• 36 comments

MUSC4EVER

The story continues....
Premium
Wales
wrexham
jameskent86451
Jamobomb86
The Rugby World Cup is upon us starting in just two days. Tournament seems wide open this year with a few teams claiming number one the World rankings in the last few weeks. New Zealand, Ireland and Wales were all at the top.

Japan are the hosts for the first time this time around, New Zealand are the reigning champions and won it a record three times.

Here are the four pools.

Pool A
Ireland
Scotland
Japan
Russia
Samoa

Pool B
New Zealand
South Africa
Italy
Namibia
Canada

Pool C
England
France
Argentina
USA
Tonga

Pool D
Australia
Wales
Georgia
Fiji
Uruguay

Here is the schedule for the first week of pool matches. All kick-off times are GMT.

Friday
Japan v Russia (11.45am)

Saturday
Australia v Fiji (5.45am)
France v Argentina (8.15am)
New Zealand v South Africa (10.45am)

Sunday
Italy v Namibia (6.15am)
Ireland v Scotland (8.45am)
England v Tonga (11.15am)

Monday
Wales v Georgia (11.15am)

Tuesday
Russia v Samoa (11.15am)

Wednesday
Fiji v Uruguay (6.15am)

Thursday
Italy v Canada (8.45am)
England v USA (11.45am)

Ill post the next round of games next Friday, as mentioned above all kick-off times are GMT, please check your local listings if you don't live in that time-zone.

Japan beat Russia 30-10 after going behind in the opening match.

Wow! Japan knocked off Russia? I know Japan is pretty good in rugby. Then again, I don't know much about Russian Rugby.

In our Pool (Pool C), the USA is in a pretty tough pool. I am usually impartial to South Pacific and Tri-Nations (or what I remember as Tri-Nations) teams. So therefore, a team I would NOT want to face is Tonga. It's probably a good thing the USA won't have to face New Zealand in a pool. New Zealand would destroy the USA team. England and France are no joke either in Pool C.

I have no early picks to determine who all will get out of pool play and who all will be in the later stages. I do have the usual suspects playing well- Ireland, Samoa, New Zealand, South Africa, Italy, England, France, Australia, Wales, and Fiji. Should be a great tournament nonetheless.

Australia 39-21 Fiji
France 23-21 Argentina
New Zealand 23-13 South Africa

Australia were behind at half time but roared back in a great game, a very late drop goal won the game for France and New Zealand comfortable winners in their game.

Here is the result from the last few days

Sunday
Italy 47-22 Namibia
Ireland 27-3 Scotland
England 35-3 Tonga

Monday
Wales 45-14 Georgia

Tuesday
Russia 9-34 Samoa

Thursday
Fiji 27-30 Uruguay

Today
Italy 48-7 Canada
England 45-7 USA

----------------------------------------------

And here are the games for the next few days.

Saturday
Argentina v Tonga (5.45)
Japan v Ireland (8.15)
South Africa v Namibia (10.45)

Sunday
Georgia v Uruguay (6.15)
Australia v Wales (8.45)

Monday
Scotland v Samoa (11.15)

Wednesday
France v USA (8.45)
New Zealand v Canada (11.15)

Thursday
Georgia v Fiji (6.15)
Ireland v Russia (11.15)

All kick-off times are GMT and AM.

Later tonight, NBCSN will replay the game between the USA and England. I surely want to see the USA do well in this Tournament. There's just too much talent, though, that is much better than the USA. But... we'll see what happens.

Of the upcoming games, I kind of like the Japan vs. Ireland match. Australia vs. Wales looks good also.

What a performance by Japan. Outstanding in defence and clever in attack. Fully deserved win and Ireland just didn't have any answer to their speed, precision and discipline in defence. Performance of the tournament so far. Always great for a tournament when the hosts play well.

Australia 25-29 Wales, what a game of Rugby and what a win for Wales! Wales were 8-23 up at half time after a brilliant first half but Australia came back in the second half to make it a nervy last twenty minutes but a late Rhys Patchell penalty sealed the win.

Here are this week's results.

Saturday
Argentina 28-12 Tonga
Japan 19-12 Ireland
South Africa 57-3 Namibia

Sunday
Georgia 33-7 Uruguay
Australia 25-29 Wales

Monday
Scotland 34-0 Samoa

Wednesday
France 33-9 USA
New Zealand 63-0 Canada

Thursday
Georgia 10-45 Fiji
Ireland 35-0 Russia

Today
South Africa 49-3 Italy

---------------------------------------------------
And here is this weeks games.

Saturday
Australia v Uruguay (6.15)
England v Argentina (9am)
Japan v Samoa (11.15)

Sunday
New Zealand v Namibia (5.45)
France v Tonga (8.45)

Tuesday
South Africa v Canada (11.15)

Wednesday
Argentina v USA (5.45)
Scotland v Russia (8.15)
Wales v Fiji (10.45)

Friday
Australia v Georgia (11.15)

Saturday
New Zealand v Italy (5.45)
England v France (9.15)
Ireland v Samoa (11.45)

All kick off times are AM and GMT.

