Short-term storage space for my Fanatec and its stand

Hello everyone,

this is not a 'hardware issue' per se, but I've been having this problem for quite some time now and I think it was time to get your guys ideas/solutions, etc.

I live in a fairly small apartment (90sq m with 2 rooms), so space is tight. I am a huge fan of racing, and love my 'rig' (?) which is essentially Fanatec PS4 (+shifter +pedals) on a wheel stand pro (from now onwards to be called a 'set'). I play in the living room, on my 65" OLED, unfortunately , most often without my rear speakers mostly - which I have to connect every time my 4y old is not around, because he is running like crazy inside the house. So, the 'set' sits in the living room, covered with a sheet. I am thinking about racing every.single.day, but can only manage to play once or twice a week.

So the 'set' is just lying there inside the living room - wife complains, and I don't like it either - but it's not like I can store it anywhere else! And 'storing'... although wheelstand pro allows you to fold it, I never do. I would hate not to be able to find the correct position, nor have it loosen over time, let alone, whenever I find this small amount of time, I want to connect and play.

One final thing is that I have some empty space at the moment to create a new custom piece of furniture, maybe to accommodate the wheel inside of it at the bottom.

So, here I am, looking for ideas, concepts, photos of your solutions! Bring it on guys!

Hello everyone,

this is not a 'hardware issue' per se, but I've been having this problem for quite some time now and I think it was time to get your guys ideas/solutions, etc.

I live in a fairly small apartment (90sq m with 2 rooms), so space is tight. I am a huge fan of racing, and love my 'rig' (?) which is essentially Fanatec PS4 (+shifter +pedals) on a wheel stand pro (from now onwards to be called a 'set'). I play in the living room, on my 65" OLED, unfortunately , most often without my rear speakers mostly - which I have to connect every time my 4y old is not around, because he is running like crazy inside the house. So, the 'set' sits in the living room, covered with a sheet. I am thinking about racing every.single.day, but can only manage to play once or twice a week.

So the 'set' is just lying there inside the living room - wife complains, and I don't like it either - but it's not like I can store it anywhere else! And 'storing'... although wheelstand pro allows you to fold it, I never do. I would hate not to be able to find the correct position, nor have it loosen over time, let alone, whenever I find this small amount of time, I want to connect and play.

One final thing is that I have some empty space at the moment to create a new custom piece of furniture, maybe to accommodate the wheel inside of it at the bottom.

So, here I am, looking for ideas, concepts, photos of your solutions! Bring it on guys!
Have you considered the Playseat Challenge?

Its what I use as I also don't have the luxury of a fixed set-up, it easily remembers your position and despite looking a little like a floppy garden chair, is in fact absurdly stable as it uses your own bodyweight to keep everything in place.

I made something similar for my first "set" years ago. Just have to pop the wheel off and set the top on.

Nice.. thanks for sharing! this is exactly the kind of ideas I am looking for! Unfortunately, this would not fit my case, so, looking forward to more good ideas!

Latest Posts

Back