Shots Fired at Oxford Street - London

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 11 comments

DQuaN

Goat of the Year
Premium
United Kingdom
Ealing-London
News just breaking and apparently is being treated as terror related.

I'm dubious about the terror though as there is and always has been gun crime in London and to date, guns have not been used by terrorists in the UK (in the recent history of terror attacks that is).

...Unless the shots fired were from police officers at terrorists, but then I would have thought that would already been known. The "Shots fired" ambiguity suggests that they do not know who the shots were fired by.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42117311

Sucks. Keep safe to all the Brits.

Europe needs to find its balls and do something about all this crap, enough is enough.

It being Black Friday the area is going to be jam packed and difficult to evacuate everyone out. I really hope is isn't something serious although Police are treating it as a serious incident. Reports of lots of Police vehicles attending the scene.

Edit - Police have released a statement...

'No evidence of shots fired'

The Metropolitan Police says in a statement:

"To date police have not located any trace of any suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties.

Could it have been some noise that sounded like gunfire that caused a panic?

Police have stood down their response and the three tube stations that were closed during the incident have now re-opened and trains are running normally.

Looks like a false alarm. 👍

Quite. Backfiring cars are a terrible thing. Probably a Muslamical car.

Not at all, you can post what you like within the AUP.

Good it just a false alarm. Luckily it isn't like the concert bombing or bridge killings.

Are you projecting your own fears? there is no terror in Poland bud. I'm safer than any of you.

Mkay, you've got a lower life expectancy though.

Meanwhile a tiger is (was) loose on the streets of Paris and 253 people were killed at prayer in a mosque. Could be worse :D

Kind of an indication of the hysteria people live with...a car backfires and the first assumption that people make is it's a terrorist attack.

Total speculation here, but I'm going to guess that the people who were most convinced they heard gun fire are people who probably have little to no exposure to live gun fire.

Apparently it started with an altercation between two men who Police want to question, eight people were taken to hospital with minor injuries sustained during the mass panic of everyone fleeing.

Police were praised for their quick response, counter-terrorism Police weren't involved.

Back