SCEE/PAL TT Release — Now enriched with boxart…

• Thread starter ALPHA
  • 40 comments
19th April: Box Art

I’m surprised this hasn’t already been around the internet, twice.

SCEE Press Release - 28/02/2006
Tourist Trophy - the real Riding Simulator (PlayStation 2)

• Experience the true essence of motorcycle racing
  • 180 licensed sports bike models, 35 courses, 12 manufacturers.
Bike fanatics, fans of motorcycle sport and road racers will be thrilled today with the announcement by Sony Computer Entertainment Australia of the release this May of Tourist Trophy™ – the Real Riding Simulator on PlayStation®2. Offering a whole new perspective on bike racing, the game comes from the studios of Polphony Digital Inc. and the acclaimed team behind the Gran Turismo™ series - who have worked to capture the true essence of motorcycle racing and the fluid relationship between man and machine.

Experience for the first time the real exhilaration of motorbiking as you hit the throttle and find out what true speed means. Test your skills, nerve and reflexes to the maximum as you ride 35 real life and fantasy circuits from international city circuits to tracks including the Laguna Seca, Nürburgring and Valencia.

Tourist Trophy™ – the Real Riding Simulator lets you choose your ride from 180 licensed sports bikes produced by more than twelve of the worlds leading manufacturers. Compare different bikes and manufacturers including 34 different models from Honda from the CBR1100XX to the CB1300 SUPER BOL D’OR RacingModify; 30 from Yamaha spanning 25 years from the 1980 RZ250 to the XJR1300 RacingModify; or take a spin on the TRICKSTAR ZX-10R Suzuka8H; push the Aprilia RSV1000R FACTORY RacingModify to its limits, or enjoy the envy as you mount a Ducati 999R.

With a focus on the real racing experience the game delivers an unprecedented level of simulation and precision control. Using an unrivalled physics package each bike has been meticulously recreated with authentic cockpits, performance, true-to-life handling and engine sound, backed by fully customisable riding equipment including licensed helmets and biker gear.

Tourist Trophy™ – the real Riding Simulator offers a variety of great game modes with action for one or two players: Arcade gives you a quick racing adrenaline fix; Tourist Trophy Mode allows you to acquire a huge selection of bikes and riding gear from racing in over 20 Race Events, and experience the ultimate in motorbike challenges; and Photo Mode allows you to take photos of your favourite bike and print them for prosperity.

Experience the rush, feel the fear, be one with your machine. Tourist Trophy™ – the real Riding Simulator, arriving exclusively on PlayStation®2, May 2006.

It’s published at the SCEE Virtual Press Office, they’re also hiring.

ALPHA
I’m surprised this hasn’t already been around the internet, twice.

It’s published at the SCEE Virtual Press Office, they’re also hiring.

180 bikes thats 56 more than Japanese version, sure thats right, knew it would come out soon, even tho i have Japanese version i cant wait for pal one now:) australia, wheres the mention of europe? just looked at belgiums sony press site and even they have it confirmed for june, what about the rest of us eh

pmc40
180 bikes thats 56 more than Japanese version, sure thats right, knew it would come out soon, even tho i have Japanese version i cant wait for pal one now:) australia, wheres the mention of europe? just looked at belgiums sony press site and even they have it confirmed for june, what about the rest of us eh
I pulled the release from the Australian section (closer to home). Each press release is essentially the same, only basic fields get changed depending on what region your surfing.
RogsR34UK
Have they dropped a couple of tracks from the PAL release then as they state 35 I wonder...
180 bikes? I think the article is inaccurate, and that the tracks are only the ones you can race an opponent on, maybe?.

EDIT: The SCEA TT press releases state, "more than 35 international courses". Who needs specifics anyway?

Atleast the release is confirmed, I agree the details are not to be trusted - I just cannot believe that the official Playstation sites here in the UK (and in some other regions) have literally said nothing about Tourist Trophy at all - the only sources I trust on all things PD are Polyphony Digital themselves, GTPlanet (coz we check our sources! ;) ) and Amar212 :sly: - the buffoons at Sony are not to be trusted with the details!

180 bikes stated, they obviously r counting bikes with more than one colour scheme, Ie blue gsxr600 is one bike and gsxr600 red is another bike.

pmc40
180 bikes stated, they obviously r counting bikes with more than one colour scheme, Ie blue gsxr600 is one bike and gsxr600 red is another bike.

all colour schemes equals 241 bikes. So I do not know where the 180 number comes from.

HazGT
It comes out in june here in the UK! =(

Can I play the NTSC Version on my PAL playstation?

The Official Playstation site still has TT scheduled for a May '06 launch, rather than June.

Not that a slip to June would surprise me a great deal.

In regard to playing the NTSC version on a PAL PS2, unless your PS2 has been chipped to allow it to play NTSC games then no, it will not work.

Regards

Scaff

I hope it will be released somewhere at the end of may here in belgium.
That way i can ask it for my birthday :)

Today SCEE has released new PAL list - Tourist Trophy is scheduled for May 31st release.

Good. :)

amar212
Today SCEE has released new PAL list - Tourist Trophy is scheduled for May 31st release.

Good. :)

it'll be june then:( where did u get that info?, I dont see it on scee website

:grumpy: Sony realise dates for april - May - June.
Taken From jeuvideo.com :
"Bien qu'on soit à plus de 3 mois de cette date et qu'il est possible qu'il y ait des changements d'ici là, notez que trois jeux majeurs sont prévus sur PS2 pour le 23 juin 2006. Il s'agit de Forbidden Siren 2, de Formula One 06 et de Tourist Trophy. Le reste du planning de Sony confirme les dates déjà annoncées à l'exception de Ape Escape 3 qui débarquera cinq jours en avance. On ne s'en plaindra pas. Le planning complet :

Socom 3 - 20 avril 2006
Singstar Rocks ! - 26 avril 2006
Ape Escape 3 - 5 mai 2006
Forbidden Siren 2 - 23 juin 2006
Formula One 06 - 23 juin 2006
Tourist Trophy - 23 juin 2006
"
Sorry, but the pal version seems really to be for june, the 23

Experience the rush, feel the fear, be one with your machine. Tourist Trophy™ – the real Riding Simulator, arriving exclusively on PlayStation®2, May 2006.

LOL "feel the fear" :lol: I don't think so!

Anyway looking forward to trying this game 👍

Should be a good street racing complement to Namcos MotoGP 4

Back