Rumors once, now confirmed (possible spoiler for next update)

Looking at PD past, they will probably dump quantity over quality, in previous titles such as GT3 it had a wet version SR5 with just two cars, in GT4 there was a arcade race to showcase convertible cars which only two cars. In the current game they might go with a rain version of some of the tracks with fewer cars just to showcase with what might be, but I think there focus is PS5 & the next version of GT.
Funny thing in the previous titles is that there are two versions of the some tracks. For example, the Nurburgring in GT5 has two versions; one in which you couldn't adjust anything while the other allows you to change either the time or weather. In GT Sport, it might be the same if tracks will have dynamic time and weather.

Wasn't the WEC race held on the GP, or 'normal' configuration of Nurburgring?
The F1 track but with the GT chicane. I've not seen a race from any series outside of F1 or DTM that uses the F chicane though. Maybe someone else has?

I'm so conflicted; I agree with points from many sides :lol:

I feel bad that the leak happened and am disappointed in the person who was entrusted with keeping it a secret. As was mentioned in this thread, they were basically spoiled by PD and this is how they show their gratitude?

But the leak has happened; it's out in the open, and nothing can be done about it now. The only consequence of this is that we are hyped ealier than what was intended and the surprise announcement won't hit its mark with the people who know. PD aren't strangers to leaks anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if every leak that has happened so far have been calculated PR moves to keep people interested in the now almost 2 year old game.

I agree with that Twitter reply saying they should enforce that confidentiality agreement for next time. That is, if they share anything with their players anymore after this.

Well you people are just wrong.

This is my fav too 👍

The F1 track but with the GT chicane. I've not seen a race from any series outside of F1 or DTM that uses the F chicane though. Maybe someone else has?

The WEC used the GT chicane for the first year they raced at the Nürburgring, they then switched to the tighter version of the chicane for subsequent races due to concerns about pit entry.

I would be happy to be wrong but I don't think PS4 can handle rain on top of GT Sport. The aggressive use of LOD and FPS drops under load don't leave much hope.

I saw on Twitter about a MINI part of the next update. There is a livery and competition being added. I wonder if the actual MINI Challenge car will arrive.

See here.

Great catch! @Scuderia Paul :cheers:
Plus Wooburn Green is just round the corner from where I used to work...! I think I know where Evolution is based :eek:.

The article refers to the livery being added and 11 rounds of the Mini Challenge. I have a suspicion that this might not be 11 new rounds but an extension of the existing Mini event from its current set of races to 11. But we'll find out soon.

If anyone has doubts about this not being official, the 3 images in the article are evidence enough for me. The third one is clearly showing their Evolution Mini at Dragon Trail Seaside.

If they are going to add another Mini, is there any race at Nurburgring event which might include this that we know of?

Last edited:
They (wec) used the f1 layout in 2016, 2014 and 2015 they used the gt layout with the faster chicane.

I saw on Twitter about a MINI part of the next update. There is a livery and competition being added. I wonder if the actual MINI Challenge car will arrive.

See here.
Great catch! @Scuderia Paul :cheers:
Plus Wooburn Green is just round the corner from where I used to work...! I think I know where Evolution is based :eek:.

The article refers to the livery being added and 11 rounds of the Mini Challenge. I have a suspicion that this might not be 11 new rounds but an extension of the existing Mini event from its current set of races to 11. But we'll find out soon.

If anyone has doubts about this not being official, the 3 images in the article are evidence enough for me. The third one is clearly showing their Evolution Mini at Dragon Trail Seaside.
I know Matt, and I don't immediately doubt him, but none of this makes any actual sense - least of all the images.

Let's start with adding 11 rounds to the Mini Challenge. It already has seven, which is the joint-most of any event in the game, so it's going to have 18? That would be more than double the races of the next most populated event... Even growing to 11 is a bit of a stretch, but not quite so unreasonable.

