Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO (PS4/XB1/PC) - Milestone

Graphics look OK to me. Not Driveclub level, but passable.

The physics on the other hand :yuck: I hope they're using aids or it's just a bad driver, but the car looks like it has too much grip. No feeling of suspension travel or weight shifting either. Guess I'll stick to Dirt Rally for now.

Isn't it weird for a game to still be pre-alpha this close to release?
Milestone seem to do this regularly, not entirely sure if the previous games were pre-alpha until late in the day, but that's certainly the impression I get. Alan also mentioned that the physics is still not in there yet.

Sounds big and it's great that they are using the real rally stages this time. That photomode seems comprehensive too, which of course I like and we'll be getting a broader time frame to run the stages in, from actual dawn to sunset instead of early morning to late afternoon.

...they have to pay attention cause codemaster announced they will release dirt rally also on ps4
I think it's rather the other way around. Codemasters had become concerned about Milestone, but I'm sure Milestone will now be focusing further now that Dirt Rally will get a PS4 release.

They've turned out two great rallying titles so far, so I have full faith that it'll end up being just great too.

Ad in MCV. Releasing in October.

sebastien_loeb111111.jpg

What does the WRC series have to do with this game?

Milestone developed the WRC series. Although WRC5 is now developed by another developer (Kylotonn), it's looking like heading in a more arcade direction. SLRE is looking to continue the simcade direction of WRC1-4, hence this game is more like a "spiritual" successor to the WRC series than WRC5 itself.

I also find it weird that Loeb's name is used in a widespread off road game (rally, hillclimb, rallyX). I know that he's participated in Pikes Peak and some rallyX as well, but he's mostly associated with WRC.

Milestone releases the third screenshot batch to show two of the 60 cars included into to Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo, its new, exclusive IP scheduled for release in october 2015 on Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, PlayStation®4 and Windows PC/Steam.

Arrive the Citroën Xsara 2003 and the Citroën DS3 Record Livery. The first one is a flamboyant red vehicle, protagonists of the 2003 World Championship with 6 podium and a second position in the final standings achieved by Sébastien Loeb. The second one, black and gold, make its first appearance in a videogame and celebrates all the achievement of S. Loeb till 2013.
Currently in development at Milestone studios in Italy, Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo will be available in autumn 2015 on Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and PC/Steam

SLRE_Citroen_Xsara_2003_01.jpg

SLRE_Citroen_Xsara_2003_02.jpg

SLRE_Citroen_Xsara_2003_03.jpg

SLRE_Citroen_Record-Livery_01.jpg

SLRE_Citroen_Record-Livery_02.jpg

SLRE_Citroen_Record-Livery_03.jpg

Ahhh finally a gameplay video 👍 Graphics look gorgeous as expected :drool: Physics looks like a solid simcade type. I might get this further down the line, after I've got enough of Dirt Rally first.

That's a very weird way of holding the steering wheel.
Jean Alesi used to do that in F1, it actually gives you stronger control through corners like hairpins, I've tried it, personally just doesn't feel natural, but some drivers like it. It's all personal preference really isn't it

there is so much difference between the screenshots and the actual gameplay graphic...

I think youtube is partly to blame for that. I'm sure it'll look better on your screen.

Honestly the lighting is OK in my view. But the textures and polycount lets it down (look at the snow bank above, it's basically early PS3 level :crazy:). Average graphics would be fine if the driving is good, but unfortunately it's not. So I don't see anyone except the most ardent rally fans buying this.

I like the lighting in those vids and what appears to be softer snow banks than those previously encountered in a Milestone game. Still quite interested in this and I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with it.

Ah yeah I forgot about that, no doubt they will release it for consoles at some point. Otherwise it's a good reason to get a PC :)
Yeah, I think the current prognosis is early next year. Personally, I can't be bothered with a gaming PC as it seems like a lot of hassle, plus I can't get full time work anymore (too old), so can't really afford to even build one - so I'll wait. in the meantime, I have this game to keep me happy.

Back