Setups for '67 Shelby Cobra 427

I'd like to know what your guys' setups are for the '67 Cobra 427. And for the Seattle Full Circuit. It's been a long time since a drove a stock Cobra, but from what I can remember it understeered like hell, and oversteered if you hit the throttle to hard or too early on the exit of the corners. I'm particularly interested in damper settings (I think I have both Bound & Rebound on 4) as mine is pretty soft and bounces all over the place and is hard to control when you go up the hill at seattle (the one that steps up 3 or 4 times) and doesn't particularly like it if you hit the kurbs to hard. I'm also interested in ride height, gearing, pretty much the whole setup

I kinda like that setup, as thats how they handled for real. Heavy but responsive steering (thanks to the big 427 mounted pretty much directly on top of the steering/front suspension). A particularly skittish rear end, especially when braking (again thanks to the big engine mounted up front [Weight Transfer] aided by the massive power and torque sent to those fat rear tyres. 👍
So my setup is pretty realistic, and you have to drive it quite carefully, slowing before the corner, and powering around it to transfer the weight to the rear aiding traction, just like the real thing!! It's very interesting to drive around seattle on worn tyres :ouch: .

Shelby Cobra 427 '67
normal tire

Modification:
FC suspension
Brake controller
FC LSD

Spring rate: 8.0/12.0
Ride height: 125/125
Shock bound: 1/10
Shock rebound: 1/10
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.00/-0.20
Stabilizer: 7/1

BBC: 1/24
LSD: 56/1/1

This car tailslide a lot. Stable enough compare to elise...... very enjoyable :), I drive many lap just to see it bounce around smoothly :).

edit: softer spring
1:32 at seattle full course on supersoft tire with my bad driving skill :P.

Thanks for that. Surely there are some other people who have good setups for it. I'll post my setup later, when i have a chance to get on the PS and write it all down. I have all the goodies for the car, Fully customized suspension, brakes gearbox, ASCC, TCSC weight reduction, but no power increase. My settings are pretty much the same as they were when first fitted all those goodies, with a few minor tweaks to the gearbox, and a few tweaks to supension (particularly spring rate, stabiliser, and dampers) to get the car to turn.

Sucharo's setup is good. You should go with that. Just make sure that you don't put too much horsepower into it, or it's impossible to drive.

Yes, I do know about the horsepower thing. I'm somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to the Cobra (the real car anyway), and I own one so I know what and what not to do in terms of horsepower and engine.

Though I wouldnt say putting to much hp into it (on the PS) makes it impossible to drive. I have a number of them on the game. One has had no modifications to the engine, some others have minor mods, and the last one is tuned to the max.

Back