Sharing Your GTHD Driving Replays

• Thread starter Nameless
  • 29 comments
I'm not sure if this was already posted, but I wanted to ensure you all are aware that you can share your GTHD replays. The first step is to save the replay to your PS3 hard drive once the file is saved simply select the copy option and save the replay to an external card source (i.e. SD, USB memory stick, Memory Stick ProDuo, etc.)

View the files from your PC and you will see a folder named PS3 and a sub folder named SAVEDATA, the replay folder files will be located in this folder. I suggest uploading the entire PS3 folder/subfolders structure to a file sharing site. (The replay files can only be viewed via the PS3!)

If you want to view the files on your PS3 you need to keep the entire PS3/SAVEDATA/ file structure and save the files on an external card source (i.e. SD, USB memory stick, Memory Stick ProDuo, etc.) Insert the external memory source into your PS3 and go to the game/Saved Data Utility and select the external memory source. If everything is done correctly you will see a thumbnail of the replay file. Press triangle and select copy, the file will be copied to your PS3 hard drive. Once the file is saved on your hard drive go to the GTHD demo and select replays the same thumbnail should be listed and you can now play the file...

The process is somewhat arduous, but it's cool that you can actually allow others to view your replay runs. Enjoy! 👍

It'd be nice to be able to send the replay file directly to a friend online on the PS3.

Sony is actually working on this as we speak, and I'm positive that by the time GT5 is out, this will be a popular feature that it will support. Phil Harrison has already spoken about this.

If you save a replay to the Memory Stick Pro Duo with the adapter,can you then watch it on the PSP.Anyone tried this?

If you save a replay to the Memory Stick Pro Duo with the adapter,can you then watch it on the PSP.Anyone tried this?

i think it's not in any kind of universal format...it's only viewable through the GTHD replay theater.

if they started formatting it in Mpeg or AVI or whatever then it would be playable on any other normal player.

i think it's not in any kind of universal format...it's only viewable through the GTHD replay theater.

if they started formatting it in Mpeg or AVI or whatever then it would be playable on any other normal player.

And it would be a much bigger file. As it is, GT Replays are not saved as videos. They are saved as the microsecond by microsecond actions of the driver. It pretty much saves every single input given and then uses that data to drive the car on the exact course that you did.

I have four replays on my computer now, let me get them hosted and I'll give you a link.

Edit: If any of you need a host, sign up at www.mediamax.com. The free account gives you 25GB of storage!! I'm waiting for my replay files to be processed, then I'll have them available here. Until then, its CS:S time.

Yes, I'm double posting.

Here is a zip file of the four good replays I have, not going for any big scores, but just having some fun. In order of filename, its the Celica, Evo, 599, and R32.

I'm not sure but you may have to sign up for the site to download them, but its something worth registering for anyways.

http://www.mediamax.com/ebiggs/Links/ECBBE2F3E9

What do you need to play those?

A PS3 and GTHD. ;)

Edit: Thank you Nameless.

Edit2: MrP510, no you won't be able to watch it on PSP. These are replay files that can only be read by GTHD, just like the replays of any other GT.

I hope a way is found so that the video can be uploaded on to the internet and watched :)

Visit http://gt.hobby-site.com for GTHD Rankings and replay videos!

Currently, the site has links to YouTube videos for 57 out of 60
(10 cars x 6 categories) best time/score replays.

The site master wishes to record and upload the 3 gameplays left,
but he can't do that because those 3 are European replays,
which he doesn't have a way to capture as mpeg files.:ouch:

And, the site master happens to be me.:sly:
If you have any suggestion, it would be appreciated.💡
If you can upload or send me the replay videos,
I will be happy to add the links to my website.👍

Thank you!👍 👍 👍

And it would be a much bigger file. As it is, GT Replays are not saved as videos. They are saved as the microsecond by microsecond actions of the driver. It pretty much saves every single input given and then uses that data to drive the car on the exact course that you did...

I believe they did that with GT4 as well. That explains the tiny file sizes when you saved the replays on your memory card.

