MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I agree with @Cold Warrior. That track is not conducive to racing. I'll admit. I hate that PD even added it but that's not why I think it should be dropped.
I have no problem with the track itself. I just don't want it as a race for this league without some special rule adjustments.

I like slip stream racing a lot. Plus now I actually reach the Veyron's top speed in GT Sport

@Rinsky I think you will enjoy the new physics model. Based on your comments after the last change. Take it for a spin this weekend. MR doesn’t feel nearly as tail happy to me; not sure about tire wear.

I thought about route X for a second when it showed up and if balanced right it would be a lot of fun if you like draft/slipstream racing.

Unfortunately it will not be added into our regular schedule because it just won't be a fair race under the current BOP Settings. But we might keep this track in mind for a special race or something. I might do a special 1 hour long race here with just the Gr.4 Veyron's so those of who like bump drafting and slipstream racing can have a little fun.

Still 10x better than any Tokyo layout.

Safe to say I’ll be out for March’s race

The new Tokyo layout selected for March is a fast track with lots of room to race. We just did @WhiteFlight1 Gr.3 race here with no problems. I don't understand people's issues with Tokyo because they are great tracks overall and the only difference is Tokyo has walls. I personally like the smaller course but I picked the new larger layout for everyone else.

Anyway we are all going to be racing on tracks that we don't like at some point in this series but that's no reason not to show up and race that month. Actually us slower racers like it when we visit a track that the faster guys struggle with because this gives them a chance to race against people that normally don't struggle.

@Rinsky I think you will enjoy the new physics model. Based on your comments after the last change. Take it for a spin this weekend. MR doesn’t feel nearly as tail happy to me; not sure about tire wear.

Really they changed it again?
I was so busy testing out all the new cars in the update that I didn't drive my Gr.4 car at all since the update.

I thought about route X for a second when it showed up and if balanced right it would be a lot of fun if you like draft/slipstream racing.

Unfortunately it will not be added into our regular schedule because it just won't be a fair race under the current BOP Settings. But we might keep this track in mind for a special race or something. I might do a special 1 hour long race here with just the Gr.4 Veyron's so those of who like bump drafting and slipstream racing can have a little fun.

The new Tokyo layout selected for March is a fast track with lots of room to race. We just did @WhiteFlight1 Gr.3 race here with no problems. I don't understand people's issues with Tokyo because they are great tracks overall and the only difference is Tokyo has walls. I personally like the smaller course but I picked the new larger layout for everyone else.

Anyway we are all going to be racing on tracks that we don't like at some point in this series but that's no reason not to show up and race that month. Actually us slower racers like it when we visit a track that the faster guys struggle with because this gives them a chance to race against people that normally don't struggle.

Really they changed it again?
I was so busy testing out all the new cars in the update that I didn't drive my Gr.4 car at all since the update.

I end every one of these races with a headache and a sore neck for a few days afterwards so if I’m doing that I want it to be worth it for a fun race, not torturing myself racing at Tokyo. (I don’t mind the smallest layouts either, but only with slow cars, Gr.4 are too fast). Also I’d rather be doing something more worthwhile with my time. I’ll also be skipping the last race again since 2.4 hours is too long for me.

It’s also personal since I will never forgive PD for taking Alsace out of the Sport Mode/FIA rotation and keeping all of the Tokyo layouts, so I boycott every event in every mode at Tokyo so one less statistic will pop up on their monitors, and race at Alsace every chance I get.

I’d be down for a one-make race at Stage X, but you pretty much have to have weak boost on there or else if you lose the draft you’re just going to drive around on your own for the rest of the race. I like that track since you can get 2-car tandem drafts put together like the 2011 Daytona 500. I’m also down for a race on dirt or of course on an oval, especially BB.

I haven’t played GTS since the physics update since I’ve only been playing Forza lately, but I’ve read that tire wear is worse across the board, so it seems to be even for all cars. They also didn’t change any of the Gr.4 BOP for some reason, only Gr.3.

Also RE: RSS tires. It’s pretty well known that RSS tires are useless in all situations, since they wear exactly the same as RS but have more grip. So they render RS obsolete. That’s the reason you never see RSS used in anything.

I am looking forward to the Maggiore race though.

It’s also personal since I will never forgive PD for taking Alsace out of the Sport Mode/FIA rotation and keeping all of the Tokyo layouts, so I boycott every event in every mode at Tokyo so one less statistic will pop up on their monitors, and race at Alsace every chance I get.

