Shark Port Help for a Newbie

• Thread starter HKS_KiD
  • 28 comments
Hey all, i just bought my shark port yesterday but i dont have a Game Shark, do i need a game shark and if not then how do i get the program to run properly, every time i start my comp and PS2 and load the discs the PS2 says insert a valid disc format and the computer terminates the Shark Port application, so, please tell me what i need to do, thanks alot.

(( ((HKS_KiD)) ))

No, you dont need a gameshark for a sharkport to work, I dont have a gameshark, but I have a sharkport. Make sure you are putting the correct disc in the right place. I had accadentally put the PC disc in my PS2 once...

I got the shark port installed on my comp and when i try to read my memry card it says comunacation error and then the program terminates, and the PS still wont read the disk, still says PLEASE INSERT A PLAY STATION OR PS2 format disk:banghead:

Do U know anyone that has a PS2 U can try your disc in? The problem may be with your PS2 laser, or U might try returning the Sharkport for another one.

OK, here is what I do. I connect my PS2 to my computer. I put the PS2 Sharkport disc in my PS2 and I put the Computer Sharkport disc into my Computer. I turn on my PS2 and wait for it to load up fully. I open the sharkport program on my computer and select the 'Memory Card' tab at the bottom and 'Check' the box next to my GT3 save and select 'Backup file'. Thats how I do it. Maybe you overlooked something...

I just bought this PS2 brand new last week, but i migh as well get the lense cleaner for future use, going to get my new disk tommrow, and if i get it, Palm Tree, i want some of your hybrids and a save game or 2 so i can see what you got:D

mother 🤬, you god damn 🤬 sucking 🤬 mother 🤬, I just went and bought the lens cleaner and got my new disk, tried the disk i didnt 🤬 work so then i used the lens cleaner then tried it again and i still doesnt 🤬 work!!

I have a new playstation and the X Port disk is a blue back is this why it wont work, but i have other games that are blue back and they work just fine and should i send my PS2 back for another one?? maybe my laser is crap and cant read X port PS2 disk, im a so 🤬, please help!!:banghead:!!

Have U tried getting support at Codejunkies.com? If not, go there and PM a mod in the support section, maybe they can help U.

That's a good point, although I was under the impression that he bought it at a store, so it should be for the right reason. Also, the problem could be that the PS2 is brand new. Just a thought, but Sony has a nasty habit of changing the console so the cheat discs don't work.

on the code junkies forums they a couple of people had the same problem and the disk is incomplete thats why a new PS wont read it they have the new X PORTs on their site so im going to order one of them:D

I was hoping someone could send me a pm containing the directions of exactly how a sharkport works and maybe any further directions they could spare.
thanks.

A Shark Port enables you to use your computer basically as a memory card, and there are programs so u can modifie your saved games such as gt3 and play those modded saves that were on your comp, put them on your memory card and use them, Its basically a Save Station so u can have 1 memory card but have how ever much space you want to your on your PCs hard drive.

Back