Seattle and New York

• Thread starter One_of_You
  • 98 comments
I was just thinking about these two tracks about 20 minutes ago. New York was fun, and Seattle, that had always been in Gran Turismo for such a long time.

Another track I was sad to see not make an appearance is Midfield Raceway. :(

Seattle was a good 'un.

I remember cringing every time I approached the first corner on the Reverse version. I also loved the run off areas at the right angled corners...they helped to add a greater sense of flow to the track. I'll always associate this track with the roar of American muscle cars.

New York was pretty much pants. The margin for error is usually zero and being rewarded with a dull thud as you smack into the Armco gets old fast. There is also a profound lack of incline variations and mid-speed corners; further adding to the tedium.

I wouldn't regard either as being a serious omission compared to some of the other tracks left out of GT5, but I wouldn't mind giving Seattle a whirl again sometime. :)

Never a huge fan of New York, but I must have gone around Seattle thousands of times. Maybe not the best for simulating an actual race track, but sliding Muscle cars around it was too much fun.

If I had a vote for tracks to be added as DLC, it would go to Seattle.

I miss Seattle. I felt it was my home track because I live in Washington state. Even so I thought it was THE BEST city track of GT. In GT4 I just cruised around the level in pretty much all of my cars.

New York was meh to me. Those darn corners were tough and not very fun.

I think the Forza 2/3 version of the New York was more fun.

And Seattle might be a little different than how GT4 showed it. The Kingdome is now gone, for starters.

This is not a thread for discussing content you would like added to the game at a later date. If that if your wish, then please do so here.

New York was meh to me. Those darn corners were tough and not very fun.

I think the Forza 2/3 version of the New York was more fun.

And Seattle might be a little different than how GT4 showed it. The Kingdome is now gone, for starters.
Actually the Kingdome was imploded before GT3, PD just left it in though. lol

If you don't like the Seattle Full jumps, then they could redesign it to include part of the short course. It could end up looking like this.
seattleredeux.png

I also wanna see Rome Night back.

That looks horrible. The top section of Seattle was the best part to begin with, but that section that uses the old short circuit is terrible.

New York was the worst track in any GT game (or at least tied with Daytona Road Course).

Seattle was fun, even if unrealistic with the jumps. I miss Opera Paris. That was a great track for slower cars. The track was technical, slippery and was well suited to hot hatches and classic cars. Hong Kong would look awesome with the newest GT graphics but that track was average. I do love the narrow streets and the plethora of corners though. El Capitan was fantastic as well. Really good fun with a grippy car.

Motegi East was my testing course so I want that back too. It would be a good track to race Super GT on as well. Infineon is fine too, though not one of my favorites. Midfield and Apricot Hill are great tracks and GT staples so it goes without saying they are missed.

And of course SSR11... my heaven.

This thread is just making me sad at what GT5 is missing. :indiff:
Yes, another unexplainable loss.
Also, since SSR7 has got weather, why don't SSR5/CSR5 have it too? After all they share the same "theme", and maybe textures. Also there was already SSR5 wet in GT4.
SSR5 was wet in GT3, not 4. Tsukuba was the only wet track in GT4.

Hong Kong would look awesome with the newest GT graphics but that track was average. I do love the narrow streets and the plethora of corners though. El Capitan was fantastic as well. Really good fun with a grippy car. Midfield and Apricot Hill are great tracks and GT staples so it goes without saying they are missed.

And of course SSR11... my heaven.

This thread is just making me sad at what GT5 is missing. :indiff:
I read through the thread and find that I totally agree with Sagaris (off thread; I am a former TVR owner so maybe we have something else in common?). It is such a shame that GT5 has so few tracks, but El Capitan, Midfield and Apricot were the biggest misses for myself.

It does baffle me why tracks were left out... I don't think they would have needed much work, just higher level textures...

GT 5 could have had an EPIC track list... much easier than other racing games that make huge changes between installments...

I miss seattle immensely.

Big straights, great bends for stylishly drifting around, Great views in fact the best views.
Jumps for added complexity. knowing your going over them in your tuned muscle car, you know you have to be stright or end up screwed.

I'm 100% positive that my best memories of GT were spent in that muscle car race round seattle.

BRING BACK SEATTLE plz PD! in HD it would be truely jaw dropping.

What exactly is the logic of leaving ANY tracks out from previous games? They've already been built and modelled, is PD afraid of spoiling us?

Does anyone remember the other night track from gt4, was quite long and had a cool double hairpin. Remember doing an endurance race on it and having a race long battle with the mazda 787 with my nissen r390 gt1 race car.

Also miss seattle, midfield and the crazy rally track that wound up the hill through a series of hairpins then back down again.

Much as i love GT5 the most disappointing thing is that lots of tracks from previous gt games are missing. Honestly i wasnt expecting that much new from Gt5 i just wanted it to be a celebration of all ther previous gran turismo's with all the tracks, cars and features that we loved.

All in all though the game still steals 3-4 hours of every day from me!!!!

Does anyone remember the other night track from gt4, was quite long and had a cool double hairpin. Remember doing an endurance race on it and having a race long battle with the mazda 787 with my nissen r390 gt1 race car.
The only circuit that matches your description from GT4 is Hong Kong, but it was run at dusk and there wasn't an endurance race on it - but it was a round of the GT World Championship, an 18 lap race that would have seen cars like the 787B and R390 racing on it.

Otherwise, you may be referring to Special Stage Route 11, which was very long, was run at night had plenty of hairpins and the odd endurance race, but it only appeared in GT1 and GT3 with a few changes between them.

I think I miss all the tracks from GT4 which didn't make it to GT5.

Do you remeber Citta di Aria and Costa di Amalfi:indiff:

The only circuit that matches your description from GT4 is Hong Kong, but it was run at dusk and there wasn't an endurance race on it - but it was a round of the GT World Championship, an 18 lap race that would have seen cars like the 787B and R390 racing on it.

Otherwise, you may be referring to Special Stage Route 11, which was very long, was run at night had plenty of hairpins and the odd endurance race, but it only appeared in GT1 and GT3 with a few changes between them.

Thanks interlude. it was special stage route 11 i was thinking off although i was sure it was in GT4 however it has been 3 years since i played it so i could easily be mistaken

Sometimes gt just becomes one big happy blur :)

I loved Seattle on GT4 - Easily one of my favourite tracks, and it was great for testing car set-ups. New York was rubbish btw (imo etc).

Besides Seattle GT4 had the best GT game tracks to date in my opinion, and I cant understand why they didnt include at least two or 3 more original (new to GT4) tracks in GT5.

El Capitan was the best «original» track I ever raced in any game and the one I miss the most

There are three courses that should come back. Seattle, Test Course, and Pike's Peak. Those are the most memorable courses for me. Seattle was one of the best drift and test courses. It has long straights, sweeping turns and is very technical. The test course for high speed. Pike's Peak is one of the oldest races in motor sports. It is a staple for any gearhead.

Back