Series Race Problems

• Thread starter Supra4eva
  • 25 comments
Hi, Have any of you ever noticed the problems with the championships. Especially the Pro World Champ, and the Pro Allstars etc...

With those largescale series races.... there are a few points that annoy me so much about your car.

1). The oil warning light. yes that little light comes on after 300KMS or so, and then you can't change the car's oil until you have finished the championship. Therefore not bering very good for the engine. Technically the oil should be able to be changed betweene each race as a Real Team would do it. This better be solved in GT4.

2). The MOST annoying one of all.... Your car... it's clean, it looks like the Dog's Boll*cks. Looks great when it's clean and you start the champaionship. After a few races, you're car is filthy. there is no shine to it at all, and on the replays, you're car looks crap compared to the AI cars, because theyre all brand spanking clean,lol. I hate watching a replay and looking at my filthy car... I think you should be able to clean your car between races too... lets hope THIS is also solved in GT4.

If anyone else finds these things annoying, and thinks they are a problem. Speak up.

:banghead:

I think the oil thing could just be solved by a choice in pit stops, either you could pit to have a tire change, or pit for minor work, which would take longer of course. As far as the dirt level's. It doesn't bother me that much.

I agree, changing the oil during a race isn't realistic, because in real life it is done in between races, not during a race! I agree there should be some way to change the oil during a championship in GT4, though. I don't really care if my car is dirty, as long as it doesn't hurt your performance.

Well the CARS lift into the air magically and their tires don't change but they become cold. I don't think that something like that is as far fetched as flying cars.

the good ting about point one is that the AI dont get to change thier oil either :)

I dont think they should worry about the carwash in gt4 :/

The whole oil/tire/wheel thing is a little weird.

You can only change your oil & wash your car at the wheel shop. That's just dumb.

But then what else can you do at the wheel shop? You just buy the wheels. Isn't that strange that the wheel shop isn't where you change your wheels, it's just where you buy them?

You can change your car's wheels in your garage without using up a race day, but you can't change the tires or oil in your garage. Why do I have to trust the morons at the wheel shop to change my oil? I don't like them touching my cars!

And then I can't change parts or tires in my garage, I have to start a race. That's really weird. It really sucks, because what if you want to enter a race that requires dirt tires? You can't enter the race until you change your tires, but you can't change your tires unless you enter a race. You have to go waste a race day changing settings before you enter the rally.

Imagine this actually happening in real life:

"Hey, buddy! Why'd you show up at Monaco with dirt tires? You can't race with those here, asshole!"

"Well, you see, my garage is pretty worthless, so I couldn't put the slicks on back there. I thought I'd just wait till I got here and have the pit crew take these muddy things off for me."

"Oh, but you're not changing your oil before the race?"

"No worries! The guys at the wheel shop took care of that for me!"

There should just be an option for oil change/car wash at the same screen where u can save ur game and press NEXT to go on to the next race in the series. I think it can be done.. nothing too difficult for PD to do. But I dont really care anyhow...

I've never noticed my cars ever getting really dirty, even the rally cars...:odd:

Originally posted by ving
the good ting about point one is that the AI dont get to change thier oil either :)

That's because their odometers get reset after every race; which is why they don't need an oil change.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ving

they dont have to... at the start of every race they have 0.0km's (miles) on the clock, so they never ever need an oil change (check your replays if you dont believe me)

I know what you mean on the filth thing, I have a replay I saved where I wiped out the JGTC with the C-West Silvia at Tokyo R246 (man my heart was pounding at the hairpin on the last lap! :D ) and it really sucks to see my car all dull. That was such a close race, gotta love it. :cool:
As for the oil thing that's even more annoying, some races at the end of some Championships are just brutal to try and win because you have like 150+ hp less. :irked:

I agree with the above. I would like the opportunity at the pit stop to be able to change the type of tires I'm running. In LeMans 24Hours, at each pit stop you can save your game, fuel up the car by percentage-so there is a 'weight penalty' and a 'time penalty' for filling the car to 100% capacity. You can also choose hard, soft, intermediate, and rain tires as the weather often changes right in the middle of a race.
Granted the load times in LeMans suck! But I like those features. Especially being able to pit in the middle of a 6-hour race, and save the game.

