Monthly 200 km Gr.3 race - Back soon!

Norway
Norway
WhiteFlight1
Choose your Car for the 2019 Season Now

(Existing members can of course choose to continue to use the same car)

This is a race club where we meet up for a monthly Gr.3 race.
I came up with the idea after running several races at MSN by @Rinsky and it's always great fun.
So this race series will share some similarities with his. Everyone is welcome as long as you always try to be as clean as possible! Accidents will happen of course.

Details of the series

- Races will be held the second Saturday of every month
- You can choose any Gr.3 car you like, but the there will be a limit of 4 of the same car on the entry list as I don't want this to become a one make series.
- The car you select will stay with you for all of 2019, but you are allowed to switch once
- Race is always 200 km so about 1 hour length depending on track
- No points will be awarded, just honor
- No assists but ABS and TC

Times

- Lobby will open 9 PM UK/ 4 PM ET
- Qualifying starts 9:50 UK/4:50 ET
- Race start 10 PM UK, 5 PM ET

Next Race Details

Date: TBA
Track: TBA
Conditions:
Laps:
Start Type: Grid start/false start check

Mechanical damage: LIGHT
Tyre wear: 2x
Fuel: 1x
Initial fuel: Default

BoP - no tuning
Tyres are Racing Mediums and Softs

All ghosting off
Shortcut penalty weak
Wall collision penalty off
Side contact penalty weak
ABS and TC are the allowed assists

Flag rules on

Note about qualifying: the racers will go out on track in two different groups with the host calling them out in chat. 1 out lap and 1 flying lap then park your car off track in a designated spot and DO NOT leave track

----------------------------

If you are interested to join and register as a reserve, simply send me a PM or post in this thread a message that includes your car and your PSN name. Please accept my friend request as this is a private lobby. My PSN is also WhiteFlight1.

Make sure to put your PSN in the PM

PS: You get to switch car once throughout the season. We will be racing at a lot of different type of circuits so choose wisely

Looking forward to seeing you guys on track! :gtpflag:

Winners

October 2018 - Interlagos: Venster

November 2018 - St. Croix - C: DrifterJoe

December 2018 - Fuji Speedway Short: DrifterJoe

January 2019 - Tokyo S. O. Loop: DrifterJoe

February 2019 - Dragon Trail Seaside: Jomas

March 2019 - Autopolis: WaikeCU

April 2019 - Monza: T5Black

Last edited:
Car List (taken/total amount)

BMW M3 (3/4)

BMW Z4 (1/4)

BMW M6 (1/4)

Ford GT (0/4)

Ford Mustang (1/4)

Ferrari (0/4)

AMG GT3 (1/4)

SLS AMG (1/4)

Toyota FT-1 (0/4)

Toyota Supra (1/4)

Corvette (3/4)

Porsche (3/4)

Jaguar (2/4)

Subaru (1/4)

Mazda (1/4)

McLaren (0/4)

Honda (0/4)

Mitsubishi (0/4)

VW Beetle (0/4)

VW VGT (0/4)

Renault (2/4)

Hyundai (1/4)

Dodge (1/4)

Aston Martin (4/4)

Lamborghini (0/4)

Lexus (any) (4/4)

Nissan (3/4)

Peugeot RCZ (0/4)

Peugeot VGT (0/4)

Audi (0/4)

Entry List

WhiteFlight1: Porsche *

Rinsky: Mustang **

Fastone371: Renault *

Venster: Porsche

Im2fst4u: Corvette

Infineon: Renault *

DC2_Evan: Aston Martin *

Road2Fury: BMW M6

Hasse R: Aston Martin *

DesertPenguin: Nissab

Standard_FV: Jaguar *

T5Black: Lexus *

Fastnloud30: Lexus *

DrifterJoe: Aston Martin *

Boudhe: Nissan

Docbrown40: Viper *

Ilyazzes: AMG GT3

EATHinNZ: Lexus

QTip8329Wags: Nissan *

Jomas: Supra *

CrazyJohn: Hyundai

WaikeCU: Porsche *

DR_Hash: Lexus *

Aweoob: Corvette *

Reserves

Si_berian_tiger: BMW Z4 *

ConfusedAtNight: Corvette

Aaron Curtis: SLS AMG

damonc84: M3

Miguelinho: M3

Freddude: M3

Andrew Cave: Porsche

Bivittavus88: Lexus

Guest drivers

HooniganN96: Subaru

Mika8102K: Aston Martin

* (has taken part in 2019 and has one car change left)
** (has taken part in 2019 and has no car changes left)

Last edited:
I'm definitely one of those people who need TC in Gr.3 but I can learn not to rely on it.

