Senna's content on brazilian car magazine

Another 'gameplay' video from brazilian press (credits to Kapoow! site)

Main Menu:
XqUuD3k.jpg

Interface:
d10g7HS.jpg

F3 cockpit view:
1lU0idu.jpg

Lotus (3rd person view):
1M68dH7.jpg

Cockpit view in Monza' 80s (?)
i5tbbiy.jpg

Apparently, I can spot the Gran Turismo 6 Version number in the first shot. I think it says 1.08, but it's not entirely clear. And if it wasn't the full game I bet the player wouldn't be in the '13 Viper and have all the rest of the things on the menu. Including the "New" mark on the VGT dealer..

Don't forget people that there possibly won't be a 1.08 update. The Senna content is already there thanks to the 1.07 update. There might be just a small in-game update to simply unlock the Senna content. Could be done either way really, since a 1.08 will have to be released soon with the VW GT concept.

I believe only some data and info about the cars, tracks and tribute are there, the cars and tracks are not there and would likely come via update or the PSN store.

well, I found another post, made by a blog inside globoesporte.com (the biggest sports portal in Brazil) about the Senna content. It contains some odd things I'll point out below:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/blogs...t/senna-na-lotus-no-kart-e-no-video-game.html

"Já está confirmado que a próxima atualização do game, ainda sem data definida, trará o Ralt-Toyota RT3 que deu a Ayrton Senna o título da Fórmula 3 Inglesa em 1983."

"It is already confirmed that the next update of the game, without a defined release date, will bring the Ralt-Toyota RT3 that gave Senna his British Formula 3 championship in 1983."

"Algumas das McLarens pilotadas pelo brasileiro também deverão estar disponíveis, além do tradicional circuito de Interlagos, na versão já com o S do Senna, adotada depois da reforma realizada para receber o GP do Brasil de 1990."

"Some of the McLarens driven by the brazilian may also become available, as well as the traditional Interlagos circuit, in its version with the turn named Senna's S, adopted after the renovations that took place before the 1990 Brazilian GP."

Now, I'd take this with a pinch of salt. This may be due to the rampant speculation we've seen here at GTP (myself included), but Globo is a company that not only is trustworthy, but it is also one of the biggest and earliest partners of the Ayrton Senna Institute.

But what I found most odd was his statement saying that the Ralt F-3 would come in a later update. I believe this might be referring to the car's availability in the Dealership, which means that at least for now we'd only be able to drive it inside the Senna Challenge.

well, I found another post, made by a blog inside globoesporte.com (the biggest sports portal in Brazil) about the Senna content. It contains some odd things I'll point out below:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/blogs...t/senna-na-lotus-no-kart-e-no-video-game.html

"Já está confirmado que a próxima atualização do game, ainda sem data definida, trará o Ralt-Toyota RT3 que deu a Ayrton Senna o título da Fórmula 3 Inglesa em 1983."

"It is already confirmed that the next update of the game, without a defined release date, will bring the Ralt-Toyota RT3 that gave Senna his British Formula 3 championship in 1983."

"Algumas das McLarens pilotadas pelo brasileiro também deverão estar disponíveis, além do tradicional circuito de Interlagos, na versão já com o S do Senna, adotada depois da reforma realizada para receber o GP do Brasil de 1990."

"Some of the McLarens driven by the brazilian may also become available, as well as the traditional Interlagos circuit, in its version with the turn named Senna's S, adopted after the renovations that took place before the 1990 Brazilian GP."

Now, I'd take this with a pinch of salt. This may be due to the rampant speculation we've seen here at GTP (myself included), but Globo is a company that not only is trustworthy, but it is also one of the biggest and earliest partners of the Ayrton Senna Institute.

But what I found most odd was his statement saying that the Ralt F-3 would come in a later update. I believe this might be referring to the car's availability in the Dealership, which means that at least for now we'd only be able to drive it inside the Senna Challenge.
Well, Globo is really a trustable source regarding news, let's hope they are right about it.
Nice find bro! 👍

Eh... I'm not believing it until I see some source.

If they're right about the Ralt, I'll believe them a little bit more about the McLarens, but I highly doubt they're coming, unless Simraceway and McLaren are feeling generous.

This guy from globo knows nothing about GT series.

Doesn't he mean 'next' update? As in the one that's coming now?

It's because that video was made up from pieces from another 3+ minute video with a journalist talking through it. Whoever made the video only took the individual pieces where it showed gameplay and edited them together. No reason to keep the sound since it would just be chopped up half sentences, with no audible gameplay sound anyway.
Thanks.

Here's some wild speculation;

What if the licensing issues that have caused this delay are to do with the McLaren and / or F1?

They may not have been able to advertise or mention it in the build-up due to liabilities if it didn't come off and it wouldn't have been included in the last update for the same reasons because they knew it could be "found"?

Hmmmm? :D

Cheers,
Amateur1.

Here's some wild speculation;

What if the licensing issues that have caused this delay are to do with the McLaren and / or F1?

They may not have been able to advertise or mention it in the build-up due to liabilities if it didn't come off and it wouldn't have been included in the last update for the same reasons because they knew it could be "found"?

Hmmmm? :D

Cheers,
Amateur1.
Those wouldn't be regional licensing issues.

Hmmm... Globo is not a very good source on automotive stuff... even worse for gaming but as they said the partnership with Ayrton Senna Institute will be a long term collaboration I think we may have these in the future if they can sort out the licensing issues.

Nothing more than speculation for now... sounds like. But interesting find anyway, thanks for sharing! 👍

I expect Interlagos tho... for 2015.

I had a conversation with the owner of Simraceway prior to GT 6 release and the Senna topic was brought up long before I knew of the GT 6 tribute. It was a conversation about licensing and I was told that no McLarens would be sub licensed out. They are approached weekly by nearly every racing game so its a regular topic for them.

Of corse if Sony offered enough money that can always change things (like MS/EA Porsche) but it's not likely to happen without a strong ROI. And the Senna content is dlc, not a back of the box bullet point prior to release.

So I'm not at all surprised by the current content, future content could be vapor wear if its dependent on a brand.

But we in the game industry and other creative media are actually quite resourceful. For instance there are grey areas in licensing, Pcars are explointing many of them. If Sony went to Honda, licensed a prototype/test or muel car, didn't use the McLauren name... Or something along that path, interesting things could happen.

Given the lower sales of GT6 I think anything big like that will be saved for GT7, not DLC. They could market it as Senna content part 2, part of GT7 on disk.

I would be fine with "fake" McLaren if they can't afford it - name it "LarenMc" or whatever.

"A car inspired by legendary McLaren MP4/4 with very similar specs and body(shape some details differently)"

Would that be fine licensing wise ? Would that fall into "grey area" ?

I would be fine with "fake" McLaren if they can't afford it - name it "LarenMc" or whatever.

"A car inspired by legendary McLaren MP4/4 with very similar specs and body(shape some details differently)"

Would that be fine licensing wise ? Would that fall into "grey area" ?
I don't think they'd have to be that specific. Even something generic like "a purpose built race car built to 1990's specs with lots of power and less downforce than a modern racecar" would be enough. Anyone who gives a hoot would figure it out soon enough.

Back