Rumors on the NEXT Gran Turismo

• Thread starter xxy98cn
  • 404 comments

When do you think the next game in the Gran Turismo series will launch?

• Q1 2020

• Q2 2020

• Q3 2020

• Q4 2020

• Q1 2021

• Q2 2021

• Q3 2021

• Q4 2021

• Q1 2022

• Q2 2022

• Q3 2022

• Q4 2022

• 2023 or later

Results are only viewable after voting.
Give us sauce about the GT announcement. Is there any article about it?
No article but at the end, it's just a matter of weeks to know it. If GT is not announce in June at the reveal event, we can forget GT7 this year.

No article but at the end, it's just a matter of weeks to know it. If GT is not announce in June at the reveal event, we can forget GT7 this year.

Thanks. I'd be extremely disappointed if they don't show Gran Turismo. It's been almost 3 years since GTSport. That's enough time to show something even just small snippet

I feel like I’ve seen this French dude before. Did we get GTS info from him?

I feel like I’ve seen this French dude before. Did we get GTS info from him?
Probably not him. A French car journalist (Cyril Drevet) was invited by Poly at Tokyo.
However, the one in the video (Julien Chieze) is a videogame journalist. He is often invited by Playstation for previews.

I'm voting Q4 2021 or latter because I just don't see this being a Q4 2020 release especially with the current coronavirus situation. I'd rather have them take their time in making GT7 than rush it.

Drew Scanlon Breaking Fourth Wall 10052020124300.jpg

Honestly I don't think it's ever gonna release this year, I'd imagine PoDi would have announced it already if so. Not even in 2021, we don't know the PS5 launch date (though it's supposedly late into this year?) but if GT7 would be a PS5 game GT has never been a launch title, only time even coming close to one being GT3 (which was still about a year to a year and a half after the PS2 came out, and I kinda doubt they'd release it that early again.)

Honestly I don't think it's ever gonna release this year, I'd imagine PoDi would have announced it already if so. Not even in 2021, we don't know the PS5 launch date (though it's supposedly late into this year?) but if GT7 would be a PS5 game GT has never been a launch title, only time even coming close to one being GT3 (which was still about a year to a year and a half after the PS2 came out, and I kinda doubt they'd release it that early again.)

The PS5 launches this year. Think around October/November time.

No first party games for the PS5 have been announced yet. GT isn't an outlier in this case

This trailer was pretty good in previewing what was to come.

The GT Sport Spec 2 trailer, pretty much covered what is currently in the game.

What strikes me about the GT6 trailer, are the cars moving in the photo locations and the avatar walking around the car.
In GTS, we are able to place the avatar and add motion to the Scapes.
Could real movement be the next step for both car and avatar? It would seem the next move, in getting closer to what PD reveal in trailers.

JORDAN KNOWS SOMETHING WE DONT

He couldn't even help himself in the new article and had to tease this. :lol:

"Our community has always been the best resource for up-to-the-minute news and rumors on the Gran Turismo franchise, and there is going to be a lot to talk about with the next game in the series."

As we know PD there won't be any new GT soon. Remember how long it took for 5 and Sport release on the new consoles.

But hopefully at least some leaks or news what the new GT is about would be sweet.

Well nice to see a new sub forum for 7.

I am still very much on the fence about the 'next' game but then I am still debating the whole PS5 console anyway, I'd pretty much decided
the PS4 was gonna be my last console and there's nothing convincing me that will change at the moment.

However the livery editor for Sport changed my view about buying GT Sport, I hope the next trailer will also convince me on this too!

It's good to see the GT7 Forum (again). Here's my theories about the release date as of this time:
  • I think Q4 is slightly ambitious since GT Sport is still set to receive content even if it is modest (by comparison GT5 and GT6 saw their content cut off at least a few months before the next game's announcement). By mid-year should we hear nothing all bets are off for 2020.
  • Q4 2021 is likely provided the announcement and presentation of GT7 goes smoothly and there are no further delays. This is important and I hope it emulates GT6's release build up and not that of GT5 or GTSport.
  • Q4 2022 would be interesting as (December 2022) will mark Gran Turismo's 25th Anniversary. Considering the intention of adding past, present and future elements into GT7 I think PD could aim for this date.
  • Anything later than 2022 would become problematic given it would be past five years between titles.
  • Also interesting to note is the last GT game to release outside Q4 was GT5 Prologue back in 2008 (though it was released Q4 2007 in Japan though) and Japan has only seen two games not released in Q4 (GT3 and GT Concept)

Back