I always relied on it in the start of playing GT Sport too but eventually learned to live without it so I guess it's a matter of what you are used to. 👍
I'm definitely one of those people who need TC in Gr.3 but I can learn not to rely on it.

This sounds good! I would be keen on joining this too. Is it everyone in different cars? I have a choice of four that I maybe interested in!

Edit - no TC is fine with me

I would like like to join please. I will take the 911 if available

Or the Beetle if the 911 is spoken for.

This sounds good! I would be keen on joining this too. Is it everyone in different cars? I have a choice of four that I maybe interested in!

Edit - no TC is fine with me

@Venster There could be multiple cars of the same type, so at least for 2018 you can choose whatever car you like, even of someone else did too :)

I will add your 911 @fastone371

I was hoping for some more European timezone. There is not much difference from Rinskys timezone. I guess you wanted the same player pool or do you have any other reason for this ?

I was hoping for some more European timezone. There is not much difference from Rinskys timezone. I guess you wanted the same player pool or do you have any other reason for this ?
I would not mind starting a bit earlier either, but I wonder what @Rinsky and @fastone371 and possibly more Americans think about race start at 5 PM eastern which will make it 11 PM for me and you I guess.

I would not mind starting a bit earlier either, but I wonder what @Rinsky and @fastone371 and possibly more Americans think about race start at 5 PM eastern which will make it 11 PM for me and you I guess.

If you would like or need to change the start times please don't worry about me. I work on Saturdays so 5pm is really pushing it for me as I may or may not make it home by that time. All depends on traffic because I have over an hour drive from work to my home.

I'm also only really available one Saturday every month and I already run the Gr.4 race on that day. I'm absolutely going to be there to help kick off your inaugural event and wouldn't miss it but probably won't be able to make it to every single race after that but I will make it to some of them if there is still availability.

I suck at Gr.3 anyway and will not be much competition in the races I do attend. Come to think of it I can't catch your ass in my own damn race :lol:

So please run your race the way it benefits the most people and I will absolutely work around your schedule.

Well that eliminates me. I can adjust my work schedule to be home by then but that's general dinner time for most of East Coast. 5pm-7pm. I'm available from 7 on but any earlier and the family would have to eat without me :(

I think CET is Central European Time which is one hour ahead of BST, or British Standard Time. But it all depends on daylight savings here in US so something between 4-6 hour difference lol

I would not change starting times if you want the same people in as Rinsky. I asked him to changes the time but the US times are set thoroughly so there was no possibility to start an hour earlier.

If it would, then Rinsky would do that also for us European guys.

You could have better answered my question instead of changing the time. Again, do you want EU players in or use the pool from Rinsky players. Clearly you want the latter so you are already one hour earlier so starting 2 hours earlier will be difficult vor Rinskys player pool.

In that case I suggest you do not change your starting time. If you want more EU players - I dont think we know if they want something like this ? - then you need to change it more drastically.

I guess you can wait which people will react here and depending on that make a final decision ?

I think CET is Central European Time which is one hour ahead of BST, or British Standard Time. But it all depends on daylight savings here in US so something between 4-6 hour difference lol

Daylight savings time is a pain in the ass. It's hard enough to keep up with everyone's time zones we don't need one that changes twice a year. But it's getting close to that time where I will be going back an hour.

So my race will start at 6pm but everyone else will stay the same.

That's why I said I would work around @WhiteFlight1 schedule because it's to hard to keep up with mine.

Can I provisionally say I’m going for the Aston Martin Vantage, not 100% sure but fairly certain never really used it in fact I had to buy one!
I've grown to enjoy the Gr.4 version :D I noted it down, let me know whenever you like to change before the race 👍

Back