Shirrako got banned on YouTube for a RDR2 gameplay video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slovakia
Slovakia
dawko-san
Yep, our own @Shirrako got banned on YouTube for a RDR2 video where he kills a feminist. The video went viral and people loved it. It was really funny I saw it myself when it was up. Now the video is down and Shirrako is banned.

I mean it’s just a gameplay video for god sake... The world is so oversensitive it’s crazy. There are so much worse and harmful videos on YouTube but this guy get’s banned because some SJWs mass-report him...

Anyway, here’s a good video about it.

I'm not defending the video but this seems like an overreaction when people like Logan Paul and PewDiePie (Who have both arguably done much worse) continue to work even if YouTube have more or less disowned them. I'm betting this was a calculated take down. And whoever orchestrated the takedown, I'm not defending them either. Clearly this is a case of one person being singled out. Perhaps we should put the blame on Rockstar for this one. They're the ones who allowed people to do this. They're no stranger to controversy like this and can probably absorb it much more than an individual uploading gameplay videos.

I don’t have the game but I assume the character that was the feminist was portrayed as over the top, right? That’s usually how Rockstar writes out characters where they’re clearly a specific type of person, but they’re act so far beyond how one would assume that it obviously becomes a joke.

So, I’m guessing the issue is how he portrayed killing the character?

And to think this made parents, teachers and politicians go up in arms back in the day.
GTA 1 was banned in some countries (Brazil and briefly the U.K. among others) and parents protested the game, I recall reading something about protesting parents even standing outside the developers HQ with signs,
telling them to please think of the children.

How far we've come since then.. oh wait. We've gone backwards.

I don’t have the game but I assume the character that was the feminist was portrayed as over the top, right?
Actually not so much, RDR2 is less comical than GTAV for example.

His reaction here:
anuYLUL.png

Shows he either didn't get it, or deserves it.

What's to get? You really think he deserved it?
He especially targeted the feminist character in the game and uploaded more than a dozen videos how to kill her in the most gruesome ways possible. What's there not to get? Crying about "SJW's" is just icing on the cake.

Actually not so much, RDR2 is less comical than GTAV for example.

His reaction here:
anuYLUL.png

Shows he either didn't get it, or deserves it.
I would imagine he just doesn't care to be honest.

This is person who is part of the community here but would use peoples photos that they took without so much as giving a nod to them. I realize that these digital imprints are not owned by anyone but the creators of the game and he can do whatever he wants due to fair use policies, and he used that as his reasoning, but is just a kick in the face to anyone that he decides to take them from. His attitude about it was just ridiculous.

He especially targeted the feminist character in the game and uploaded more than a dozen videos how to kill her in the most gruesome ways possible. What's there not to get? Crying about "SJW's" is just icing on the cake.
I don't see the problem. Can you explain why you think it's wrong to kill characters in a videogame designed around killing characters in the videogame and then record it for the world to see?

I don't see the problem. Can you explain why you think it's wrong to kill characters in a videogame designed to kill characters in the videogame and then record it for the world to see?
The game is not designed to do this. It actually even encourages feminism, anti-racism and anti-white-supremacy.
You really don't see how especially picking out a feminist character is problematic?

This is person who is part of the community here but would use peoples photos that they took without so much as giving a nod to them
Very sympathetic.

The game is not designed to do this.
Here is where you are wrong and everything else after doesn't matter. The game is designed to allow the player to do whatever they want. It's the nature of the open world RPG style character action game. Killing her in different ways is literally replay value.

To add, if you disagree with this then you are clearly pushing a personal opinion/value on the topic. That's not a bad thing, but it is what it is.

Here is where you are wrong and everything else after doesn't matter. The game is designed to allow the player to do whatever they want. It's the nature of the open world RPG style character action game. Killing her in different ways is literally replay value.
Having the possibility and using the possibility and making a theme out of it are two different things.
It's like freedom of speech, say whatever you want but there can be consequences and you have to live with them.

I agree with the ban.

He specifically claims the ban was because "It promoted violence" as seen in his tweet.

Yes, you have the ability to kill them in game. You have the ability to kill other people. But he clearly frames the videos in a negative way toward the feminists.

