Rugby League

• Thread starter Shannon
  • 60 comments
You yanks should check it out. Better than that ****ty grid-iron :P. If you don't know what it is and/or understand it, search for it on MSN or whatever search engine you use.

BTW, I like the Knights :D

After the weekend I'm reluctant to admit it, but I follow the Tigers - I followed Balmain for years (still wear my guernsey from Balmain's last season to the games).

To say they've been frustrating to follow over the last few years would be a masterpiece of understatement. There was a kookaburra sitting on the crossbar at our end in the second half for crying out loud!

Originally posted by M5Power
What In God's Country isa guernsey?

Sheesh - when the pilgrims sailed over, they really took the 'light' version of the dictionary, didn't they? Half the letters and words fell out!

That would be a jumper.

Originally posted by vat_man

Sheesh - when the pilgrims sailed over, they really took the 'light' version of the dictionary, didn't they? Half the letters and words fell out!

That would be a jumper.

Yes - damn the Pilgrims. Now, answer me this:

What In God's Country is a jumper?

Originally posted by slip2rock
I want to know what a kookuburra is...

Some sort of streaker?

Oh, for crying out loud. It's a bird that eats snakes. It's the one that laughs.

kookaburra.jpg

So why the hell do you call it a jumper and not a sweater?

Probably because we're not American. I have no idea of the origin of the term.

Maybe because 'sweat' isn't a particularly pleasant term when used in combination with clothing - after doing 4km of running up steep hills at lunchtime today I can certainly attest to that.

Originally posted by vat_man

Probably because we're not American. I have no idea of the origin of the term.

Maybe because 'sweat' isn't a particularly pleasant term when used in combination with clothing - after doing 4km of running up steep hills at lunchtime today I can certainly attest to that.

You run in sweaters? Do you ever pass out? I think I'm going to need to start posting pictures...

A sweater is an extremely heavy long-sleeved thick shirt.

You run in sweaters? Do you ever pass out? I think I'm going to need to start posting pictures...

Mmm - don't know quite how you came to that conclusion, but no, I don't. I imagine I probably would if I did, though.

A sweater is an extremely heavy long-sleeved thick shirt.

Yep that's about it!

Quite often they're knitted.

And whilst i don't run, i will certainly cycle in a hoodie...

Get's cold here in England!

Originally posted by LEBSTA
He vat_man give him some real aussie treatment

You okay?

vat_man: Okay, okay - I understand now. All cleared up. :D

Now let's address the fact that slip thought a Kookaburra was a Mongoose. :lol:

You okay?

vat_man: Okay, okay - I understand now. All cleared up. :D

Now let's address the fact that slip thought a Kookaburra was a Mongoose. :lol:

Naaahhh, i thought Mongoose's (mongeese ??) ate snakes!

Back