is it back? ... then realized someone had been grave digging ;)

I watched robot wars loads back in the day and it was really amazing but seeing some of the repeats on freeview it doesn't have the same excitement anymore seeing it as an adult.

Craig Charles and Philippa Forrester were really good presenters on it. The fights with robots like Hypno-Disc and Razer I remember the best.

My real love was for Scrapheap Challenge, oh why won't they bring it back in the original format with Robert Llewellyn and Lisa Rogers. Its been terrible ever since they left.

Robin.

Scrapheap Challenge from back in the day was quality!

On topic though I used to love Robot Wars. I still remember the one where Matilda the house robot was mashed up by someone. :P

Chaos 2 was good until later on where it ran out of CO2 too soon and then became useless afterwards...

Yeah, that seemed to start happening in Series 5, although I think it may have had a fault because when ever it used the flipper gas seemed to pour out of it. Fault or not I have no clue.

To demonstrate my theory heres the battle Chaos II VS Storm, notice the gas coming out of it:

I remember we had Battlebots here in the states. Just an Americanized version of Robot Wars. And oddly enough it was shown on Comedy Central. Tom Green was one of the presenters and Bill Nye was the technical expert.

Sorry for the bump, but I have recently rediscovered this from my youth. (Those eagle eyed of you will have noticed my signature highlights this.
Favourite Robots
Dantomkia, Storm 2, Thermidor 2, Terrorhurtz, Atomic, Hypno Disc, X-terminator, Razer

Hypno Disc made a wicked debut, but Axe weapons blew up its offense.

I remember there was one bot that dropped an axe on the disc, jammed it, and it stopped working. After that, it was nothing more than just a bot with 4 wheels.

Chaos 2 was my favourite. It was amazing in its first two series, then it ran out of CO2 way too quickly and either couldn't self right or attack. It eventually was destroyed by Razer and 13 Black. (EDIT: Didn't realise this was the same thread I posted in last year, I already said this!)

Back