Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO (PS4/XB1/PC) - Milestone

Why on earth have they made Finland mostly tarmac and on the most narrow road possible? Doesn't really fit the event profile that Finland typically has...
Well the Himos stage, which appears to be the stage they were trying to replicate, is very narrow for the most part. I'm not sure where they came up with most of the asphalt, though.

11838903_627023687439974_8272749471501847570_o.jpg

The stages look nice. Graphics are a touch under Dirt Rally, but still good enough. Still not convinced about the physics tbh - it still gives me the central axis vibe that dates all the way back to Milestone's V8 Superstars series on the PS3.

I think they missed the boat by not releasing it this year. It would have filled up a nice gap for people wanting a rally game on console. Dirt Rally most likely will release sometime next year and the console crowd will just wait for that instead.

The stages look nice. Graphics are a touch under Dirt Rally, but still good enough. Still not convinced about the physics tbh - it still gives me the central axis vibe that dates all the way back to Milestone's V8 Superstars series on the PS3.

I think they missed the boat by not releasing it this year. It would have filled up a nice gap for people wanting a rally game on console. Dirt Rally most likely will release sometime next year and the console crowd will just wait for that instead.
Or some of us will be getting both ;)

I know that this game will be no competition for DiRT Rally but I do have a fondness for the feel behind the Milestone rally games. I think the central pivot axis feeling most likely comes from how they have the camera centred on the vehicle in chase view (still don't know why so many vids have a liking for that view) The last two WRC titles of theirs have not felt like there is a central pivot, so I think we should be safe in that respect.

From what i have seen so far and my experience with vehicle physics, i think this game will be very arcadish driving.
So if you are looking for Richard Burns Rally physics quality, you might be disappointed.

Even if they say its not finished physics and they will polish it until the release, there won't be any big changes in physics at this stage of development.

In the graphics department, some of the Screenshots looks really good (Almost as good as Drive Club ;)) however the gameplay graphics seems to be completely different.

For the car shading, Gran Turismo already do a way better job...
Realism cannot be achieved only with physical shaders as they mentioned in the dev diary. Its so much more..
Its a lot of observation and attention to detail that will make a game look realistic.
And despite the fact of being on a very limited platform, Gran Turismo 6 do a wonderful job in that area.

As always my comments may appear technical and negative from a racing game developer point of view but hey, maybe this game have an awesome gameplay and replay value ;)

Last edited:
Back