It would be nice if you could record your replay to a universal format. This would then allow anyone to watch/share these videos with friends who don't have a PS3.

Visit http://gt.hobby-site.com for GTHD Rankings and replay videos!

Currently, the site has links to YouTube videos for 57 out of 60
(10 cars x 6 categories) best time/score replays.

The site master wishes to record and upload the 3 gameplays left,
but he can't do that because those 3 are European replays,
which he doesn't have a way to capture as mpeg files.:ouch:

If you can upload or send me the replay videos,
I will be happy to add the links to my website.👍

Thank you!👍 👍 👍

How have you got them on to YouTube like that? Its does not look as if you have recorded the screen?

Please don't advertise your site here. Feel free to put a link in your sig, but don't make posts advertising it.

Please don't advertise your site here. Feel free to put a link in your sig, but don't make posts advertising it.

I just wanted to let people be aware that there is a way to watch world's top ranking replay videos,
but I apologize if I broke the rule here.:)

How have you got them on to YouTube like that? Its does not look as if you have recorded the screen?

Well, my PS3 is hooked up to a DVR, which records the replay in MPEG2.
I copy the MPEG2 file to my PC via wireless LAN, I cut extra portions using MPEG editor software, and I upload the file to YouTube.:)

The problem is, if you want to get European GTHD v2.0 to work on PS3's sold in Japan (or US as well), you have to set the display mode to 1080i, 720p, or higer.
And if I set my PS3 to one of those hi-res modes, my DVR can't record it.
I think we have a PAL vs NTSC problem here.:ouch:

I just wanted to let people be aware that there is a way to watch world's top ranking replay videos,
but I apologize if I broke the rule here.:)

Don't worry about it man. I appreciate that you take the time to update the worldwide rankings and keep the all time scores, since they get erased every week. I think I've posted a link to your site up also 👍

how do i save the replays, and what onto? can i save them onto my USB memory stick or anything? i have no clue how to send it to my computer through my wireless LAN.

also, how do i watch the videos that members have posted? they're .DAT files on my pc, none of my players (QuickTime, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, iTunes or DivX) recognise the file type...?

help much appreciated... thanks.

You have to record the replay directly using a video camera, or tv capture card in your computer (or like GTHDC did it).
The .dat file just holds the data to reconstruct the replay using the game itself.

Well, my PS3 is hooked up to a DVR, which records the replay in MPEG2.
I copy the MPEG2 file to my PC via wireless LAN, I cut extra portions using MPEG editor software, and I upload the file to YouTube.:)

The problem is, if you want to get European GTHD v2.0 to work on PS3's sold in Japan (or US as well), you have to set the display mode to 1080i, 720p, or higer.
And if I set my PS3 to one of those hi-res modes, my DVR can't record it.
I think we have a PAL vs NTSC problem here.:ouch:

Anyway I can record directly to my video camera, put that on my PC then upload?

What's that for? What did I do that was wrong?

Would Renault like it if you went into one of their garages and started telling their customers to go the Ford garage down the street?

The guy wasn't on here promoting his website in competition with GTP, he was just stating the fact that he owned the site. He's only providing a service that's not available here, so I didn't see the point in you slapping his wrist. It's just the same as that link to your site in your sig.

If he'd posted up something like "hey guys, come use my GT forum instead of this rubbish GTP site", then I could understand it.

The guy wasn't on here promoting his website in competition with GTP,
He was promoting his website, by making reference to it in his first 2 posts, which is not allowed. It does not matter if it is, or is not, in competition with GTP. Advertising in posts is not allowed.

It's just the same as that link to your site in your sig.
No, its not. Links to other, personal sites are allowed in signatures. He now has a link to his site in his signature.

GTHDC was fine when the site rules were explained to him, and there was no warning or infraction handed out. There is no need for you to keep on going on about it.

...GTHDC was fine when the site rules were explained to him, and there was no warning or infraction handed out. There is no need for you to keep on going on about it.

Well I'm sorry to "keep going on about it", but I just wanted to make my point.

Back