School shooting in Texas (shooter arrested)

Yes, because @Dennisch is suppose to fly to America and make sure everything gets fixed right? It was a stupid comment, regardless.
"Thoughts and Prayers" is the same dross that'll be spouted from the Whitehouse who do have the power to do something. That phrase changes nothing and isnt going to stop the next inevitable shooting.

"Thoughts and Prayers" is the same dross that'll be spouted from the Whitehouse who do have the power to do something. That phrase changes nothing and isnt going to stop the next inevitable shooting.
@Dennisch phrase wasn't meant to change anything, from the looks of it. Its a condolence offering, nothing more, nothing less.

Fairly sure that @Dennisch's post was sarcastic, and is actually making the same statement on the uselessness of thoughts and prayers.
Don't know him, so I can't say. I do know that @Turbo definitely tends to go over the top with his edgyness in other parts of the forum. So I commented.

I do know that @Turbo definitely tends to go over the top with his edgyness in other parts of the forum. So I commented.
For what it's worth, I'm of the belief that comments regarding one's posting habits in one thread ought to be left out of others unless the behavior is demonstrated to be pervasive in other threads in the same area. Likewise for one section of the forum as it relates to the forum in its entirety. I know you know that this particular individual and I have clashed "over there," so I'm by no means playing Devil's advocate here.

I share the presumption that Dennisch's comment was sarcastic, as he (or she, or whatever) has conveyed the same sentiment in the past, and Turbo's likewise sarcastic comment was in the same spirit despite whether original intent was known.

Aaaanyway...

I look back at my school life as being about the most worry free time ever, yeah exams pffttt.... but holy **** I can’t even imagine as an adult (let alone as a child) having to deal with ‘shooter drills’ and live with the very real danger of being shot while at school... it seems insane... despite sharing my language and originally coming from my country, America in so many ways, is such an alien place to me.

I hope they can do something to protect these children and let them have ‘normal’ school lives worrying about spots, boys/girls and keeping up with trends...

And whining about people saying thoughts and prayers is the same dross spouted by critics who conflate genuine feelings of sympathy and condolence with a lack of immediate action on a very complex issue.

And whining about people saying thoughts and prayers is the same dross spouted by critics who conflate genuine feelings of sympathy and condolence with a lack of immediate action any meaningful action whatsoever on a very complex issue that has been looming for decades.
Fixed.

I'm kind of annoyed nothing has been done about this.

Liberals say it's a gun control problem, but they can't do anything about it because the Republicans get high key triggered about the second amendment.

Republicans say it's a mental health issue, yet no one on either side sounds like they are trying to greater fund mental health services and studies...

I dont care what the issue is, but people in the government need to do something besides "thoughts and prayers"...

Republicans say it's a mental health issue, yet no one on either side sounds like they are trying to greater fund mental health services and studies...
They're being met with opposition, and the current administration's healthcare proposal kneecaps efforts.

Guys, look on the bright side, the fertility rate in the USA is the lowest since 1978.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...ar-low-sending-fertility-rate-to-a-record-low
Sure, but pro-life advocates are apparently winning, so it'll balance out when evil liberals have to stop killing babies by the barrel...

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...rtbeat-bill-deny-personhood-unborn/617429002/

Many solid conservative legislators worked hard to pass the heartbeat bill because it represented a departure from business-as-usual pro-life activism and a real step in bringing government up to speed with an American culture that increasingly rejects abortion on demand.

"Kurtinitis" sounds like a disease...maybe that's what's responsible for the fertility rate's decline.

Wow look at this cool guy. Kind of a crappy that you're trying to be this edgy here, maybe you should stick to the Cars in General forum.
Edgy or not, it's the truth. We need new legislation; empathy alone isn't cutting it.

Back