Sharkport reliablity?

• Thread starter roos
  • 4 comments
i need a new mem card, so i figured i would just get a sharkport instead, however someone told me that sometimes it can make screwed up backups that will end up not working later when u try to load them. is this true? have any of u ended up losing a save because the sharkport didnt backup correctly?

I personally have never had a problem with it. I has always worked fine for me.

But Talentless, seems to question it's reliability as he has had some issues with it.

Ask him!

From my own personal experience, anything not made by sony, will eventually not work like you hoped. I have seen a generic (as in no name) memory card that would save just fine, but you could not load no matter what you tried. I have seen an interact memory card that worked flawlessly and held 2x data, but you had to put in a CD every time you turned on the PS2, then select 'start game' then change CD's (which is a total drag.) The only thing I ever plugged into my playstation that was not sony, was the MADCATZ steering wheel. No surprise, it sucked. I borrowed it from a friend, and it felt like a cheapo Taiwan toy. I spent about 20 minutes in and out of the analog settings screen on gt2 before I called my boy and said 'if you dont come get this stupid wheel, I am going to throw it into the street.'

Back