*Rumor* Gran Turismo 7 Prologue headed to PS4?

• Thread starter Zuku
  • 696 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read Infamous Review for ps4, now if GT7 can have that kind of lighting i think we are in for a treat at nurburgring. But most promissing will be nightracing and streetracing, here i can see the ps4 do marvel for the game. Free roam driving would be nice.

inFAMOUS-Second-Son-Seattle.jpg

Well I don't know about that. I mean, of course they couldn't update it but it had its fair share of issues, not many but still present. Such as not being able to complete the game (100%) due to a glitch. (NTSC only?) Replays had all sorts of problems too. Minor but the point still stands. Wish it could've been updated though.
Well yes, any game could have done with bug fixes back then but I meant it didn't need an update to be feature complete and include everything promoted as being in the final game. GT5/6 needed finishing, GT5P was purposefully not a feature complete game.

I can already see the disappointment washing over your face.
I can see photomode being about on par with pCars(is that real lyfe grafix?) but if that's what they chase for during gameplay, I can already see the choppy frame rate.
Next-gen is better than past-gen...

Well yes, any game could have done with bug fixes back then but I meant it didn't need an update to be feature complete and include everything promoted as being in the final game. GT5/6 needed finishing,

Ah, I see now. Seems I misunderstood.

GT5P was purposefully not a feature complete game.

And yet probably the most well put together of the PS3 games. Strange how that works.

65" for 800 is cheap and if there is for that price than why bother with 55-60" at all no matter resolution.
Pricedifferance this year is 300$ between 4k and no 4k on top models. They will soon start introducing
but i have the prices already.
Next year is 4k down to cheaper models if you even have a choice. Of course entry models will be 1080p will be so on smaller sets too.
300$ price difference at the top?
Whatever you're smoking is past expiration date

300$ price difference at the top?
Whatever you're smoking is past expiration date
True, the cheapest 4K I can find even online is a 55" for $2400, you can get 55" 1080p for $500 anywhere in town and not have to pay shipping. At the top, nobody is saying what the two 4K 101" curved screens are going for, I guess if you have to ask, you can't afford them :) I also hear somebody has a 4K 85" OLED display in prototype, better be ready to mortgage the house for that one!

He must be smoking something. People in 2014 still have the choice of 720p HD Ready sets or 1080p Full HD sets. Yet he thinks by next year 4k will be on every set bought whether people want it or not.

No chance. PS4 is not that powerful.

Whoa there, Simon - I just popped into the thread and thought I was already seeing reasons why the PS4 GT game couldn't fulfill Kaz' vision... ;)

He must be smoking something. People in 2014 still have the choice of 720p HD Ready sets or 1080p Full HD sets. Yet he thinks by next year 4k will be on every set bought whether people want it or not.
You can still buy horses.
But most people seem to drive cars.

Whoa there, Simon - I just popped into the thread and thought I was already seeing reasons why the PS4 GT game couldn't fulfill Kaz' vision... ;)

Ah, the almighty vision. Almost as mysterious as the man himself.

You can still buy horses.
But most people seem to drive cars.

Hardly a fair comparison. Besides, horses were around for many years after the first motor cars started becoming common which actually goes against the point I think you were trying to make. People still bought horses (1080p TV) because they did exactly what they needed and cost a lot less than automobiles (4k TVs). They didn't go out a year after the invention of the motor car and have to buy one to get around whether they liked it or not as horses had been phased out.

True, the cheapest 4K I can find even online is a 55" for $2400, you can get 55" 1080p for $500 anywhere in town and not have to pay shipping. At the top, nobody is saying what the two 4K 101" curved screens are going for, I guess if you have to ask, you can't afford them :) I also hear somebody has a 4K 85" OLED display in prototype, better be ready to mortgage the house for that one!
I see 55" 4k for under 1000 but these are in house or no name branded TVs.

55" 1080p for $500? Lol no.

