Shelby Supercar

• Thread starter phreakypat
  • 47 comments
I don't know what to make of it. It screams different things.

Attachments

• profile-800.jpg
    profile-800.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 302
The front screams "I wanna be an Enzo". Interesting...
Here are the specs:
Type: Aluminium Block and Heads (V-8)
Displacement: 378 cu.in./6187cc
Bore x Stroke: 3.898 x 4.00"
Compression Ratio: 9.5 to 1
Horsepower: 782 bhp @ 6600 rpm
Torque: 635 lb./ft. @ 5800 rpm
Redline: 7200 rpm
Fuel Injection: Electronic Sequential Port
Fuel: Premium Unleaded - 91 Pump Octane

Attachments

• shelbyfront.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 272
Hmm... ok... I take it back... although I think it's screaming I want to be an Saleen S7. I was looking ok from the side but no, thanks for playing. Actually this car looks confused... it's trying to be an S7 and Lambo.

Originally posted by VipFREAK
Hmm... ok... I take it back... although I think it's screaming I want to be an Saleen S7. I was looking ok from the side but no, thanks for playing. Actually this car looks confused... it's trying to be an S7 and Lambo.

Yea definetly. The rear end (side shot) has a simalr S7 curve. It does look like an S7 mixed with Euro style. Its not too bad looking tho.

years ago i used to love it when supercars came out (like the diablo and jag XJ220), now new super car concepts are everywhere

no, what are you on about?

where did i say they have to look like a S7 or XJ220?

Jaguar_XJ220_side.jpg

s7_1.jpg

murcielago.jpg

meh.. They all follow the same lines. But isn't it called the 'classic wedge' shape? I dunno, there seems to be too many supercars out there, and too many wanting to copy the Enzo's nose.

definetly has the overall form of a diablo, even the door cuts. looks like the same windsheild too. me thinks its built on the diablo frame :odd:

Any idea who designed this? They didn't do too good of a job IMHO. They used the "supercar cookie-cutter". Basic aerodynamic shape and added a basic and bland design. No soul, just basic "This headlight shape is nice, let's put it here". Take a look at the Zonda. Every line goes into another one. It is a brilliant design...

they say it on their site that they arent affiliated at all with Shelby. No false advertising at all.
As for the design, the profile is different from Saleen, with only a very small resemblance in the overall shape...As for the front..Enzo it aint. You are on crack if you see enzo here. I barely see Diablo in the frontalshape, with perhaps Ascari healdights, but as far as enzo, no its completely diferent. the rear does look like a Koenigsegg, Saleen S7, Spectre R42 mix a bit. Overall its pretty unique.

Like I said before, yes the components are unique, or else it wouldn't be there. BUT the SHAPE is completely cookie-cutter supercar. Same with that Honda supercar shown in Tokyo. Took out the supercar temlate and drew in random stuff that didn't have anything special about it. There are no curves that meet, there are no lines that collide... IMHO, this is a very amateur design.

Originally posted by eliseracer
Like I said before, yes the components are unique, or else it wouldn't be there. BUT the SHAPE is completely cookie-cutter supercar. Same with that Honda supercar shown in Tokyo.
If you mean the HSC, that is a fantastic design, and doesn't copy other cars.

Originally posted by eliseracer
Like I said before, yes the components are unique, or else it wouldn't be there. BUT the SHAPE is completely cookie-cutter supercar. Same with that Honda supercar shown in Tokyo. Took out the supercar temlate and drew in random stuff that didn't have anything special about it. There are no curves that meet, there are no lines that collide... IMHO, this is a very amateur design.
true, but this car seems to focus much more on its engine than its design...sort of an Enzo performance for Diablo price.

Originally posted by live4speed
If you mean the HSC, that is a fantastic design, and doesn't copy other cars.

Shape, man! SHAPE!

The uniqueness of it design is... where? Take a look at the side window... Then take alook at the Enzo's side windows... I see a striking similarity. The SHAPE is the boringest, standard wedge supercar. Effective aerodynamically, yet no advances in technology, most supercars since the Diablo use this shape...

PicFetch

PicFetch

Okay so the sidfe windo is similar, but the HSC is more different to other supercars than you might at first think, especially at the rear. Th front lights are new, the way the shoulder runs along the side isn't the same as other supercars, and when you say it uses that cliassic wedge shape, how do you wan't a supercar to look, like a pickup truck? I don't think theres that many shapes not already used in another car, most new shapes are for people carriers and mpv's ect, shapes that arn't practical in anyway for a supercar.

Audi and Bugatti seemed to fnd a good new, attractive supercar shape. Chrysler tried, but IMHO had the ugliest design in world.

Trust me man, I know quite a bit about design for a kid my age... I'm hoping to be the guy doing the new shapes in a couple years...

Oh BTW the shoulder reminds me a lot of a Radical or Westfield... I'm not saying this design is ugly or undesirable, it's just nothing new or creative. Oh and if you look at the rear, I'd say they should have made it a bit taller, the back slopes downward a bit too much, doesn't give it enough muscle... I've seen some of the idealistic sketches of this car, and those look quite nice. I guess they just opted for a different final product. I've also seen the HSC's headlights somewhere before... Either one of my designs or the Farboud GT.

Back