Rumble is back... next year

• Thread starter icelt
  • 9 comments
icelt
II icelt II
img_2290.jpg

I'm sure not everyone is gonna be excited about it, but I sure as heck am. Here's hoping it will help with fine tuning my offline setups. đź‘Ť

The fact that it's so normal is exactly why it was so worrying when we thought we wouldn't have it, and now we will.

Am I noticing something, They didn't have Gran Turismo 5 support Rumble? Or maybe there developing a special controller for GT5 or maybe just that the game isn't completed yet......

Welp personally I'm hoping that the rumble implementation will be of equal quality to the GT series, because in GT there were times that I could definitely feel when something in my settings was amiss. Specifically I distinctly remember times when I had the suspension setup too low and got rumble feedback from the car bottoming out. So my hope once again is that rumble will help me figure out what I've got wrong for some of the tight downhill hairpins (namely Sepang, Monte Carlo & Istanbul) that I keep spinning out on if I don't take a wide line. Incidentally, when playing online I never seem to have any problems with these corners so I feel confident I can tune out my oversteering monsters and that there is a good chance rumble can help. So that's my story...

Rumble = :indiff: for me, and of course anyone using a wheel, rumble is rather meaningless.
It's a little thing, but I'd miss it. It's one of several reasons I've postponed buying a PS3.

I definitely like the feel of a rumble controller; it helped me in GT3 when I didn't have a wheel, and it helps in TT. Any additional dimension of feedback you can get helps.

Back