England v France and New Zealand v Italy are both cancelled because of the Typhoon, the two matches will be 0-0 and all four teams will get two points each, doesn't really matter for England or France as they were both through anyway, Italy had a very slim chance of going through.

There is also a chance that Japan v Scotland on Saturday will be cancelled, and that is a massive game as whoever wins that will be through to the quarter finals.

Mother Nature HAD to intervene with this one, huh? I hope everyone will be okay in Japan.

There will be a stadium inspection on the venue which is scheduled to host the Japan-Scotland game on Sunday at 10pm UK time tonight with the final decision on whether the game will go ahead at midnight.

The organisers need to do everything they can to give this game the go ahead as Scotland are already seeking legal advice, Japan are three points ahead in the group of Scotland and Scotland need a bonus point win to go through.

Frankly, I think the Scottish team need to think very carefully about taking legal action if their game is cancelled, depending on what happens in Japan today...

Hagibis is an unprecedented typhoon that is dropping staggering amounts of rain, breaking records all over Japan... not just a bit, but massively. People are dying. There are landslide warnings across the country, homes, roads and bridges are being destroyed. In Hakone, almost 1 meter of rain has fallen in 24 hours - almost three times the monthly average in one day.

Tokyo, the most populous city on the planet, is receiving a direct hit. Fukushima may also get a direct hit, and up to 11m storm surges which could overwhelm the site of the nuclear disaster in 2011, where there is currently a million tonnes of radioactive water being stored. Millions of people are being evacuated from their homes.

And yet Scotland are threatening to sue over a game of rugby?! Brian O’Driscoll said “This is bigger than rugby”... well 🤬 duh.

This weeks results

Saturday
Argentina 45-10 Uruguay
England 39-10 Argentina
Japan 38-19 Samoa

Sunday
New Zealand 71-9 Namibia
France 23-21 Tonga

Tuesday
South Africa 66-7 Canada

Wednesday
Argentina 47-17 USA
Scotland 61-0 Russia
Wales 29-17 Fiji

Friday
Australia 27-9 Georgia

Today
New Zealand 0-0 Italy
England 0-0 France
Ireland 47-5 Samoa

---------------------------------------------
Tomorrows games

Sunday
Namibia v Canada (4.15)
USA v Tonga (6.45)
Wales v Uruguay (9.15)
Japan v Scotland (11.45, subject to cancellation)

Only four (or maybe just three) games this week as the group stages ends, the quarter finals begin next Saturday.

Super typhoon Hagibis has made landfall in Japan, no updates from the World Cup organisers regarding the Japan-Scotland game yet.

Ireland just beat Samoa and looked impressive, they had a player sent off but four of their tries came when they were down to 14 men.

Canada v Namibia is off, they have taken the decision to cancel it around five hours before it was due to kick off.

No word on the Japan v Scotland game yet, both Wales v Uruguay and USA v Tonga are going ahead as planned.

Japan v Scotland will go ahead as planned

And what a game it was! Japan won 28-21 and it was a fantastic game of Rugby, Scotland scored first but it was pretty much all Japan after that and once they got the fourth try and the bonus point that comes with it it was all over, Scotland needed three tries and to win by seven points at that stage and they managed to get one try back but it stayed at 28-21 for the last twenty minutes, Japan are a great team and deserved to go through, Great atmosphere in Yokohama.

Wales beat Uruguay 33-13 and Tonga beat USA 31-19.

Yep, very daft of the Scottish camp to have acted in the way they did considering the seriousness of the situation. Incredible effort by the organisers to ensure the game went ahead and I think this charge is deserved. Scotland did themselves no favours on or off the pitch.

I always root for the home nations, but the score was highly amusing... all the fuss they kicked up only to be smashed by Japan!

Here is the quarter final line up for this weekend.

Saturday
England v Australia (8.15)
New Zealand v Ireland (11.15)

Sunday
Wales v France (8.15)
Japan v South Africa (11.15)

All kick off times are GMT and AM.

Here is the quarter final line up for this weekend.

Saturday
England v Australia (8.15)
New Zealand v Ireland (11.15)

Sunday
Wales v France (8.15)
Japan v South Africa (11.15)

All kick off times are GMT and AM.

Same that Ireland were totally trounced. I was hoping for a real battle.

Saturday
England 40-16 Australia
New Zealand 46-14 Ireland

Today
Wales 20-19 France
Japan 3-26 South Africa

Dominant performances from England and New Zealand yesterday, Wales were below par but just sneaked past a 14-man France, great second half performance puts South Africa through and ends Japan's great run.

I saw bits and pieces of England vs. Australia yesterday, and mostly the first half. I know England is good, but I am usually impartial to Australia. The Wallabies, though, couldn't sink the boys from England.

Here are the semi final matches.

Saturday
England v New Zealand (9am)

Sunday
Wales v South Africa (9am)

Both kick off times are GMT.

The third place match and final are next weekend.

Phenomenal performance by England this morning. They never let the All Blacks into the game. Scoreline didn't do the performance justice.

Brilliant England performance, best I have seen them play in a long time.

Hopeful for Wales tomorrow but if we play anything like we did against France than we will get hammered!

Back