Rx7 Lm

• Thread starter shaunsund
  • 28 comments
Hmmmm, I'm guessing it's not real. I never heard of Mazda racing at LeMans, but then again I'm not an expert. Someone posted last week and said that some of the LM cars are real and some aren't. If they aren't, they're still built towards LeMans specifications, which explains why (in GT2) you can't modify their brakes, their drivetrain parts, the power, etc.

Last edited:
Ha haaa, well that tells you i don't know jack about it! I don't really watch that much sports, I'm too busy pretending to race in videogame sims.

Last edited:
I don't think an RX-7 has competed at Le Mans in the past 20 years; but yes, Mazda's 787B conquered the 1991 24 Hour race. (Well, the leading Jaguar XJR-12 spun out midway through the race, losing a lap or two, which helped Mazda). That's not to say the RX-7 hasn't been a pheonmenal sucess in road racing over the years. The RX-7 was the weapon of choice for IMSA's GTU series, chalking up over 100 victories; its turbocharged small-displacement 2-rotor engine and overall light weight made it hard to beat.

The RX-7 LM (in any form) is not a real car. I suppose PD wanted a challenger for the JGTC Tom's Supra, R33 LM, Rally Impreza, and so they created cars like the Mazda RX-7 LM(s), Mitsubishi FTO LM, TVR Cerbera LM, etc.

Interesting. Yeah, I'm watching a race rite now that I taped yesterday...at Lime Rock. It's got a lot of touring cars. There are a few Mazda 6's and a Protege or two, but no RX-8. I guess this particular race is just limited: no full-on sports cars.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Hmmmm, i'm guessing it's not real. I never heard of Mazda racing at LeMans, but then again im' not an expert. Someone posted last week and said that some of the LM cars are real and some aren't. If they aren't, they're still built towards LeMans specifications, which explains why (in GT2) you can't modify their brakes, their drivetrain parts, the power, etc.

You can't modify them much in GT1 either. You can change the settings but I think you can do that in GT2 as well. In fact there is very little details about is in the LM cars in either version.

TMM
Only by doing them as a Hybrid and that pic's from GT2.

You won't be able to convince HYBRDLVR, TMM...he's in his own world. Believe me I already tried :)

Last edited:
The RX-7 never raced at lemans, and definately not in the GT1 form. That car (both the aspec and special model) have pop-up headlamps, which are never used on serious race cars. Pop-up headlamps are heavy and increase drag when up.

In fact, the only accurate Lemans race cars in the game are (unless im missing something) the Nismo GTR LM and Viper GTS-R. Others, like the NSX-R GT2, are similar to real life cars but are either overpowered or have some other dramatic difference from their real life counterpart.

Parnelli Bone
You won't be able to convince HYBRDLVR, TMM...he's in his own world. Believe me i already tried :)
Lol PB!

Here's a couple of RX7's I could dig up, I couldn't find any pic of the Red or Green LM in GT1...

I know the Green Two tone isn't a LM, It's my favorite though!

Attachments

• gt1-9p.JPG
    gt1-9p.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 53
  • gt1-9h.JPG
    gt1-9h.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 57
  • gt1-9r.JPG
    gt1-9r.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 56
TMM
Only by doing them as a Hybrid and that pic's from GT2.

@ TMM - The pics posted ARE all from GT1.

@ HYBRIDLVR - Can you post a link for the codes to "hybrid" in GT1. How you get 1000+ for that RX-7?

dropzone
@ TMM - The pics posted ARE all from GT1.

@ HYBRIDLVR - Can you post a link for the codes to "hybrid" in GT1. How you get 1000+ for that RX-7?
I use a GS Pro to change the values and then saved them to a memory card, The key for great cars in GT1 is Weight Reduction, It makes the cars wonderful!

((((((((((I could send you specific Codes for changing parts to get the increased HP if you have a GS for PS1 Or if you live in CA. I could simply let you copy my memory card! LMK...))))))))) 👍

HYBRIDLVR
I use a GS Pro to change the values and then saved them to a memory card, The key for great cars in GT1 is Weight Reduction, It makes the cars wonderful!

((((((((((I could send you specific Codes for changing parts to get the increased HP if you have a GS for PS1 Or if you live in CA. I could simply let you copy my memory card! LMK...))))))))) 👍

What I have isn't a GS Pro, its called GameHunter. Works just like one though, I've been using it to make GT2 hybrids.

