• Thread starter Duke
  • 26 comments

Duke

Keep 'em separated
Staff Emeritus
United States
Midlantic Area
GTP_Duke
OK, I'm not attentive enough to make the amazing observations that Der Alta and some of the others do. But here's my shot at one:

Seattle Enduro
My car: Evo VI RS, heavily modded - 430hp, Stage III lightweight, 6 spd (set to #25), full race suspension. Stabilty Control=1, TCS=2. Total of about 100,000cr spent on the car including retail purchase.
Strategy: Medium Slicks, pit after laps 8, 16, 24, and 32.
I actually bothered to qualify because I wanted to tune the car setup. I started in 3rd.

Competition (in start order): AC Cobra, Viper GTS, me, Corvette GS, Mustang SVT, Camaro SS.

GO: The field spread out fairly quickly. The Cobra ran away from the pack and disappeared. The Viper and I were evenly matched, and traded 2nd back and forth for a few laps. In the meantime, the Cobra pitted after 2 or maybe 3 laps, so the Viper and I were then trading the lead. The Viper pitted at 5 laps, widening my small lead. I pitted after 8 laps, allowing the Viper to get back in front of me. I made a righteous pass in the right hander at the top of the hill on lap 9, and took the lead for good.

The Cobra was inhumanly fast on fresh tires but pitted constantly, which eventually put him in last place. The Viper was my closest competition and hounded me for a while. I could gain about 2-3 seconds per lap on him, plus he pitted every 5 laps, which steadily widened my margin. The Corvette GS pitted every 8 laps like I did but was usually 20 seconds behind me in 2nd or 3rd. I don't know when the Mustang or Camaro pitted but it was probably every 6-8 laps. My tires seemed to wear off blue right away, but the stay at green~>yellow for 6 laps or so. I pitted after 8 laps with the back tires light orange and the fronts dark orange, except once I had made a big mistake and cooked the fronts to red.

I lapped the Cobra on lap 20, and the Camaro SS around lap 28.

FINISH:
Evo VI: 1:10:45, best lap 0:1:40, avg. about 0:1:45 including pit stops.
Viper GTS: +0:0:53
Corvette GS: +0:1:13
Mustang SVT: +0:1:15
Camaro SS: +0:1:47 (down one lap)
AC Cobra: +0:1:55 (down one lap)

I won the Tommy ZZII road car, which looks to be awesome for the Super Speedway Enduro. I haven't driven it yet but I'm eager to! Sorry this isn't as thorough as some of the other writeups but it's late and I didn't take notes...

Very Nice. This goes into the Notes Vault that I have been collecting. When I get the chance to run this endruo, I'll be able to review it.

Kudo's for attempting this in the Lancer. the previous two times that I've run this, I did it with the F094/S. Even the cobra couldn't keep with me. Never took notes either.

Excellent work. What you didn't note your best lap? ;)

Thanks,
AO

Originally posted by Der Alta
Excellent work. What you didn't note your best lap?
My best was 0:1:40.20 or so. On fresh tires I was running 0:1:41 consistently, without driving particularly cleanly. I could do better. On dead tires I was running about 0:1:47 or so.

Next time I'll try to take better notes :)

I still have this enduro to do. I like Seattle anyway though. That is a good write-up in my opinion.

Anyone care to give me suggestions on a car to use for this race? I could take notes and try to do a write-up for y'all..... Throw me some ideas!!

Good notes, except eithe rway im gonna probably use my f090/s that i won in the super speedway enduro. :)

Oh hey, whats the easiest way to get the f686/m? anybody know?

Originally posted by captainkirk
Anyone care to give me suggestions on a car to use for this race? I could take notes and try to do a write-up for y'all..... Throw me some ideas!!

Thanks. I just didn't have the detail that some others like Der Alta provide.

I really like my tuned Evo VI. Light weight and high power make it a good choice for a twisty run like Seattle. I'd recommend that, if you have one. It was not a total blowout until at least halfway through the race, which made it fun. The Evo is getting crushed on the Speedway, though.

Originally posted by captainkirk
I still have this enduro to do. I like Seattle anyway though. That is a good write-up in my opinion.

I've done it in the C5r and the Poly001. Both fine cars for the task.

Just general interest. People ask the same questions over and over: How do I win this? What car should I use? etc. etc.

So why not just post the information once and let people who are interested read it?

That was my thoughts exactly. I've seen many questions about the Vtiz Race, the FF professional and the F1 series. I did these and wrote a fairly extensive write-up and posted the results.

it becomes alot of reading, but can be quite helpful. As many people wouldn't think that you could race the Lancer in the Trial Mtn. Enduro, and the Seattle enduro.

AO

I will probably end up using an F1 car for the enduros I can used them in, just because I am lazy and want to complete them as quickly as possible. I was just asking suggestions of a good challenge. I may take up the offer from someone. :sleep:

The reports are good. Plus eventually GTP will be able to create a definitive play guide that is the result of all these people putting in all their knowledge. It will rock!

