Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO (PS4/XB1/PC) - Milestone

@Scaff Do you happen to have some info on the latest patch? Are the cars still floating above the surface sometimes during replay or has that been cured? Does Australia run completely smooth now a days?

Thinking of picking this up, now that it's part of the Easter Sale at the EU PS Store.

Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO | €15,99*
Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO - Special Edition | €18,99*

Help me out here: for a €3 difference, I definitely want to go with the Special Edition, as this version includes all available DLC, right?

*Prices include an additional PS+ discount.

I'm thinking about the same!
Always those deals play mind games on me!
I have F1 2016 which I didn't touch for months, barely playing Dirt Rally once a week, playing AC nearly each other day:
On 1 hand I want to try something new for cheap; on the other I don't wanna add a game on the shelf (or the harddisk in this case) and not playing it; I feel it's a waste and I hate it.
Too lost here...

I have F1 2016 which I didn't touch for months, barely playing Dirt Rally once a week, playing AC nearly each other day:
On 1 hand I want to try something new for cheap; on the other I don't wanna add a game on the shelf (or the harddisk in this case) and not playing it; I feel it's a waste and I hate it.
Too lost here...

Buy it. Better physics, much more content, much better tarmac feeling, better offline modes than Dirt Rally and ability to play with any car in any discipline. But watch out, it sounds and looks like crap (it also runs at 30 fps).

Too lost here...
I've completed the first rookie stages using the 106 Rallye. It's lots of fun and based on this alone I'd recommend getting it. I can see myself coming back to SLRE more often than to DiRT Rally.

It does look awful, though.
It's pretty much PS3 graphics. Except they should run smoothly on a PS4, but they don't...
Framerate drops constantly and there's lots of stuttering or blurring or whatever going on as well.

Coming from DiRT Rally this will be shocking and a bit of a let down. But if you stick to it, it will end up being very rewarding.

Which brings me to this:

@Scaff Are the cars still floating above the surface sometimes during replay or has that been cured? Does Australia run completely smooth now a days?
The cars look like they're floating on the replays, yes.

And in Australia it often breaks down to something that looks like... 10fps or so. Awful.

I've completed the first rookie stages using the 106 Rallye. It's lots of fun and based on this alone I'd recommend getting it. I can see myself coming back to SLRE more often than to DiRT Rally.

It does look awful, though.
It's pretty much PS3 graphics. Except they should run smoothly on a PS4, but they don't...
Framerate drops constantly and there's lots of stuttering or blurring or whatever going on as well.

Coming from DiRT Rally this will be shocking and a bit of a let down. But if you stick to it, it will end up being very rewarding.

Which brings me to this:

And in Australia it often breaks down to something that looks like... 10fps or so. Awful.
Thankfully for me the Pro makes a big difference to frame rate.

Hmm I thought those issues were addressed in their latest patch but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks for that one @Scaff

The replay has moments of beauty and moments of :ill:. Floating is still there as I see. To bad they didn't use the UE4 for this game.

Last edited:
I've gotten so bored of DiRT Rally I decided to re-download SLRE. I platinumed it a year ago with a DS4 and deleted it for space. But now, oh boy, with my G29 it is awesome. Especially on tarmac. Has a bit of an Assetto Corsa feel to it and really puts DR to shame in the physics department. Have hooked up a couple times with a DR league buddy for some PvP stages. What a blast! I have convinced others in the league to dust their copy off and convinced three more to buy it! We are going to organize a PvP championship.

I also discovered time trialling vs. Loeb's ghost. Great fun!

And doing custom rallies on Realistic difficulty... makes DR seem like Mario Kart.

I am very glad I re-discovered this unpolished gem. With poor sales and the Gravel announcement I doubt we'll see a sequel but if one does appear I will be very happy. SLRE is miles ahead of DR minus the graphics and sound departments, as stated by others in this thread.

Also, Boost Mode on the Pro does wonders for framerate stability.

I also made a repurchase (read cheap) this weekend. The game can be a stunning beauty sometimes. It has some really nice effects and reflections. The stages are also very well made. Only thing I noticed is that a handbrake is not needed (504 coupe) and the car doesn't really slide like it does in Dirt Rally. I prefer the handling of Dirt Rally on gravel (play with ds4) but on tarmac SLR really has the advantage. I had great fun this afternoon :D Pics to come ;)

I also made a repurchase (read cheap) this weekend. The game can be a stunning beauty sometimes. It has some really nice effects and reflections. The stages are also very well made. Only thing I noticed is that a handbrake is not needed (504 coupe) and the car doesn't really slide like it does in Dirt Rally. I prefer the handling of Dirt Rally on gravel (play with ds4) but on tarmac SLR really has the advantage. I had great fun this afternoon :D Pics to come ;)
It's much nicer on gravel with a wheel.

@doblocruiser the cars do slide but it's harder to be on the edge as it is in DR. In SLRE the cars actually have weight. Sliding rhrough turns requires more skill to pull off correctly and I personally find it more realistic and satisfying than DR. Try racing against Loeb's ghost and watch him slide around.

Thanks for the tips guys 👍 I need to set up my wheel :embarrassed: Problem is that it is quite a hassle to unpack, set it up, play and rebox it afterwards :rolleyes: I don't have a dedicated simspot in my house.

I'll surely try it in the coming weeks :)

Thanks for the tips guys 👍 I need to set up my wheel :embarrassed: Problem is that it is quite a hassle to unpack, set it up, play and rebox it afterwards :rolleyes: I don't have a dedicated simspot in my house.

