safety cars, red flags, warming up tires and formation laps

• Thread starter reato
  • 17 comments
Australia
Australia
I would love it if you add all of my ideas above to make the game more realistic and so that people can act like it is real and safety cars should be used because it is unfair on the person that crashed that they have to slowly catch up and safety cars would fulfill the roll to make the game more fair. Formation laps should be included so that you can add tyres being warmed up ready, you should create an option to say if people want warming up tyres or to have a formation lap. if you add this the game would be much better, im not saying it’s a bad game i love this game but it would make it better because it would be more realistic to real life.

giphy.gif

Hello and thank you for your input and suggestions. I currently have my resources allocated for other purposes, but I have made note of your suggestions. Please keep in mind I have absolutely no authority to make decisions involving Gran Turismo content or involvement in these decisions.
Best I can do is suggest to forum moderators that this gets merged with an already existing wishlist thread.
Thank you and good day.

Hello and thank you for your input and suggestions. I currently have my resources allocated for other purposes, but I have made note of your suggestions. Please keep in mind I have absolutely no authority to make decisions involving Gran Turismo content or involvement in these decisions.
Best I can do is suggest to forum moderators that this gets merged with an already existing wishlist thread.
Thank you and good day.
okay thank you i just reckon this would be a great idea to make it more realistic and it would be lots of fun
thank you have an amazing day

I would love it if you add all of my ideas above to make the game more realistic and so that people can act like it is real and safety cars should be used because it is unfair on the person that crashed that they have to slowly catch up and safety cars would fulfill the roll to make the game more fair. Formation laps should be included so that you can add tyres being warmed up ready, you should create an option to say if people want warming up tyres or to have a formation lap. if you add this the game would be much better, im not saying it’s a bad game i love this game but it would make it better because it would be more realistic to real life.
Removing ghosting would be a good start, at the moment it feels like I'm the only person who slows down when there is a crash ahead.

Removing ghosting would be a good start, at the moment it feels like I'm the only person who slows down when there is a crash ahead.
yeah i reckon that would be good saying you need to slow down when someone crashes so it’s more realistic and shows more awareness

Last edited:
But every race would have at least 17 safety cars.
yeah maybe but at least they should add an option for it if you want to include it

You do have to warm up the tires. They are "cold" when you first put them on.
well they should add what tyre temps your tyres are at like in assetto

Last edited:
well they should add what tyre temps your tyres are at like in assetto
There is so many things that other games are doing different or better, but GT7 at least tells you they are "cold" by the blue border on the tyre images. Depending on car and track, it will take different amounts of time until they are warm for optimal traction.

There is so many things that other games are doing different or better, but GT7 at least tells you they are "cold" by the blue border on the tyre images. Depending on car and track, it will take different amounts of time until they are warm for optimal traction.
Do real-life racing cars have a display gauge that shows tyre temperature by a blue-green-red cycle?

Do real-life racing cars have a display gauge that shows tyre temperature by a blue-green-red cycle?
For a game that calls itself "The real driving simulator" but changing its physics model with every update, does it really matter what real-life cars have for information?

Although this is not temperature but pressure, the information could all be present if anyone actually cared.
1680248210198.png

where exactly does it tell you?

nah but it would be good if in the game they add it

I'd like to be able to buy a white Beetle and find a diamond in the gas tank so my navigator can try and pitch it from the side of the Mulsanne.

You do know that in real life racing the yellow flag is not thrown for the crashing driver to catch up, instead it is thrown to clear his wreckage off of the track because his race is over. Is that the kind of realism you seek??

Last edited:
More fair? If you want realistic, crashing should be the end of your race\day, in most cases. Even a minor off IRL means going over the car to make sure there’s no damage before going back out of track. Even iRacing makes you pull over and wait for tow truck after a big enough crash, even when the safety car comes out.

Also, you can already do a manual start with tire warm. Start a race on grid start, have everyone do a slow 1st lap, whilst keeping tires warm, then Manually do a rolling “start” on the start of lap 2.

Last edited:
Back