I’d be down for a one-make race at Stage X, but you pretty much have to have weak boost on there or else if you lose the draft you’re just going to drive around on your own for the rest of the race. I like that track since you can get 2-car tandem drafts put together like the 2011 Daytona 500. I’m also down for a race on dirt or of course on an oval, especially BB.

I haven’t played GTS since the physics update since I’ve only been playing Forza lately, but I’ve read that tire wear is worse across the board, so it seems to be even for all cars. They also didn’t change any of the Gr.4 BOP for some reason, only Gr.3.

Also RE: RSS tires. It’s pretty well known that RSS tires are useless in all situations, since they wear exactly the same as RS but have more grip. So they render RS obsolete. That’s the reason you never see RSS used in anything.

I agree on all points above, I am willing to try any race.
Why did they remove Alsace from the FIA rotation? Was it because everyone was complaining about it? It seems many do not like Alsace, I do not understand what is wrong with it, I dont hear these complaints with Fuji and with the way that GTS is the "Real Unsersteer Simulator" one would think there would be many complaints. Apparently PD is not aware of the fact that cars actually exist where the rear will try to pass the front when turning when not only braking or accelerating but in an actual neutral acceleration state.

I end every one of these races with a headache and a sore neck for a few days afterwards so if I’m doing that I want it to be worth it for a fun race, not torturing myself racing at Tokyo. (I don’t mind the smallest layouts either, but only with slow cars, Gr.4 are too fast). Also I’d rather be doing something more worthwhile with my time. I’ll also be skipping the last race again since 2.4 hours is too long for me.

Fair enough. We will miss your competitiveness in March through.

I going to see if @WhiteFlight1 wants to join lobbies for a special race at Stage X so we can get a full lobby. We might decide to use different cars for this race too but I don't know yet.

It's got 8 miles of straight on both sides, you really wanna race that for 90 minutes?

I would drop the race to an hour or 60 minutes instead of the normal 1.5hr.
At first glance it appears this race would be boring but actually it would be the complete opposite of boring.
It would be 1 hour of intense bumper to bumper racing for the whole event. Normally people are used to putting some distance between themselves and others but that's just not going to happen here very easily. Its going to require 100% focus as you will be in very close quarters to everyone else the whole race.
One little mistake could take out half the field at over 200mph.

Pit strategies will be a huge factor in the outcome of this race because if you lose the draft your in trouble so staying with the pack is vital to keeping the draft.
Again I think most people underestimate just how difficult this race will be.

Not keen on a GR4 race at SSRX but some form of special make okay.

Have to say I feel the same as @bloodyboyblue about Tokyo. No issues with it being a race but I just can’t enjoy them. Its not the walls or anything it’s just I really can’t take them seriously as races. It just has such an arcadey feel to them, personal view I know people enjoy them, Alsace on the other hand is a great track, really nice flow to it and great racing. I don’t really get the big banked corner, given its a road course doesn’t feel natural but I like the corner though. It’s shame we never get to use it, would take Alsace over any Tokyo track any day!

Bring on the feb race though. I’m hoping this new update will put a bigger gap between the compounds. Think it will really help the race.

Doing some manufacturers testing and I found a good 0.5 second after the update in the same car and track combo.

I would drop the race to an hour or 60 minutes instead of the normal 1.5hr.
At first glance it appears this race would be boring but actually it would be the complete opposite of boring.
It would be 1 hour of intense bumper to bumper racing for the whole event. Normally people are used to putting some distance between themselves and others but that's just not going to happen here very easily. Its going to require 100% focus as you will be in very close quarters to everyone else the whole race.
One little mistake could take out half the field at over 200mph.

Pit strategies will be a huge factor in the outcome of this race because if you lose the draft your in trouble so staying with the pack is vital to keeping the draft.
Again I think most people underestimate just how difficult this race will be.

An IROC race!!!!
I think a 1 make would be great but its gotta be a car that will go at least 220-230

An IROC race!!!!
I think a 1 make would be great but its gotta be a car that will go at least 220-230

I think a 16 player lobby at SSRX would be loads of fun, maybe with the Red Bull? It should probably be a one make

Yes without a doubt it should be a one make race. Maybe with the
1. Zonda R 2009 (Gr.X)
2. P1 GTR 2016 (Gr.X)
3. Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)

Like fastone371 said something that can go 220 or 230 mph and hold that speed without bouncing off the revlimiter.

