save replay complete message during racing?

earlier tonight i was racing the p.d. cup and during several of the races at around the 15th or 16th lap a green lettered message (similar to the one that appears to notify you that a car is pitting) that says save replay complete. what the heck is it, i have no clue im really curious. has this happened to anyone? im not a beginner is it something obvious im just not realizing?

have you got the auto-ghost, set on yes, on the options screen.

The computer is probably just saving that?

LiVE FaST - BreaK LaTE

I think ... Actually I'm pretty sure that it is because you can't save replays that are longer then 16 laps ???

Coz when you have a 3 lap replay, it takes 55Kb ... So 15 laps would be 550Kb which is alot space on a 8Mb MemCard. Know wt I mean ??

I got that message plenty of times, mainly because I've been doing alot of endurance races lately ;) Yeah I got it on super speedway around lap 93 and on Tokyo around lap 30+..

Hi Y'all:
:D I run LOTS of Enduros so I see the message a LOT. Am 99% sure it's a "Time" thing rather than a "Lap" thing. Each race save is alloted only so much space (or "Time") on your memory card. Have never tried it but would guess that if you start a long race & pull over to the side & park, at about the 25 minute mark the message will pop up. JMO...UB57
:D
BTW: Welcome to GTP Chris Criswell !!!

UB57 is mostly right. During high-miler races, this message will pop up generally around the half-hour mark, but it varies from track to track. The more input you make, the sooner you get the message. It's actually possible to save a full Super Speedway endurance race!

The maximum file size for a replay I've ever seen is 168k by the way - this was for the first 30-ish minutes of my Seattle Enduro/Ruf RGT run.

Yeah, I've got that today on my 225 Laguna run, it came up at lap 49...:|

its all about the size of the file when you get to a certain size thats it no more

if you just sit there it may not happen because your not putting any input to the game

But it also happens at different times if you use the same car on the same endurance...:|

...like what the 3 or 4 of us did in the 100 lapper at CS, all of us reported seeing the same message at the same time

I noticed that message just a couple of days ago when I did the Seattle Endurance Race with a C5R . . . it came around lap 38 or 39 I think. At the time, I was wondering what the heck it was, but didn't pay any attention to it. Just wondered what it was and went on with my racing.

Hmmm, never noticed it during the Super Speedway, Seattle, or Laguna Seca enduros. But I just noticed it during lap 33 of the SSR11 "All Night" race.

Okay...nothing to worry about, apparently!

Funny thing just happened to me several hours ago relating to this.

I was racing the 300km enduro and the Raybrig NSX pitted. The message popped up to let me know about this, and so did the "saving" message, at the same time. They overlaped each other.

Then, the "Raybrig is pitting" message stayed on the screen until the Raybrig pitted again. Which was about 7 laps, or so.

Very weird. Did that ever happen to anyone else?

Just one question. Why would they bring out a game and not tell us the technical details of it? I think they should really rectify this in the next GT game

Back