Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO (PS4/XB1/PC) - Milestone

...Over the course of the 5-6 rally games they have churned out...
I only seem to recall four previous rally titles and WRC Powerslide which was essentially assets from WRC4 so a re-release of that game but with a different focus.

1437562020-436460b00w33l7b8bild1.jpg

WIP car list:

Citroën
Citroën DS3 WRC "Record Livery" (2013)
Citroën Xsara WRC (2003)

Ford
Ford RS200 (1985)

Lancia
Lancia 037
Lancia Delta Integrale
Lancia Delta S4
Lancia Fulvia
Lancia Stratos

Peugeot
Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak (2013)
Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak (1988) [day one/pre-order DLC]

Renault
Renault-Alpine A110 1660 (1973)

Suzuki
Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak (1996) [day one/pre-order DLC]

Miss anything?

WIP car list:

Citroën
Citroën DS3 WRC "Record Livery" (2013)
Citroën Xsara WRC (2003)

Ford
Ford RS200 (1985)

Lancia
Lancia 037
Lancia Delta Integrale
Lancia Delta S4
Lancia Fulvia
Lancia Stratos

Peugeot
Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak (2013)
Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak (1988) [day one/pre-order DLC]

Renault
Renault-Alpine A110 1660 (1973)

Suzuki
Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak (1996) [day one/pre-order DLC]

Miss anything?

Mini Cooper

Fiat Abarth 131
11701040_615397008602642_2784081932908948282_n.jpg

Audi Sport Quattro Rally and Volkswagen Polo R WRC http://www.lemagsportauto.com/sebastien-loeb-rally-evo-interview-exclusive/9440/

I don't know, maybe it's the cam fixed to the rear end of the car but it doesn't feel like it's oversteering as it should. It's a rally game, car should be sliding all the time.
Why? That is a Tarmac stage.

Edit- I am a massive idiot, no it isnt.

But anyways the car seems to be sliding round the corners better than in previous videos.

Why? That is a Tarmac stage.

Edit- I am a massive idiot, no it isnt.

But anyways the car seems to be sliding round the corners better than in previous videos.
No need to be so harsh with yourself. The track indeed seems to be tarmac, but it's "tarmac + ice + snow here and there", in these conditions the car should behave like.. like it is on the ice, because it IS on the ice.

Even if it's an improvement from previous videos I feel the rear weight transfer should be way more loose. Basically the car should drift every turn. In this game I see no corner entry with the car on the side and the driver keeping the slide for the whoole turn, revving the engine, keeping the car "drifting" and preparing weight transfer for the next one, you know, what rally drivers do.

No need to be so harsh with yourself. The track indeed seems to be tarmac, but it's "tarmac + ice + snow here and there", in these conditions the car should behave like.. like it is on the ice, because it IS on the ice.

Even if it's an improvement from previous videos I feel the rear weight transfer should be way more loose. Basically the car should drift every turn. In this game I see no corner entry with the car on the side and the driver keeping the slide for the whoole turn, revving the engine, keeping the car "drifting" and preparing weight transfer for the next one, you know, what rally drivers do.

Can't argue with that. Let's hope the physics keep improving.

Excuse me, but it seems like you aren't really up to date with how a modern rally car should handle on a surface like the one shown in the video. When going the speeds the WRC drivers go, wet tarmac with occasional thin layer of snow is nothing like actual ice, it's nothing like snow, and it's nothing like regular wet asphalt, that instantly makes comparing the game video to a footage from Rally Sweden where the cars are on thick layer of snow. In the Monte Carlo Rally, which is simply the only rally in the WRC calendar, that can be compared to what we saw in the game video, the cars only slide in hairpins and other tight corners if the road isn't completely covered by sub 0°C water, and even in those cases the car only goes in a very slight oversteer.

What I'm concerned about the physics of the game is the very low amount of vertical movement of the car's body compared to the road, which in the current form appears to be a suspension-less car on a perfectly smooth road, rather than how it should be.

Excuse me, but it seems like you aren't really up to date with how a modern rally car should handle on a surface like the one shown in the video. When going the speeds the WRC drivers go, wet tarmac with occasional thin layer of snow is nothing like actual ice, it's nothing like snow, and it's nothing like regular wet asphalt, that instantly makes comparing the game video to a footage from Rally Sweden where the cars are on thick layer of snow. In the Monte Carlo Rally, which is simply the only rally in the WRC calendar, that can be compared to what we saw in the game video, the cars only slide in hairpins and other tight corners if the road isn't completely covered by sub 0°C water, and even in those cases the car only goes in a very slight oversteer.
Yes obviously I can understand the video I posted from Rally of Sweden doesn't share the same weather conditions as the gameplay footage, but that video was meant to show the most common and used technicque in Rally, not to compare the track surface.

As you probably know modern WRC 2015 on a tarmac surface still require a "natural" ammount of oversteer in order to deal with the tight turns of Special Stages like this.

It's not only about the e-brake, he is also using lift off oversteer and power over.

I would rather them delay this than release it unfinished with massive bugs like most games of the last 12 months.
However, the delay does mean that they will be slaughtered if it still has bugs when it releases.

It also gives me time to play the Crew Wild Run DLC and enjoy the upgraded graphics in the November update before this comes out.

PS - It says "Over 16 manufacturers" above I see. So, 17 then? :lol:
The list so far is a lot less than 16 though, so it seems there a lot more manufacturers to come which we don't know about yet, which is good news. 👍

The delays are not a good sign I'm afraid. I mentioned my worries at the screenshots being labelled with pre-alpha a few pages back when the game is this close to release. I think they know they won't make it for this year's release, but said it anyway to build up hype in the meantime. If they can put out a great game next year, well done. But unfortunately I see this going down the PCARS route: delayed and still not up to standards. Fingers crossed I'm wrong...

Back