Even though I'm missing this month's race, I am up for practicing and having fun. I will look you up if I see you online Q-Tip :dopey:.
If we get enough people up for practice we could even do some test 30 minute races for ****s and giggles and tyre/fuel stats. 👍:cheers:

Even though I'm missing this month's race, I am up for practicing and having fun. I will look you up if I see you online Q-Tip :dopey:.
If we get enough people up for practice we could even do some test 30 minute races for ****s and giggles and tyre/fuel stats. 👍:cheers:

Anytime I get 3 people in a practice lobby I always set it up for anywhere around a 10 lap race. If I get 4 or more people then we usually do a complete fuel run race (30min).

I have also been known to do the entire 1.5hr in a practice lobby too.

Please post your feedback on the new physics change after your done practicing. Once again I'm reading a lot of negativity with the handling on all Gr.4 cars while Gr.3 is getting positive reviews.

People are saying Gr.4 has even more understeer than it did before the update and that its really noticeable when cornering off throttle.

The first physics change required me to completely change the way I raced and I've never really regained my confidence in the car since. I use to run around a second off the top 10 times before that change but now that time can increase to 3 or 4 seconds. Now with the newest change they made it even worse so I'm being told.

I really want to hear everyone's thoughts on the new changes.

Please post your feedback on the new physics change after your done practicing. Once again I'm reading a lot of negativity with the handling on all Gr.4 cars while Gr.3 is getting positive reviews.

People are saying Gr.4 has even more understeer than it did before the update and that its really noticeable when cornering off throttle.

The first physics change required me to completely change the way I raced and I've never really regained my confidence in the car since. I use to run around a second off the top 10 times before that change but now that time can increase to 3 or 4 seconds. Now with the newest change they made it even worse so I'm being told.

I wouldn’t worry too much Rinsky, the changes are minimal compared to the last change. Best way to describe it is the cars feel like the have more weight, before you could go flying of a curb but now it seems they seem more grounded. It’s a positive change in my view, the time differences in GR4 are minimal in my opinion, cars feel much less snappy I think that’s perhaps where the understeer feeling comes from.

GR3 seems to benefit more than GR4, the changes feel less prominent. I haven’t driven the Cayman yet but general feeling I would say is it would feel more planted. I did a few laps at Catalunya times were similar but difficult to compare pad to wheel for me at least.

I wouldn’t worry too much Rinsky, the changes are minimal compared to the last change. Best way to describe it is the cars feel like the have more weight, before you could go flying of a curb but now it seems they seem more grounded. It’s a positive change in my view, the time differences in GR4 are minimal in my opinion, cars feel much less snappy I think that’s perhaps where the understeer feeling comes from.

GR3 seems to benefit more than GR4, the changes feel less prominent. I haven’t driven the Cayman yet but general feeling I would say is it would feel more planted. I did a few laps at Catalunya times were similar but difficult to compare pad to wheel for me at least.

I can only imagine how the Lexus will feel if everything else feels more weighty

Gosh, I cant imagine the cars pushing anymore than they already do. When you put sports tires on the cars the balance feels pretty normal but as soon as you put a race tire on they just dont want to turn. I suppose it could be the BOP settings since you are not allowed to tune them at all, I'm not sure.

Not yet but it won't be long. I'm buying a whole new setup starting with a 60' 4K TV then the TGT and a seat.
Originally a new TV wasn't in my plans but right before December our big TV stopped working.

Nice! TGT is great you won’t be disappointed, I’m on a 55’ 4K with the rig, and a 60’ 4K with my other PS4 both are really good for GTS.

Also bit more time on it now and I’m loving the new physics everything feel so much more progressive.

My times seem to be improving but that could also be me getting used to the TGT now, either way it feels really good to me. Tyre wear has definitely increased though.

Nice! TGT is great you won’t be disappointed, I’m on a 55’ 4K with the rig, and a 60’ 4K with my other PS4 both are really good for GTS.

Also bit more time on it now and I’m loving the new physics everything feel so much more progressive.

My times seem to be improving but that could also be me getting used to the TGT now, either way it feels really good to me. Tyre wear has definitely increased though.

I've been waiting awhile to get my wheel so I really hope your right and it's worth all the trouble and the wait.

We have a huge Ford Dealership here in Louisville Ky. It was at one time a shopping center/mall that got converted into a Ford Dealership. This place is just enormous and they have all kinds of classic cars on display throughout the Dealership.

I thought it was kinda ironic that we just got the Ferrari Dino in this update and when I went to the Dealership guess what was on display?

20180228_182251.jpg

Latest Posts

Back