Screw Gt World Championship

• Thread starter TheBeast89
  • 78 comments
Gt Planet should make a forum for whiners cause i need to whine cause this race is whooping my ass. im using my 787b and im loosing to that damn minolta. I have no clue what to do except re-racing so i get the sucky group of car. Well i wont bore you to death. hahaha

TheBeast89
Gt Planet should make a forum for whiners cause i need to whine cause this race is whooping my ass. im using my 787b and im loosing to that damn minolta. I have no clue what to do except re-racing so i get the sucky group of car. Well i wont bore you to death. hahaha
which race are you in

Well, the GT World Championship is considered by most to be the toughest series in the game (I wish GT4 had about a dozen more series equally as tough), and the Minolta Toyota is so unrealistically fast its basically a "cheater car".

When you get to 25% you'll unlock the Endurance Events. You win the Minolta car in the El Capitan event. When you get it, come back and try the GTWC again.

You can also search for "GTWC" and "GT World Championship" and read the many threads and posts on this series.

(And BTW, whining is permitted in any forum here at GTP...)

Yeah, I agree. Get the minolta from the endurance race and use it. What I did also was use the practice session before each race so I could get used to the track before I raced. The practice sessions helped A LOT.

Marsiglio
Yeah, I agree. Get the minolta from the endurance race and use it. What I did also was use the practice session before each race so I could get used to the track before I raced. The practice sessions helped A LOT.

Amen to that. I use practice to learn the track, learn my chances of winning or even placing in the money, and to tweak my settings to perfection (or at least as close to perfection as my tuning ever comes :P ). I just wish more races had practice/qualifiers.

hmm..i won this one pretty easy on b-spec with my sauber. try getting that first.
i also dont realy see what this has to do with settings.

TheBeast89

It's funny because when I used the Minolta Toyota it was the Mazda 787b that kicked my behind in the Hong Kong race. I'd won every other race, but I wanted Gold in all the races. I had to race the Hong Kong race at least twenty times before I won, and even then I had to not stop for tyres and the last lap was me driving around on red tyres trying not to spin the car. It was no fun what so ever and I have no designs on re racer that race any time soon.

Cheers, Jamie

In many races, the Minolta isn't the quickest car. On Tokyo, while it streaks into an early (AI) lead, it pits on lap 9 and is passed by the BMW LMR. On Hong Kong I've seen the Toyota 7 whip it.

In any case, the worst AI LMR cars, and thus the ones you should aim to race against, in the GTWC are the Bentley Speed 8, the Pescarolo and Courage C60s, the Audi R8. The R92CP is quicker than the R89C, but doesn't necessarily always beat it.

I used a stock R89C, with R2 front tyres and R3 rears. I pitted, where necessary at precisely 1/2 race distance - NOT when my tyres were going off and my laptimes started to suffer, so that I got the absolute best out of both sets of tyres with no wear-out period. I also used a fully-tuned CLK-GTR in my NTSC/J game, with similar pitting tactics.

TheBeast89
How Do you get the F1 Car? im using R89CP (Black Beautie) and won the first race pretty easily...
you win the f1.polyfony formula by wining the nurburing 24hour.hard work.i used the audi r8.

gtsr
you win the f1.polyfony formula by wining the nurburing 24hour.hard work.i used the audi r8.

how much of a life can you have by sitting in front of a playstation for 24 hrs...jesus...no affense...i just cant find the time.

TheBeast89
how much of a life can you have by sitting in front of a playstation for 24 hrs...jesus...no affense...i just cant find the time.
b speck it takes around 9 hours.and when you have a 10 year old son that loves the r8 i dont have to do anything.my son just kept checking the game every so often.

gtsr
b speck it takes around 9 hours.and when you have a 10 year old son that loves the r8 i dont have to do anything.my son just kept checking the game every so often.

good thing im 16...lol man i wish i had a son...lol

Here's what I did... It was a long long time ago in a land far away (like 3 months).

First I won the Stars And Stripes even in the American Races with a fully souped up Z06. (spoilers, turbo everything) What you win out of that is the Camaro LM Race Car - And win the stars and stripes one like 20 times, (I forgot if it's a production car race, the cars in it suck anyways your souped z06 should win easy, B Spec) I just won the Camaro 20 times, sold all of them, and then I had about 4.5 million to play around with...Go shopping :)

Im going to attempt it with the Jaguar XJR-9 (the old '89 LM car). It seems able to compete with the same AI cars in other races (ive done a few endurance races with it). Ive tried it (the GTWC) a couple of time with other cars, but I always find i fluff it up on the last lap cos my tires are shot and no AI car ever pits, damn them. Any thoughts guys?

i just did this race today, finally...

yesterday i did the el capitan race

today i changed the oil and bought super hards and hards for the minolta, then ran the races, admitedly, im not the best driver...

anyways, i won the first 2 races, placed 5th in race 3, won race 4, placed 3rd in race 5, second in race 6, won 7, third in 8, won 9, and second in 10.

i won half the races, and won the overall by 2pts over the playstation pescarallo, with the peugot 4 pts behind that...oddly the other minolta was in 4th, ahead of the jaguar xjr-9 and the bentley speed 8.