Apparently we cannot kill a feminist in the game. It’s totally okay to kill children and other gore stuff in a satanic game Agony, about hell.

Look in the comments of this video. No one's talking about wanting to kill people. it's a game!

But take a look at some of the comments on the reuploads:

unknown.png

upload_2018-11-7_15-45-31.png

upload_2018-11-7_15-45-57.png

upload_2018-11-7_15-46-14.png

is this not promoting violence??

It's like freedom of speech, say whatever you want but there can be consequences and you have to live with them.
But you can still say them. That's the point.
I agree with the ban.

He specifically claims the ban was because "It promoted violence" as seen in his tweet.

Yes, you have the ability to kill them in game. You have the ability to kill other people. But he clearly frames the videos in a negative way toward the feminists.

Look in the comments of this video. No one's talking about wanting to kill people. it's a game!

unknown.png

View attachment 778809

View attachment 778810

View attachment 778811

I can see you don't have a dark sense of humor. Those people are all joking. It's a video game and people like to dick around.

I agree with the ban.

unknown.png

View attachment 778809

View attachment 778810

View attachment 778811

Dude! It’s a VIDEOGAME... It’s where people can free their minds from boring lives and do stuff that’s not normal...

Literally tree’d ^

Actually the point of freedom of speech is that you can't be imprisoned for saying them. It doesn't guarantee you the use of a private company's platform to say them, and Youtube closing someone's account because they don't like the content they posted is not a free speech issue.

And thus:

200.gif

Dude! It’s a VIDEOGAME... It’s where people can free their minds from boring lives and do stuff that’s not normal...

Literally tree’d ^
While true, there are just some things that you shouldn't be uploading on Youtube :lol: He poked for a reaction, and he got one. While I don't really care either way, I do find it funny.

I can see you don't have a dark sense of humor. Those people are all joking. It's a video game and people like to dick around.

Literally tree’d ^
Some "dicking around" goes too far and YouTube, or its algorithm, agreed. I wish it would do that more often.

In the current political climate, I definitely believe some of them are very serious in their comments.

Sure, you can be weird and do awful things. But spreading it online and promoting the same violence is definitely isn't the right thing to do.

He's definitely promoting violence. Especially with the very negative titles that he gave the videos.

e3e650e.png

He especially targeted the feminist character in the game and uploaded more than a dozen videos how to kill her in the most gruesome ways possible. What's there not to get?
That doesn't sound particularly odd in the context of youtube gaming videos. I know that in the Elder Scrolls Oblivion, there is essentially a running gag on killing "The Adoring Fan" as brutally as possible. I've not watched the Red Dead video, but on the surface it doesn't sound very different from jokes that develop in other games.

Well all the quotes refer to the game character only, who doesn't matter as she's not a real person.

As far as the idea of promoting violence goes, I really don't like holding people responsible for other peoples' actions. Unless a video uploader specifically requested violence against real life people, I wouldn't them accountable for someone reenacting their video in reality.

In the current political climate, I definitely believe some of them are very serious in their comments.

Sure, you can be weird and do awful things. But spreading it online and promoting the same violence is definitely isn't the right thing to do.

He's definitely promoting violence. Especially with the very negative titles that he gave the videos.

e3e650e.png

27M views and still up :) same for other xxxx videos like that. Tell me how is Shirrako’s video worse than this?

#NPCLivesMatter

Really though, it's a game that's based around violent behavior. People getting upset over it are just looking for a way to complain about something. If you don't want to view violent content, then don't view violent content. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

That doesn't sound particularly odd in the context of youtube gaming videos. I know that in the Elder Scrolls Oblivion, there is essentially a running gag on killing "The Adoring Fan" as brutally as possible. I've not watched the Red Dead video, but on the surface it doesn't sound very different from jokes that develop in other games.
It wasn't just one video, but several, as shown above and the context is more important than the content.
And like mentoned, I wish YouTube would be more strict.

27M views and still up :) same for other xxxx videos like that. Tell me how is Shirrako’s video worse than this?
Context.

It's not promoting this same degree of violence as Shirrako's videos. No one is saying they want to do this too. Unlike Shirrako's videos where many of the comments demonstrated people wanted to harm others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back