Yo captain dont use the F1 to do the enduros, it will be to easy no fun trust me youll win with anyother car you dont need to abuse your power. :)

*bumpity bump*
This was getting old so I'm adding a TTT post to get it back on the radar screen.

Hey, I think you did a pretty good job of summarizing your race. All the important stuff is there, so it should give folks a fair idea of what they're up against. :)

I still think Seattle is some sort of divine punishment set against me, but nonetheless I've had a Z06 sitting untouched in my garage for this race alone. So So hopefully the info that both you and Der Alta have provided will help me keep the annoyance level of this track to a minumum.

You're right about your observations:
What color was the Cobra?

seriously though: Very good write up.
I am currently going thru the Polyphony cup for the third time. I am
a.) trying to do it on more equal footing. I'm using a Lotus Esprit this time and have only beaten the daylights out of the competition on the SSR5-II. I had over a minute on the NSX in second. Because I found the line and ran it consistently, and I pitted at 12 laps and only had to pit once.
b.) am trying to Get the f094/S to round out my collection. I have the other five already.
c.) trying to prove that I'm not a bully and don't need the Toyota GT-One to win this comp.
I also think it would be easy in the Viper.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate it. I've taken some great info from this forum and I like to give back what I can.

Gil, the Cobra was silver with red stripes, I believe. And as I said int he Rumble Strip, deepest sympathy to you.

Thanx duke you are one sharp cookie.
Now I have to bring up the quality of my write ups to keep up with you and Der Alta.

I'm trying to remember what I did the Seattle enduro in - whatever it was it had real directional stability problems over the jumps up the hill (much early braking required!). I have a feeling it was a TVR Speed 6 ... no, a Griffith 500!

Look's like the compedium has made an impact Der Alta!

Good job neon_duke! You should give yourself more credit!

Peace,

Boom

Had a quick look at my notes on the Griffith in this Enduro. Can't really add anything to the observations already made by the 'Duke regarding the AI but here's my results:

Pitted - Once (Lap 20) (Running T2's)
Best Lap - 1:33.378
Total Time - 1:04:21.745
Average Laps (no traffic) : 1:34/35's

Lead Over Closest AI - 4 laps (Z06)

Best Overtake - cleanly slipped past the Z28 in the 'canyon' esses just after the railroad tracks - I turned inside his line as his back-end bump-steered him out of my way.

Prize for Most Irritating AI - the Z06, line-swopper extraordinaire(I'll swear he was bribed to block me!)

Worst Incident - ping-pong ricochet off one barrier head-on into the wall next to the Pit Lane (tried to take a lunge into the start/finish straight on full acceleration and misjudged my turn in; must be the first dead guy in a splintered wreck to win Seattle!).

Like I said, no real value added here (except maybe a grin at my crash!) but I wanted to let the 'Duke know people are taking an interest in his work.

Well, thanks! That original post is kind of old (it was the second enduro I had ever run) and I was much newer here at the time. It's just been dragged out of the basement with the creation of this new forum. Thanks for the support, everybody! And Sukerkin, there is definitely added value here. The more data we have on real-game car performance, the better!

In retrospect, I think I could have done much better and pitted less frequently. When I've had 'first helpings' of more of the game I'll probably revisit the race and the writeup.

:lol: about Sukerkin's wreck! The Rogaine 'Hair-raising Pass Of The Day' and Maaco "Uh-oh" awards are fun. I'll try to remember to add those to my next writeups.

I did this one the other night, started out with the Nismo Skyline GT-R S tune with about 480 HP which proved to be too fast, I was like 30 seconds up after 8 laps. So I skipped out and jumped into my RX-7 RZ that I won in the amateur Japanese series. It had 428 Hp the way I had it setup and I was still a little fast on qualifying (around 1’40” lap and I needed to be about 1’43”) so I dumped off some mods down to 381 hp. I was afraid to go any lower because the next jump was like 40 hp down. I was still a little faster than I wanted with a 1’41” ish lap to qualify in 2nd behind the Cobra, and a second or so up on the Vette Z06, Viper, and Mustang. These 3 would prove to be the most competitive AI and all ran right together down to pitting together every 7 laps.
Well off to the races and once again I had the pleasant surprise of being faster than I thought I would be. The trusty Mazda just handled so nice that I just kept turning faster laps and managed to turn one in the low 1’37” range and consistent 1’38” and 1’39”s with good tires. I ran mediums and pitted every 8 laps, and lap times were a little slower for the 1st two after and last lap before pitting. Anyway I ended up lapping the 3 fastest AI just before they went in for their final (lap 35) pit, so I finished a lap +20 or so seconds ahead of the 3, 2 laps up on the Z28 and 3 up on the Cobra. Total time was 1:09:xx so I had a few pretty slow laps that brought down the average to around 1’44” including pits. In retrospect I would like to go back and do it with the 340-ish HP setup and see what happens, especially now that I’ve learned some lines that greatly improved my lap times.

Back