I don't think it's that much of big deal. I don't know why you guys are so bothered by it.

Oh well, to each his own.:D

I'm not bothered by it too much, it's just that it's not fair that the AI cars get there mileage reset after every race, so that later on in a championship, they have more power than you.

I agree, I am sure there is no race series in the world where oil changes are forbidden between stages / rounds (go on someone, prove me wrong:D ).
I also agree that you should be allowed to change tyre compound.
Let's hope GT4 has a workshop attached to your garage!

Okay... Here's a good one :D

How come going to a drag strip and trying out two cars - a VW Beetle and a Dodge Viper - on the same 1000m stretch for the same test of your braking abilities takes more time (2 days) than driving 10 long, arduous F1 races at places as far apart as Seattle, Rome, the Monterey Peninsula, Tokyo and Monaco (1 day total)?

In the words of Alex Shrub, congressman for Vice City, "Answer me that and I'll show you a green dog".

Originally posted by Gil
I agree with the above. I would like the opportunity at the pit stop to be able to change the type of tires I'm running. In LeMans 24Hours, at each pit stop you can save your game, fuel up the car by percentage-so there is a 'weight penalty' and a 'time penalty' for filling the car to 100% capacity. You can also choose hard, soft, intermediate, and rain tires as the weather often changes right in the middle of a race.
Granted the load times in LeMans suck! But I like those features. Especially being able to pit in the middle of a 6-hour race, and save the game.
So Gil, would you say this game is worth getting? I'm thinking about it.

Originally posted by milefile
So Gil, would you say this game is worth getting? I'm thinking about it.
Since you've played GT-3 the graphics won't impress. The load times will apall you. (I mean start to load a race or qualifier, go to the bathroom, with a magazine, do your business. Come back and you'll be just about ready to race.) Actually, load times of 2-3 minutes are not uncommon.
But some of the "extraz" Will get you hooked.
There are a variety of tracks that aren't in GT3, and that are very challenging.
There isn't the variety of set-ups you can do to the cars. You can choose from 4-5 types of tires, which you can change during a pit stop as track conditions change. You can specify how much fuel you put in your gas tank from 50-100%. You can specify whether the car is geared for hi-accel with lower top end. Higher top end with slower accel, or intermediate which is often the best of both worlds, You can also choose whether your engine is set up for sprints, endurance, or in-between races.
You don't have a "garage" per se, but as you win series, more cars become available. Often they are "team" additions of cars you might already have, only with a different number, or mildly different primary set-up.
Some of the enduros have time limits, 10-min, 24-min, and 240, min for LeMans. and Petit LeMans. You run as many laps as you can in the alloted time. Track conditions can/will change during a race. I have started races on intermediate tires, and finished on rain tires.
Overall, it's good for a break from GT3. The controls are similar so you don't have to relearn the controller. Best of all the game is on the cheap rack. My son bought it for me for my birthday. I doubt he spent more than $20.
See if you can find it rental first though, as the load times are the main reason I don't play the game much now. They may not put you off. And the gameplay itself is worth the wait, if you have the time to spare.

Yeah, LM 24H is a good game, but the load times really killed me...they were seriously over 5 minutes practically each time...:irked:

I would love to see the cars getting as dirty as they do on WRC II, even after asphalt races, and inbetween series races, you can wash the car, repair the oil (you should also be able to do this in the pit stops during the race...;))...:)

I don't think you need to be able to change oil at a pit stop, but you should have the opportunity between certain races. A button should show up in the menu between the 3rd and 4th race, offering the option of an oil change, then again after the 6th or 7th race. (This way you can run the qualifier before each race to properly set up your car for the race.)
I do believe that you should be able to change your tire compound at a pit stop, and perhaps, your gear ratios.
However, the more complicated the thing is you want to change, the longer the pit stop.

Latest Posts

Back