I found it superhelpfull to practice the races to set the gearbox, and also to use the right tires for the right race. I remember one race (i think the one with 18 laps) u ran super-hards, and was back nearly 30 seconds at lap 9. After that cars started to put, and my tires finally started to warm up, allowing me to take the lead in the last lap, so be patient. Another strategy i used on one race (one of the 11laps with a longer track) was to use hards, put on lap 8 (before anyone else), switch to mediums, and be running with near-perfect tires while everyone else was pitting/warming theirs up. Also, you can pretty much count on the lead car and perhaps the second car to pit at least once, except for the sarthe. In my race, the jaguar was out in front for the first 4 laps followed closesly by the minolta , but both would pit every race (except sarthe, which the jag won, the minolta took 3rd) and come in towards the end...So you dont neccesssarily have to drive like crazy to win, instead keep urself in 2nd or 3rd but close to the lead, save gas and tires by drafting and stuff like that, and then wait for the lead cars to pit or the final lap to take the lead.

im now going to go back and win the races that i came in 2nd or whatever, but i think im going to use the amg-mercedes clk-gtr race car, only because i have a ton of miles on my minolta and the amg's are easy come, easy go. If you plan right and use tires/pitting to your advantage, you should be able to win this race even if you arent using a super-fast car...

hope this works (oh yea, i used totall stocks settings)

alitwo1zero
Im going to attempt it with the Jaguar XJR-9 (the old '89 LM car). It seems able to compete with the same AI cars in other races (ive done a few endurance races with it). Ive tried it (the GTWC) a couple of time with other cars, but I always find i fluff it up on the last lap cos my tires are shot and no AI car ever pits, damn them. Any thoughts guys?

The Jag is not among the fastest of the Le Mans cars, and it eats rear tires, but players have won the GTWC with it. Give it a shot.

Zardoz
The Jag is not among the fastest of the Le Mans cars, and it eats rear tires, but players have won the GTWC with it. Give it a shot.

Yes, I won it with this car, it's ok and I had great races. Even if, like you said, the Jag isn't the best of the group c cars.
The first time I did it, I used my BMW LMR and it was fine too.

In my opinion, winning this championship depends more on your own skills than on the cars you want to use. I think all of the LMP - group C cars are able to win it, Famine and others proved it by using the CLK GTR which isn't the best of them, by far.
So I think winning relies more on practising (good knowledge of the tracks) and tactic (using the good tire combination, pitting at the good moment).

TAFKADY
Excuse me, did I miss anything??? Getting the Sauber C9 BEFORE completing GT World Championship?

ya. all u gotta do is win the Grand Valley 300km endurance. and to play endurance, you only have to have 25% of the game done. not realy sure what i used to win that race.... but it is definitly possible.

That's only possible in the Japanese or other Asian releases of GT4. In the North American NTSC and PAL versions, the Sauber C9 can only be won by completing the F1 Championship - in Extreme Hall, which you can only unlock by completing GTWC...

TAFKADY
Excuse me, did I miss anything??? Getting the Sauber C9 BEFORE completing GT World Championship?
Easily done. First you do the 24hours at Nurburgring with pretty much any tuned LM car. You get the Camaro in the American Hall in a fairly easy race, or the 350Z in the Japanese Hall in another fairly easy race. Win the F-1 at Nurburgring, and then compete in the F-1 Championship to win the Sauber. Truth be told, the Sauber really isn't the fastest of the big boys but is much more stable, and easier to drive. rk has some good settings for the Sauber here

JParker - the F1 Championship is in Extreme Hall. Extreme Hall requires the completion of Beginner and Professional Halls. This requires the completion of the GTWC FIRST.

Nissan Motul Pitworks Z (JGTC) was what I used. Just install a huge turbo and run R4's or R3's. I always used the practice to qualify. The races were always close so it's all about drafting and proper pit strategy. 👍

azr|el.RB26
Nissan Motul Pitworks Z (JGTC) was what I used. Just install a huge turbo and run R4's or R3's. I always used the practice to qualify. The races were always close so it's all about drafting and proper pit strategy. 👍
Old Geezer has a great "Write Up" also doing this series in the Pitworks Z.
az that is awesome. I've ran the series in the Skyline Concept GT-R with the least of Turbos myself. It too was a great run, very competitive. I'm working on the Zonda I finally won the other night. I'm working on settings and practicing with the car to get the feel. I'm entering individual races at the circuit and so far I'm able to come from the back and hang onto 2nd pretty consistantly. A little more practice and I'm off to the races.

Damn This R92CP is good but it needs to chill out...like it doesnt spin out but it isnt as fluent as i want it to be...i need some settings for it that have quick acceleration and good steering...

Back