Should I buy a wheel?

• Thread starter Cosmique63
  • 78 comments
Thanks for all the advice:-)
I bought this
337A4DEE-A603-47F1-8311-1F86BC60BB7F.jpeg

I didn't read the whole thread, but yes. As long as you are serious and want to get better. It takes time but it is worth it. Took me a good 2 years of practice to get where I am and I am using a g29. I also have met my best friends here so it makes it that much better.

Damn. I wish I had room for a playseat. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. They're actually quite affordable. BTW. How the hell does a seat like that fit into a box that small? Is it foldable?

There is also the Playseat challenge. its foldable, and I think most people could have room for it.

Its pretty good although it dosent look like much. Also has the benefit of no bar between the legs.

I could make room for a full setup, but went with the Challenge, because I also like to keep my room Minimalistic, clean and well designed. Really love it :-)

There is also the Playseat challenge. its foldable, and I think most people could have room for it.

Its pretty good although it dosent look like much. Also has the benefit of no bar between the legs.

I could make room for a full setup, but went with the Challenge, because I also like to keep my room Minimalistic, clean and well designed. Really love it :-)

No way. I had no idea this existed. This would actually fit into the same space I keep my wheel now (I have a Wheel Stand Pro). But how "roomy" and how sturdy is it? I'm not an average guy sizewise (194 cm, 120 kg). Also, quite long limbs. :lol:

Last edited:
@BaareCZ

I used to have a wheelstand pro.

IMO the playseat challenge is like 100 times better compared to the wheelstand.

You seating position is way better than sitting in a regular chair with the wheelstand and the wheel in and ankward position, its a lot more stable compared to the wheelstand. It may not look that way. But belive me once you sit in it it is very stable and comfortable.

I am 196 CM and weight about 100 KG. I was my self a bit skeptical before I bought it. Thinking maybe I am to tall or heavy, and it does look a bit cheap. But after I got it I love it. Its rock solid.

I never fold mine, as I have room for it in my office room. I just dont wanted to have a big iron monster in my room. As I am also a bit into design and want my room to look good, clean and minimalistic.

Anyway I am not sure about 120 KG. It may be ok. Maybe ask around in the forums. There is tons of people here on GTP who are enjoying the Playseat challenge. You can also find some youtube videos with people reviwing it.

@BaareCZ

I used to have a wheelstand pro.

IMO the playseat challenge is like 100 times better compared to the wheelstand.

You seating position is way better than sitting in a regular chair with the wheelstand and the wheel in and ankward position, its a lot more stable compared to the wheelstand. It may not look that way. But belive me once you sit in it it is very stable and comfortable.

I am 196 CM and weight about 100 KG. I was my self a bit skeptical before I bought it. Thinking maybe I am to tall or heavy, and it does look a bit cheap. But after I got it I love it. Its rock solid.

I never fold mine, as I have room for it in my office room. I just dont wanted to have a big iron monster in my room. As I am also a bit into design and want my room to look good, clean and minimalistic.

Anyway I am not sure about 120 KG. It may be ok. Maybe ask around in the forums. There is tons of people here on GTP who are enjoying the Playseat challenge. You can also find some youtube videos with people reviwing it.

I concur, also have a playseat challenge as my first seat and I’m amazed how comfortable it is, I was a bit sceptical too at first thinking it’d never be solid enough but I’ve sat in it for hours as the time just flies by racing with a wheel and although there is a tiny bit of play it’s not noticeable when you’re chucking cars into corners..for a first seat set up I’d highly recommend it

No way. I had no idea this existed. This would actually fit into the same space I keep my wheel now (I have a Wheel Stand Pro). But how "roomy" and how sturdy is it? I'm not an average guy sizewise (194 cm, 120 kg). Also, quite long limbs. :lol:
I'm not sure how roomy they but you're under the weight limit for this product and with these sorts of limits they're usually pretty conservative 👍.

111.png

I concur, also have a playseat challenge as my first seat and I’m amazed how comfortable it is, I was a bit sceptical too at first thinking it’d never be solid enough but I’ve sat in it for hours as the time just flies by racing with a wheel and although there is a tiny bit of play it’s not noticeable when you’re chucking cars into corners..for a first seat set up I’d highly recommend it

I was very sceptical too even with everyone telling me it was a great product. It didn't take long once I started using it to notice just how amazing this seat was especially for anyone that needs the room when it's when not in use.
I have spent over 6 hours straight on more than one occasion playing GTS in my Playseat Challenge without any issues.

18 month Challenge review: I'm too tall (6'7") for it and too bony to sit too long in it without padding. A cushion under my arse to stop it being too bucket like and an inch of upholsterers foam on the back helped as the original padding died long ago.

With the way the frame works, it's hit and miss on a perfect driving position but you can find something close to it and if you can, prop the pedal bar up on something to about 30 degrees. It straightens your legs a bit more and makes things a bit more comfy, but for me, the chairs a torture device after a couple of hours. Guaranteed back and knee ache.

Personally, I've had enough of squashing myself into it and looking at the Evolution instead. They're down to £230 now and it looks like it'll fold down to the same size. The middle bar doesn't look like an issue and it'll be nice to flex by back and legs again. Something I can't do in the Challenge without getting out of it.

Back