Screen bouncing on GT4!! WTH

• Thread starter exitspeed
  • 214 comments
It only happens at the begining like during the rolling start and on one course for about the first 5 seconds after the rolling start. Does anyone know what the deal is with this? Do I have to change some settings or something? It isn't my TV obviously because it happens at the exact same time, and my TV is a brand New Wega. Any idea's guys? Or is this a stupid glitch I will have to get used to? :indiff:

exitspeed
It only happens at the begining like during the rolling start and on one course for about the first 5 seconds after the rolling start. Does anyone know what the deal is with this? Do I have to change some settings or something? It isn't my TV obviously because it happens at the exact same time, and my TV is a brand New Wega. Any idea's guys? Or is this a stupid glitch I will have to get used to? :indiff:

More information is required.

Yes, its one of the bug from the Japanese version, looks like they didn't fix it for the NTSC-U/C version.

The easiest way to solve this problem is: Just play it in 1080i mode.(thats how I do)

If you don't have a HD TV, go get one its well worth it.

What version of the game are you running, and what version of PS2 are you running? Any modchips? Are you running anything other than the default 480i?

This was a glitch, at one point, but I was under the impression that they fixed it. They were well aware of it long before they finished the game. I have a documentary video here.. it's in Japanese, but you can see them pointing out the field reversal while they were going through their bug-fixing phase. I would assume they had fixed it. Especially seeing as how that was months ago.. they've had even more time since then to fix it.

From what I've read this problem shouldn't be present at all in the PAL release as it'll be running at fully optimized 50hz and not 60hz like the NTSC versions...if it's the same issue that I think you're referring to.

MasterRusty
From what I've read this problem shouldn't be present at all in the PAL release as it'll be running at fully optimized 50hz and not 60hz like the NTSC versions...if it's the same issue that I think you're referring to.

The "fully optimized" thing is for PAL only.. 60Hz/fps already IS "fully optimized" for NTSC. That's what NTSC is.

It happens to me too when the race starts...it also happens when I floor it in lower gears...
I thought it could be wheel hop but i guess it's just a bug

Yea, I'm playing it on my old PS2(big ol fat one) with no mod chips of any kind, and with RCA cables. Do you think if I run it with a S-Video it will rix this? If so I'll go buy one right now. But if theres nothing I can do about it other then buy a HD TV...I'll have to wait another year or so. By then I probably won't notice it...

MasterRusty
My point is that the problem is only there with the game in 60hz from what I gather. I know that NTSC games aren't optimized.

Of course it's optimized. For 60Hz. That how the game was MADE, you know. The only reason they even used the word "optimized" was to try to get the PAL folks to think they were getting something better in exhange for losing 10fps.

NTSC Optimized: 720x480x60fps
PAL Optimized: 720x576x50fps

As for the particular problem.. I'll believe it when I see it, in about an hour and a half.

Well I guess I don't grasp these concepts as well as I thought hey? All I have read is that the problem will not be there when playing in 50hz.

Not that it bothers me, been playing the JPN release since January and can live with it.

yeah i use component cables and still happens to me.. i told my friend from SCEA to fix that ish and they were aware but not sure why they couldnt fix it.. there was probably a reason why they couldnt... dependent code? who knows.. it doesnt bother me that much...

- A

9000RPM
You'll see it when you start the races. It only happens for 3-5 second at most.

well...I may not want to buy the game if I think it's annoying. Keep in mind I'm not a big racing fan so something would bother me. I'm just want to see if it would annoy me before I drop $50 on it. :indiff:

Reilly311
well...I may not want to buy the game if I think it's annoying. Keep in mind I'm not a big racing fan so something would bother me. I'm just want to see if it would annoy me before I drop $50 on it. :indiff:

Fair enough but it happens during the warm up laps not the actual races.

Guys, I had total skipping during the Intro. I had to press a button to skip it, it became so annoying... Any problems or skipping on intro??? I'm using a fat ps2, normal cables... Help!!!

Latest Posts

Back