Rx7 Lm

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by shaunsund, Jul 2, 2005.

1. shaunsund

shaunsund

Is the RX-7 LM real?
    The special model one in Mazda.
    If it is can you post some screenshots? :)

2. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Hmmmm, i'm guessing it's not real. I never heard of Mazda racing at LeMans, but then again im' not an expert. Someone posted last week and said that some of the LM cars are real and some aren't. If they aren't, they're still built towards LeMans specifications, which explains why (in GT2) you can't modify their brakes, their drivetrain parts, the power, etc.

3. r0gu3

r0gu3

Mazda is in fact the only Japanese manufacturer to win the 24 hours at Le Mans.

4. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Ha haaa, well that tells you i don't know jack about it! I don't really watch that much sports, i'm too busy pretending to race in videogame sims.

5. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

I don't think an RX-7 has competed at Le Mans in the past 20 years; but yes, Mazda's 787B conquered the 1991 24 Hour race. (Well, the leading Jaguar XJR-12 spun out midway through the race, losing a lap or two, which helped Mazda). That's not to say the RX-7 hasn't been a pheonmenal sucess in road racing over the years. The RX-7 was the weapon of choice for IMSA's GTU series, chalking up over 100 victories; its turbocharged small-displacement 2-rotor engine and overall light weight made it hard to beat.

The RX-7 LM (in any form) is not a real car. I suppose PD wanted a challenger for the JGTC Tom's Supra, R33 LM, Rally Impreza, and so they created cars like the Mazda RX-7 LM(s), Mitsubishi FTO LM, TVR Cerbera LM, etc.

6. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Interesting. Yeah, I'm watching a race rite now that i taped yesterday...at Limerock. It's got a lot of touring cars. there are a few Mazda 6's and a Protege or two, but no RX-8. I guess this particular race is just limited: no full-on sports cars.

7. TMM

TMM

You can't modify them much in GT1 either. You can change the settings but I think you can do that in GT2 as well. In fact there is very little details about is in the LM cars in either version.

8. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

Of course you can modify them! :sly:
    [​IMG]

9. TMM

TMM

Only by doing them as a Hybrid and that pic's from GT2.

10. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

You won't be able to convince HYBRDLVR, TMM...he's in his own world. Believe me i already tried :)

11. SagarisGTB

SagarisGTB

The RX-7 never raced at lemans, and definately not in the GT1 form. That car (both the aspec and special model) have pop-up headlamps, which are never used on serious race cars. Pop-up headlamps are heavy and increase drag when up.

In fact, the only accurate Lemans race cars in the game are (unless im missing something) the Nismo GTR LM and Viper GTS-R. Others, like the NSX-R GT2, are similar to real life cars but are either overpowered or have some other dramatic difference from their real life counterpart.

12. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

Lol PB!

Here's a couple of RX7's I could dig up, I couldn't find any pic of the Red or Green LM in GT1...

I know the Green Two tone isn't a LM, It's my favorite though!

Attached Files:

13. TMM

TMM

I can believe that...

14. dropzone

dropzone

@ TMM - The pics posted ARE all from GT1.

@ HYBRIDLVR - Can you post a link for the codes to "hybrid" in GT1. How you get 1000+ for that RX-7?

15. matherto

matherto

The NSX-R was raced by Mugen, and the Kunimitsu team at Le Mans the same year the Nismo was, so that's real

16. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

I use a GS Pro to change the values and then saved them to a memory card, The key for great cars in GT1 is Weight Reduction, It makes the cars wonderful!

((((((((((I could send you specific Codes for changing parts to get the increased HP if you have a GS for PS1 Or if you live in CA. I could simply let you copy my memory card! LMK...))))))))) :tup:

17. dropzone

dropzone

What I have isn't a GS Pro, its called GameHunter. Works just like one though, I've been using it to make GT2 hybrids.

18. crimson_menace

crimson_menace

Yesh, not quite the same model, but yesh.