Screwy Rendering of Impreza Names...

SportWagon

Premium
Canada
Punkeydoodles Corners, Ontario, Canada. (aka GT2t
The names of Impreza models get mixed up.

You'll enter a sedan in a race, and see the name listed at the top of the screens as WG, or vice-versa--you'll see a wagon listed as SD.

And yesterday I entered a race-modified Impreza '94 Sedan WRX and I saw it listed on the screen as [R]Impreza '95 Sedan WRX-STi ver.III -- the game doesn't even have such a car (a '95 ver.II only, and a '96 ver.III).

Even worse! That is how the name showed up in the replay index when I saved a couple of replays.

It seems to be mostly Imprezas which have these sort of naming problems. (Also some of them say SURARU instead of SUBARU on the tail of their race-mods).

I agree on the naming of the Impreza's, but I don't think it says "Suraru" on the race mod. I think it just looks that way because of the pixels, which makes it look like it says that. I've noticed this, but I do think it still says "Subaru".

How often do you look at the tail-view of the car?

I drive using that view--regardless of whatever others may think of that. :P

Originally posted by SportWagon
How often do you look at the tail-view of the car?

I drive using that view--regardless of whatever others may think of that. :P

I drive using the tail view, too. You're not the only one!

Regarding SURARU, it seems that the problem occurs on nearly all sedans, except the Special Model (Rally Edition), but not on wagons.

I did a quick, but not formal nor exhaustive, survey last night, and that seemed to be the pattern, Wagons race-mod said SUBARU, as did the Special Model, but all other sedans definitely had different lettering on the back and it seemed to say SURARU.

Times? My times never seem to be very good. But you'll find different good players use different views, each stating various reasons for their preferences.

Many people say the behind-the-car view makes up for the lack of "feel" you would get in a real car. Other say the behind-the-car view makes you tend to turn at the wrong time.

Back