*Rumor* Gran Turismo 7 Prologue headed to PS4?

• Thread starter Zuku
  • 696 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways...I'd be ok with a GT7 P. 150-200 cars and 15 or so tracks for $40? All in glorious PS4 beauty? I'm game.
That's a little big for a mini-game... kind of like a sub-game.

I would imagine we'll get something like GT5P, which at launch had 35 cars and 5 tracks with a variation, and then was updated to a Spec 2 with 70 some odd cars and 6 tracks. So at the outside, I wouldn't expect GT7P to have more than 75 cars and 9 tracks. But I expect most of us here would buy it. :D

That's a little big for a mini-game... kind of like a sub-game.

I would imagine we'll get something like GT5P, which at launch had 35 cars and 5 tracks with a variation, and then was updated to a Spec 2 with 70 some odd cars and 6 tracks. So at the outside, I wouldn't expect GT7P to have more than 75 cars and 9 tracks. But I expect most of us here would buy it. :D

Yeah that would be ok. I actually never played GT5P so I didn't know how much stuff was in it. I would just want at least half of the cars to be new.

He must be smoking something. People in 2014 still have the choice of 720p HD Ready sets or 1080p Full HD sets. Yet he thinks by next year 4k will be on every set bought whether people want it or not.
Oh man, you really dont get it
and must be my fault in way i write. But no i dont think 32"-46" will get 4k, (edit at first primary is 50+). But 50"+
And there (please im still saying next year not this years models) will be more 4k than not. And yes there will be 1080p as cheap models. But 4k wont be so expensive either. And yes prices will drop since i know all the models being released here in Sweden and prices. Prices are manufactorers recommended so
after release take of 10% if competition is good like it is in sweden between stores and internet dealers.
This is still top models tv not the cheapest models. But if you take a 4k for 3000$ the same one non 4k is 2700$ (sounds alot perhaps in usa) but this is cheap here as starting price. Cheapest 55" from this years models will be set at 1400$ a stripped down model.
Last year top models started at 3500-4000$
And after IFA prices go down alot.
That is just known brands. Others will have cheaper, 4k 55" for 1500$
is no problem after summer that i know but not Samsung/Sony...
oh and retailers want around 30% profit so prices will drop if there is competition.

Last edited:
There is so much things to be done before 4k. GT6 doesn't have constant framerate, it has blurry dials in cockpits, it has very few color shades (sky posterization, ugly shade parts), track surroundings with lack of detail and bad textures, just green texture instead of grass meadows, textured objects instead of geometry, the world is almost static around it, cars don't get dirty or wet, wet track doesn't have reflections, not talking about those old tracks like Deep forest that looks like toy versions of track - and those are things really visible even at 720p.

Last edited:
There is so much things to be done before 4k. GT6 doesn't have constant framerate, it has blurry dials in cockpits, it has very few color shades (sky posterization, ugly shade parts), track surroundings with lack of detail and bad textures, just green texture instead of grass meadows, textured objects instead of geometry, the world is almost static around it, cars don't get dirty or wet, wet track doesn't have reflections, not talking about those old tracks like Deep forest that looks like toy versions of track - and those are things really visible even at 720p.
Everything you said I agree with except when you said the cars don't get dirty. They actually do get dirty during a race. If you have ever tried the Nurburgring 24 minute race your car usually gets very dirty. I know for sure that it is not damage but dirt on the car.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that the PS4's specifications and capabilities are far less than the current top line gaming PC. Yes it's a vast improvement on the PS3, but, the PS4 is still only as powerful as a current mid-range PC and there still has to be cuts in processing, rendering, graphical processing and everything else hence why PC's have "Low, Medium, High, Ultra" settings for the varying systems.
It's all well and good making a game look great (Last Remnant for example) but if it won't run properly and smoothly then it's a terrible game. The Last Remnant was a Square Enix game released years ago made to mid level PC specs of the generation but for the PS3. It looked very nice in simple exploration and the environments looked stunning but in battles you were lucky to be getting 15 - 20 fps because of all the rendering going on. The system simply couldn't cope and the game suffered massively. So, making a game with graphics equal to the current PC game specifications is ludicrous because the PS4 simply couldn't handle it and the games would massively suffer.

It would be nice to have top end PC graphics on a console but as I said before, unless we are prepared to spend at least £2,000 (do the exchange rate for yourselves) to get a next-gen PlayStation then we aren't going to have equal graphical abilities.
Another reason why PC's can cope with better graphics, anti-alias and all the other perks is because they have 10, 15 or 20gb installs and run solely off the system. Doing that for a games console isn't really possible and defeats the nature of the console itself. We will simply have to do with what he have for now and looking at it GT6 is already top of it's game graphically, compare it to NFS Shift, GRID 2 and what ever else is around for PS3 and it even keeps up with Forza 5 in many areas so I would have thought GT7 would be right up there too with the other games of its console.

