Rome endurance in my Elise 190

Speedy Samurai

Speedium
Premium
Australia
Sydney
Gai-Gun
I figured I'd give myself a bit of a challenge and race this race in a stock Elise 190 with T2's. The only real challenge was the Clio Sport. I didn't qualify (I never do) and started from 6th. After the first lap I was 5th and 5 seconds behind the Clio. By lap 4 I was 2nd and 11 seconds behind. I realized that only pit strategy and consistent lap times would win me the race so I waited for the Clio to pit. He pit on lap 7 and I managed to catch him. He came out of the pits still in the lead but my tires were nice and hot and his were cold. I kept within 2 seconds of him until I pit on lap 10. Came out of the pits about 14 seconds behind but his tires were starting to wear and I caught him when he went in on lap 13. We went back and forth until my pit strategy paid off and he had to pit twice between my pits. When he went in I stayed out for 2 extra laps because I was running fast and I wanted some padding. He never caught me after about lap 43 and I went on to victory by about 35 seconds.

Beautiful.. pretty well done, Gratz!

"my tires were nice and hot and his were cold." ??

When im racing in amateur and Pro, theres 4 "boxex" down the Left Corner, when i pit out they're Blue, and grip like Gaffer Tape, after a certain number of laps they're Red, and grip like I was driving on Ice, with MetalWheels... :odd: :confused:

am i :banghead: or :cool: :odd: :rolleyes: :D :)

Tires grip best when light yellow or so. Cold Blue tires do grip better than worn out red ones, but not as well as the light-green to light-orange range.

Latest Posts

Back