S-Type R is....

• Thread starter cerbman1
  • 5 comments
great fun in the game, but the GTC cars handling is nothing like the real car. I was lucky enough to drive one recently and it is a superb car. The terrible lift-off oversteer in GTC does not exist in reality. The salesman took one bend at 100 and lifted off mid corner to slow a bit for the next tighter bend with no drama at all, great car.:)

If you wern't driving it, you wouldn't know how stable the car felt through that bend then. Anyway no computer game comes close to the real thing but GT comes closest on PS2, theres a couple of PC games that are closer on the PC though and that Racing legends looks like possibly being the closest yet.

I did drive the car as it says in my post. As far as the corner and the S-types behaviour on that corner is concerned ofcourse I could tell how the car felt. The tail didn't come out in the terrible way it does in GTC. With your comment I doubt that you're a driver.

The Audi TT has no torque and handles like poo in GT3, this is not necessarily true for it's real life counterpart and I can vouch for that. Remember that sign at the start of the game?

aav.jpg

Anyway, the cars in GTC seem to brake traction very easily, well in tokyo geneva. In 2001 GTC the cars seem completely unable to brake traction.

Originally posted by cerbman1
I did drive the car as it says in my post. As far as the corner and the S-types behaviour on that corner is concerned ofcourse I could tell how the car felt. The tail didn't come out in the terrible way it does in GTC. With your comment I doubt that you're a driver.
Sorry I missunderstood you, I was looking more at the salesman corner bit, and yes I do drive and I have done for 3 years. I never said it handled correct in GTC I just said GT is the closest to real on the PS2.

Originally posted by live4speed
Sorry I missunderstood you, I was looking more at the salesman corner bit, and yes I do drive and I have done for 3 years. I never said it handled correct in GTC I just said GT is the closest to real on the PS2.
That's ok:) As I said on another site, the S-Type R behaves in a similar way to a Cerbera on corners, when corning power is reached its tail very gradually breaks away, lovely car:)
You are right in saying the GT series is closest to reality, even the best get in wrong. I hope this is sorted in GT4.

Back