The main thing Polyphony Digital need to work on in my eyes is making the game the same level throughout, no standard cars, restricted track numbers to allow for a minimum of weather on every track, wet weather aesthetics (puddles), no random jumps in AI difficulty mid race and working on the current systems they have in place. GT6, although rough around the edges, is a good benchmark to build a better game on and I, in my own mind, am sure that is why GT6 exists. It's for us to try out the next gen racing experience on the current generation. I am not saying GT6 is a prologue for GT7, simply that the features that will be in GT7 have been given to us now at the cost of frame rates, graphics and what ever else just so we can try it out now and for them to improve it with our feedback.

And that concludes my ramblings, some on topic, most off topic. :D

*snip*

And that concludes my ramblings, some on topic, most off topic. :D

No actually, your post is one of very few that are still on topic. This thread is about GT7 after all.

As far as graphics go I explain in an earlier post that I think that given that the Xbox One can run FM5 at a locked 1080p/60fps I think GT7 on the PS4 should have to issue looking better than that all while having no dips in performance.

As far as graphics go I explain in an earlier post that I think that given that the Xbox One can run FM5 at a locked 1080p/60fps I think GT7 on the PS4 should have to issue looking better than that all while having no dips in performance.

Yeah I completely agree, but I feel that for it's first outing on the next gen we can compensate a little for a constant level of graphics throughout. I'm sure that if GT locked the game at 1080p/60fps we wouldn't complain at all. Well, some would, but it'd be a more than acceptable game to play and they can work on adding more FPS and extra things in later games. You have only got to look back to the massive difference between GT3 and GT4 and we were all happy with how GT3 looked at played as it's first outing for PS2 but GT4 completely blew it out of the water. I think a similar scenario this time around is the way to go in all honesty.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the full HD with perfect rendering but as a start it's not a must for me and when it's linked to it's competitors it's not falling behind at all and will still outshine many. Although, I think PD should work on 1440p/120hz for GT8 and see how they can deal with that demand on hardware after they fully understand the PS4.

Yeah I completely agree, but I feel that for it's first outing on the next gen we can compensate a little for a constant level of graphics throughout. I'm sure that if GT locked the game at 1080p/60fps we wouldn't complain at all. Well, some would, but it'd be a more than acceptable game to play and they can work on adding more FPS and extra things in later games. You have only got to look back to the massive difference between GT3 and GT4 and we were all happy with how GT3 looked at played as it's first outing for PS2 but GT4 completely blew it out of the water. I think a similar scenario this time around is the way to go in all honesty.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the full HD with perfect rendering but as a start it's not a must for me and when it's linked to it's competitors it's not falling behind at all and will still outshine many. Although, I think PD should work on 1440p/120hz for GT8 and see how they can deal with that demand on hardware after they fully understand the PS4.

I agree with Samus in saying that it would really a waste to go any higher than 1080P/60fps. I'd rather a locked, stable 1080p/60fps with higher detail and fidelity than something higher with bigger compromises.

Do they need to render the game with 120fps, if they want to showcase VR with it and use 60fps in VR environment?

Last edited:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ue65hu8500_TV_review

Here is first uhd top of the line
samsung curved tv review.
Price starts 1000£ below last years
65" 9005 model.
Then the price will go down after IFA and depending on retailers competition, this is more Samsungs recommended price and tjey are almost always the most expensive. Other models will follow
55" will be alot cheaper of course.
Next year...well start saving.
Long article....

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ue65hu8500_TV_review

Here is first uhd top of the line
samsung curved tv review.
Price starts 1000£ below last years
65" 9005 model.
Then the price will go down after IFA and depending on retailers competition, this is more Samsungs recommended price and tjey are almost always the most expensive. Other models will follow
55" will be alot cheaper of course.
Next year...well start saving.
Long article....
That TV is £4000, way out of the reach of an average consumer.

It's still four freaking grand. Even if the price is half that next year it's too much for most people.

It's still four freaking grand. Even if the price is half that next year it's too much for most people.
its 65",
55" will be cheaper and there will be others.
Philips top model 55" will land around 2100£ as start recommended price.
But it will go down to 1700£
and even lower later on.
Still remember top models!
1300-1500£ is what people think a 55" should cost to get good quality. Also most people buy it to last some years. If they can afford cars that loose more in value per year than that then you see the perspective. A 55" tv will cost that
but you will get more features each year. Like Iphone, Galaxy s4-5
Same price but better specs.

I work with this in a worldwide company...remember 2 years ago what a 55" was as cheapest?
Or what a 32" was 5-6 years ago?

£1700 is still way, way more than most people spend on a TV. Especially when there is nothing wrong with their current, 55" 1080p TV. How do you sell 4k to someone that already has a 1080p set? That there will be content you can watch on it soon, that your standard definition broadcasts will look awful?

£1700 is still way, way more than most people spend on a TV. Especially when there is nothing wrong with their current, 55" 1080p TV. How do you sell 4k to someone that already has a 1080p set? That there will be content you can watch on it soon, that your standard definition broadcasts will look awful?
How do you sell iphones, computers, cars ... all have already
well welcome to
consumption electronics and second hand market. People sell old stuff (one - 2 year old) buy new. Also same for beds, kitchens...there is faster turnaround today, people dont stick to same stuff for decades.
And there is yoing people
moving out, people buys houses .... tv market is now stable. But when fotball World championship starts soon many will start changing. And they will put their 40" as second tv and upgrade to 55"+. Why? They will pay same as that time a 40" costed and get a good 55"

This
may be something you think is strange but there is a big market for tv each year and the prices people pay is now stable.