The RX-7 never raced at lemans, and definately not in the GT1 form. That car (both the aspec and special model) have pop-up headlamps, which are never used on serious race cars. Pop-up headlamps are heavy and increase drag when up.

In fact, the only accurate Lemans race cars in the game are (unless im missing something) the Nismo GTR LM and Viper GTS-R. Others, like the NSX-R GT2, are similar to real life cars but are either overpowered or have some other dramatic difference from their real life counterpart.

I'm going to revive an old thread and make a correction RX-7's indeed raced in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Here are links...

https://www.racingsportscars.com/type/photo/Mazda/RX-7.html

^on page one it's the third from the bottom

https://www.racingsportscars.com/type/photo/Mazda/RX-7.html?page=4

^the 5th and 6th entries on the list pane...

But man the third generation rx-7 never entered the 24 hours lemans though. The third gen had a really crappy race record it's shameful. Either the teams couldn't prepare the car properly for races or the third generation rx-7's are crud cars ugh.

Last edited:
I'm going to revive an old thread and make a correction RX-7's indeed raced in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Here are links...

https://www.racingsportscars.com/type/photo/Mazda/RX-7.html

^on page one it's the third from the bottom

https://www.racingsportscars.com/type/photo/Mazda/RX-7.html?page=4

^the 5th and 6th entries on the list pane...

But man the third generation rx-7 never entered the 24 hours lemans though. The third gen had a really crappy race record it's shameful. Either the teams couldn't prepare the car properly for races or the third generation rx-7's are crud cars ugh.
There's also the Artnature RX7.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2009/01/car_spotlight_gt_gt_art_nature_le_mans_mazda_fc3s_rx7/

That was a very nice read thanks. That car looks beautiful imho, I wonder if the site I visit for all my data has info on it.. or if it's too obscure?

Aha yess!! it's also there here's the link...

https://www.racingsportscars.com/type/photo/mazda/RX-7.html?page=13

It placed a respectable 15th out of 48 entered. Too bad it didn't manage a first in class at least but hey at least it was in the top 33rd percentile.

I didn't expect Daan to post in this .. thanks again.

I used to have an OLD account here from 2006-2008 but lost access to sign ins and my associated email as well to corrupted yahoo; so here's my (hopefully final)alt. It's cool to see some of the old time users and mods still here.

Nice photo Suzimiya I love that GTO RX-7.

By the way RE4PERX6 what do you mean by

it's a shame that its strengths are also its weaknesses with the rotary engine.

The rotary was proven to be reliable in Mazda's racing history. The RX-7 for the longest time held the record for the most class wins in SCCA and IMSA. It also possessed a very impressive above average race finish ratio(no mechanical issues) of 74%.

Last edited:
Yes, I am in complete agreement regarding how functional and competitive the Wankel was. The problem was more of a market and due to the downsides that this type of motor presented in certain aspects, which ended up making it unfeasible for the domestic market, although it is a jewel in the competitive aspect. I guess you already know what negatives I am talking about, fuel consumption, emissions, sealing, oil consumption (although that is more than the RX8 it seems to me) the point is that the Wankel made the RX7 great but the market was never very flexible with the rotaries, in fact it could be said that it was a car for enthusiasts at the time and still is today.
I highly respect the RX7 owners.
Dream RX-7 | Bumper 2 Bumper

Btw I am a novice in the whole subject, in fact I mostly refer to the reasons why the rotary was discontinued, but I have never had or driven an RX7 or RX8 so I do nothing but repeat information.

Last edited:
As it turns out, the body kit for the RX-7 LM is based on a limited edition version of the FD RX-7:

I've found something! Sure it's not an actual race car, BUT. In the GT universe it is:

This is the Mazdaspeed RX-7 A-spec 15th Anniversary, also known in the GT universe as the original RX-7 LM Edition.

339193d1239505979-mazdaspeed-wide-boykit-need-idea-fd3s2d.jpg

339194d1239505979-mazdaspeed-wide-boykit-need-idea-fd3s2e.jpg

I made a GT2 mod for it, based on RX-7 LM's texture sheet once I became aware of it (through that post and Sega GT).

Latest Posts

Back