I'll surely try it in the coming weeks :)
Take a look at the Playseat Challenge, it solved my rig setup and storage issues.

The Valla stages has surprised me positively frameratewise. It seems to run a lot smoother these days and the only issue I had so far with frames dropping is during replays. For the rest it has been good.

Also the Myherin track is a very nice one. It feels shorter than it actually is mainly due to the great flow one needs to go around on this track.

@Scaff @Pfei The non sliding issue seems to occur with the less powerful cars. The 504 is very hard to get to slide while the Xsara is much easier. I also think that I am still a bit away from the 504's limit and that I need to try with a wheel to get a better feel for it.

Loeb Challenges are first :dunce:

edit: That Playseat Challenge looks pretty solid 👍

The Valla stages has surprised me positively frameratewise. It seems to run a lot smoother these days and the only issue I had so far with frames dropping is during replays. For the rest it has been good.

Also the Myherin track is a very nice one. It feels shorter than it actually is mainly due to the great flow one needs to go around on this track.

@Scaff @Pfei The non sliding issue seems to occur with the less powerful cars. The 504 is very hard to get to slide while the Xsara is much easier. I also think that I am still a bit away from the 504's limit and that I need to try with a wheel to get a better feel for it.

Loeb Challenges are first :dunce:
Yep the last patch did help the framerate a little, and I'm lucky as the PS4 Pro does help quite a bit as well.

edit: That Playseat Challenge looks pretty solid 👍
Its a great bit of kit, really well designed as it uses your own body weight to effectively stabalise the rig, it made it possible for me to have a rig that can be set-up or put away in under a minute.

Its a great bit of kit, really well designed as it uses your own body weight to effectively stabalise the rig, it made it possible for me to have a rig that can be set-up or put away in under a minute.

Really catched my interesse. Thanks for that @Scaff , looks like a great solution. Also that wheel and pedals can stay attached is ideal.

Last edited:
Really catched my interesse. Thanks for that @Scaff , looks like a great solution. Also that wheel and pedals can stay attached is ideal.
Yep, and it can get very flexible.

I've added a Thrustmaster shifter to mine using a RAM mount, added a tactile base shaker and also a button box.

I honestly can't sing its praises enough, as without it I would be spending too long setting up and stripping down a rig to make it worthwhile.

Any tips on how to beat the Loeb Challenge at Myherin? Target time is 6:07 seconds but closest I can get so far is 6.10 :banghead:

Is it me or is this one of the hardest challenges in the Loeb Expérience ?

Any tips on how to beat the Loeb Challenge at Myherin? Target time is 6:07 seconds but closest I can get so far is 6.10 :banghead:

Is it me or is this one of the hardest challenges in the Loeb Expérience ?
Nope as that exact same one has me beat as well.

Milestone seems to have an issue with crazy difficulty spikes on random events in their games.

Yeah it seems so. Really surprised by that one. I must be do-able but it is hard to drive fast on a stage for 6 minutes. The stage doesn't let you get away with to many errors nor does the time to beat. The first section through the forrest is fast and I surely loose some time but I struggle to improve. Easy to loose in the middle sector. Than the last part is pretty technical and seems longer than you think. Need to work on perfecting speed matching the pacenotes. Surely is a hard nut to crack.

Edit:
@Scaff Managed to beat it on my second run this late afternoon :dopey: 6:03:472

Last edited:
Milestone seems to have an issue with crazy difficulty spikes on random events in their games.

Yep. It is a mistake clearly, but I like it. Sometimes I want a harder challenge, it gives variety to the stages I can get gold medal at the first atempt. No saying it doesn't have to be fixed, but it doesn't bother me at all.

In career mode the most difficult events I've encountered were group 4.

Yep. It is a mistake clearly, but I like it. Sometimes I want a harder challenge, it gives variety to the stages I can get gold medal at the first atempt. No saying it doesn't have to be fixed, but it doesn't bother me at all.

A four-day rally with Realistic AI and full damage is QUITE the challenge!

A four-day rally with Realistic AI and full damage is QUITE the challenge!

That surely is but isn't my idea of fun in a videogame. I like a challenge but I need time to relax as well. The Myherin one is / was fun because it just keeps your emotions under "completely frustrated" / "will never be good enough". There is a sense of achievement. On the other side, that Alsace challenge that came right after I could have done in reverse :lol:

Challenges should have been a bit more balanced 👍

That surely is but isn't my idea of fun in a videogame. I like a challenge but I need time to relax as well.

You're right; Realistic difficulty is definitely not where you want to jump into when getting your feet wet. I didn't even try it until after I platinumed the game. But after the plat was out of the way, it's fun to go back and challenge yourself on Realistic difficulty. I'm glad it's there as it adds some longevity to the game. I haven't been able to win a rally yet. A couple stages, yes, but hold it together for eight stages is tough.

I didn't appreciate it in RIDE 1. It was already annoying enough making sure you don't pick the wrong bike for a class, but then there were a couple of events that were impossible without the one correct bike with all of its upgrades, and one event at Sugo that might actually be literally impossible on the PS3/XB360 due to an apparent bug in those versions of the game.

PvP rallies are great fun in SLRE. While my Argentine DiRT Rally League is waiting for DiRT 4, those of us that own SLRE have started some casual rallying once per week in a private lobby. We meet on Tuesdays at 23:00hs ARG (GMT-3) and do a shakedown and one four-stage rally. I have a spreadsheet where I enter the times so we are able to do cumulative rallies. I know the time is probably not good for most of you, but if anyone feels like joining us we'd be happy to have you.

Back