You talk as if this is a good thing. Do you really want another era of "The Playstation 3 4 hardware is just not powerful enough for what we're trying to achieve"?
Yes it is a good thing. PS4 won't be powerful enough for what they want to achieve long term vision wise but it will be powerful enough to make a huge upgrade for the GT series in all departments.
No, they won't. 3D became popular again because lots of content was being made, films were shown in 3D at the cinema and released on Blu-Ray in 3D. Games were in 3D. There are even some TV stations broadcasting events in 3D. 4k content is still extremely limited and will be by next year.
So why do you think 4K won't make same step as 3D did? Seems in a year or so there will be a lot more 4K content.
PD cares about resolution, but they also care about graphics. To achieve 4k, it would have to be worst looking than GT5, and I doubt they would go that option.
It would be able to look much better than GT5 while running at 4K I imagine.
4k broadcasts...woohooo!!!!
You're telling me that they'll jump straight from 720p/1080i to 4k? US isps can't even deliver 1080p consistently or even at all.
I see jump being short term to 4K for a few channels before jump to 8K for similar small selection of channels.
I don't know what things are like in Sweden but in the rest of the world 4k TVs are not going to be priced to suit the masses as soon as next year and they certainly aren't all going to fill their houses with 65" TVs. Most people don't even have the room. A 55" UHDTV in the UK right now retails for about £2,500. The average consumer will spend £300 - £600 on a TV and there is no way 4K TVs are going to be that price next year.
The cheapest 4K TV I've seen in UK was at Argos for 39" for £499.99 . That is still expensive I think and I imagine 4K TVs will come down in price quite quickly as it is still quite low resolution for size of screen. I don't see why they won't go down to 1080p TV prices relatively quickly. Once HDMI 2.0 features more on these kind of TVs relatively soon and 4K panels are produced in larger quantities then I imagine cost will come down very quickly.
2jg9zlw.jpg

Crysis 2 from 2011. A game 3 years old and I don't think they've done a bad job of photo-realistic rendering of light and environments.
Granted that is on a top-spec PC that not even a PS5 would be close to when they make that because no one will spend £3,000 on a games console. But we have the ability and the technology to make super high definition environments in games right now but the amount of people who can actually afford the systems to enjoy this level of rendering is about 2% of all gamers so it's not going to be done as a standard until this level of technology is at an affordable level.

Sorry for the off topic response as it's not a GT related post but is relevant to the discussion of graphics and things. :D
PS4 should be able to do better than that.
I can already see the disappointment washing over your face.
I can see photomode being about on par with pCars(is that real lyfe grafix?) but if that's what they chase for during gameplay, I can already see the choppy frame rate.
I think you will be surprised how good GT will look then.
Low as $799 for 55" 4K

Last edited:
I'd be fine with GT7 Prologue. So long as they focus on 6 for now...I just hope this doesn't divert their attention and then 6 suffers, leaving an even more bad taste in the fan's mouths.

Yeah I agree, I think the focus on GT7 (Prologue or otherwise) is part of the reason progress for GT6 has been slow. But at least for me, I'll be ok as long as we have all or at least most of the incoming features by the end of the year.

Here's another thing to think about. The Xbox One runs Forza 5 at 1080p/ 60 fps with little to no trouble. So it should be pretty easy for the PS4 to run GT7 at full hd with no slowdowns or screen tearing. They could probably even run a better AA to all but remove any jagged edges (FM5 has some pretty rough lines at times)

The next GT should be a really, really good looking game.

Here's another thing to think about. The Xbox One runs Forza 5 at 1080p/ 60 fps with little to no trouble. So it should be pretty easy for the PS4 to run GT7 at full hd with no slowdowns or screen tearing. They could probably even run a better AA to all but remove any jagged edges (FM5 has some pretty rough lines at times)

The next GT should be a really, really good looking game.
I'd say graphics are the least of their concerns at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back