Yeah, whatever you say. I'm done with this discussion.
Me too, money is personal.
but to the start, i still want GT7 to
use 4k in some manner. Not gamemode but some other features. Ps4 is 4k ready so time to start showing.
PD likes to show they are at the front so VR and 4K will be nice marketing

Who would complain at 1080p/60? Despite what someone likes to think most people only have a 1080 display at best, aiming for anything higher would be a waste of resources satisfying a tiny minority.

Is it just me or have you not been around the GT6 section lately? If it is then good to have you back 👍

Is it just me or have you not been around the GT6 section lately? If it is then good to have you back 👍

I haven't been here since I think October or November last year. Starting posting again a couple of days ago.

Funny, I thought this was about GT7, not advertising 4k.

Anyway, on topic: As much as I don't like having another prologue (which is ironic considering I'm the same person that complained vehemently for GT5 prologue to come to the US years ago), It would ease the wait to GT7. I'm just still hoping 2015 is when this comes, not 2014 as there is still some glaring issues that need to be addressed on GT6.

Funny, I thought this was about GT7, not advertising 4k.

Anyway, on topic: As much as I don't like having another prologue (which is ironic considering I'm the same person that complained vehemently for GT5 prologue to come to the US years ago), It would ease the wait to GT7. I'm just still hoping 2015 is when this comes, not 2014 as there is still some glaring issues that need to be addressed on GT6.
Exactly, what would really ease the wait would be a finished version of GT6 👍

As others above have said, GT6 makes a much better Prologue for GT7 than a GT7 Prologue would. As much as I'd love to see a GT5P style mini-game, it would be quite "mini." GT5P only had six courses with variations, and an online system that was pretty skimpy on features. It was the biggest Prologue ever made by PD, but it could only thrill for so long, and then the half life of meh-ness would begin kicking in, and gamers would begin to lose interest.

GT6 can be a massive game, if PD would just implement two things:
  • Course Maker II
  • Event Maker
With these, GT6 would be as big as we want, assuming these two are as comprehensive as Kaz drops clues about. Online should get enhanced greatly too in order for the Event Maker to really take off, but supposedly this is in the works. If they included Race Mod and a Livery Editor, it would take GT6 way over the top. Those online clubs and leagues would begin populating like crazy, especially if a good leaderboard system was in place, not to mention a solid sharing system.

Now, the question is, is this what SONY Corp wants? Because they're the decider guys. They tell SONY Computer Entertainment what they want, and SCE tells everyone down the food chain what the deal is. They all have the numbers to mull this over. If GT6 is languishing, and being a last gen game in a next gen world, it could be, SONY might decide their new pet PS4 is in serious need of a Prologue, which is beginning to sound likely.

I'm really torn on this. Prologue would be shiny, awesomely new, but small. GT6 can be freaking huge, but it needs sales numbers and engaged players or supporting it may look like a waste of resources. And it is bumping up against the PS3 performance ceiling. In particular, the shadows are often just awful.

All I know is, someone won't be happy.

As others above have said, GT6 makes a much better Prologue for GT7 than a GT7 Prologue would. As much as I'd love to see a GT5P style mini-game, it would be quite "mini." GT5P only had six courses with variations, and an online system that was pretty skimpy on features. It was the biggest Prologue ever made by PD, but it could only thrill for so long, and then the half life of meh-ness would begin kicking in, and gamers would begin to lose interest.

GT6 can be a massive game, if PD would just implement two things:
  • Course Maker II
  • Event Maker
With these, GT6 would be as big as we want, assuming these two are as comprehensive as Kaz drops clues about. Online should get enhanced greatly too in order for the Event Maker to really take off, but supposedly this is in the works. If they included Race Mod and a Livery Editor, it would take GT6 way over the top. Those online clubs and leagues would begin populating like crazy, especially if a good leaderboard system was in place, not to mention a solid sharing system.

Now, the question is, is this what SONY Corp wants? Because they're the decider guys. They tell SONY Computer Entertainment what they want, and SCE tells everyone down the food chain what the deal is. They all have the numbers to mull this over. If GT6 is languishing, and being a last gen game in a next gen world, it could be, SONY might decide their new pet PS4 is in serious need of a Prologue, which is beginning to sound likely.

I'm really torn on this. Prologue would be shiny, awesomely new, but small. GT6 can be freaking huge, but it needs sales numbers and engaged players or supporting it may look like a waste of resources. And it is bumping up against the PS3 performance ceiling. In particular, the shadows are often just awful.

All I know is, someone won't be happy.
Yes, that could be a good way.
But (perhaps where pd went wrong thread) in todays connected world there is no excuse not to make it work online as players want it.
And especially since AI sucks.
If GT7 prolouge is coming they better make it work really good online. I expect huge improvement especially with PS4 capability.
Online features can be added but at least the promissed gt6 features must be in place from start in gt7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back