The images show the Minis racing at Dragon Trail Seaside, which isn't one of the events in the Mini Challenge as it stands, so where did they come from if they're purporting to show the Mini Challenge? Also, they're exclusively the 2005 MINI Cooper S R53, but the in-game series mixes those and the classic 1965 Mini-Cooper S. And they are not liveried cars - plain body colours only.

Speaking of which, the car in the image is a 2005 MINI Cooper S R53 road car. It's not a 2019 MINI Cooper Challenge JCW F56, which is what Josh Stanton's race car is. Are we seriously suggesting that PD is going to introduce a livery from a 2019 race car onto a 2005 road car in an update? I mean, PD isn't averse to having liveries as standalone new cars, but they're usually the actual car.

This honestly looks like someone's made a replica Mini Challenge livery for the car in the game (hence the "shared image" middle shot) and used it in some races with friends - who've also made replica Mini Challenge liveries (the car behind looks like the #20 from the same series).

I know Matt, and I don't immediately doubt him, but none of this makes any actual sense - least of all the images.

Let's start with adding 11 rounds to the Mini Challenge. It already has seven, which is the joint-most of any event in the game, so it's going to have 18? That would be more than double the races of the next most populated event... Even growing to 11 is a bit of a stretch, but not quite so unreasonable.

The images show the Minis racing at Dragon Trail Seaside, which isn't one of the events in the Mini Challenge as it stands, so where did they come from if they're purporting to show the Mini Challenge? Also, they're exclusively the 2005 MINI Cooper S R53, but the in-game series mixes those and the classic 1965 Mini-Cooper S. And they are not liveried cars - plain body colours only.

Speaking of which, the car in the image is a 2005 MINI Cooper S R53 road car. It's not a 2019 MINI Cooper Challenge JCW F56, which is what Josh Stanton's race car is. Are we seriously suggesting that PD is going to introduce a livery from a 2019 race car onto a 2005 road car in an update? I mean, PD isn't averse to having liveries as standalone new cars, but they're usually the actual car.

This honestly looks like someone's made a replica Mini Challenge livery for the car in the game (hence the "shared image" middle shot) and used it in some races with friends - who've also made replica Mini Challenge liveries (the car behind looks like the #20 from the same series).

I agree some things in the article sound like they've been "mangled". However, unless he's been misquoted or is misinformed, the quote from the MD at the end of the article is seemingly consistent with the rest of what it says.

The writer of the article is clearly sufficiently knowledgeable of GT Sport to refer to the GT League and Mini Challenge specifically which suggests either some research or he's someone that plays the game already.

As @Famine rightly mentions, the design on the old mini doesn't make sense with the fact they are involved with the new one.

Local newspapers can be misleading or misinformed sometimes, but it seems odd that this would just be a few guys making liveries in GT Sport and then racing a one make race (online or in custom race mode), so my instinct is still that there is something coming in the next update, I'm just not sure what it is.

Perhaps there was a misunderstanding/miscommunication, and there’s to be a new separate Mini event in another tier (Amateur/Professional)? Or, it is to be another competition in Sport mode like the Supra Cup?

If it is a new Sport Mode championship, perhaps there is a new mini arriving?

Does anyone feel like they physics have been changed?
Like cars understeer more?
I was driving the RC7 FC and was surprised that it understeered on the first corner.

Does anyone feel like they physics have been changed?
Like cars understeer more?
I was driving the RC7 FC and was surprised that it understeered on the first corner.

They got changed in the last update, yes. A lot more understeer was added, and now it makes sense why, now you realise that wet tracks are coming. I use that term loosely, personally I think there won't be rain but there will just be wet tracks, maybe with differing degrees of dampness, I presume intermediates will be used as well but don't expect the conditions to be interchangeable

D9fcKdQWwAAxAiI.jpg
D9fcNDtXoAMBQ6X.jpg
D9fcPSAXUAABjC-.jpg
D9fcQ71XsAAshb6.jpg

I knew it. Deep down I knew the Sports 800 would come this year! Time to make a race with them. Also the Tundra is a surprise, good to see the Ford isn't lonely anymore.

Back