Should I get it?

I totally recommend Gran Turismo! Don't have high expectations going into it and you won't be disappointed. I played GT1 forever before I got GT2, but despite my six-month total GT2 infatuation I still play GT1 almost as often as it's sequel. It has a fraction of the cars and even less races, but it's still just as fun as GT2. See if you can get it used from a game resaler or something. I would pay $20 for it, but I knew GT1 before GT2. Maybe $10 is a better goal.

It's been decided foo! You're going to buy this game.

What to expect:

Poor Graphics
Less cars
Less races
Worse AI
Poor physics
less tracks

Less liscense tests
Excelent gameplay
Easier to start a new game
A 900+ HP 3000GT(GTO)
Gear charts
Opponent list
1 disk(you don't have to switch disks to play arcade mode)
Jumps in tracks on arcade mode
An extremely challenging SS-R11
Better intro video(my opinion)
Spot races for begginners

Are you convinced now?

I agree with Dudebusta here, I wouldn't go out and buy it brand new, but if you can get a free or dirt-cheap copy of the game, go for it. The graphics are slightly better but the licenses are hard as all **** to get, especially IA and there isn't the greatest variety of cars.

The graphics are slightly better? :odd: Better than what? Donky Kong? Yeah. GT2? You're high! Cruisin' USA had better graphics than GT1! GT3's graphics blow GT2's out of the water, but GT2's have still got GT1's graphics beat without question.

If you like GT2 or GT3 you should definetely get GT1 too. Though the sequels beat it in every department, it's still a great, fun game and there's lots to do in it.

Find it at Blockbuster Video or some such, rent it first. Then decide. I still play occasionally. But truth be known, GT3 is miles better.
I prefer GT2 for some things. Like HP limits. A truly sortable garage and slightly easier lisence tests.

i would buy. By the way, graphics in GT1 is better. I don't like the colours, but mostly it's better. Everyone should remember hi-fi mode & lookin' at cars in garage or shops

AI is a little better than GT2, in my mind. But nothing too amazing.

Less sandbagging, if you stink.

And getting away from a spin in a fast car is virtually impossible....1mph....2mph...3mph...4mph...5mph...6mph...7mph....then 30mph...!

buy it.
i got GT1+GT1v1.2+gt2+gt3 and GT1 still like my favorite.

is the game start it all.

btw the best and most preciated game in my entire collection.

A MASTER PIECE

Whats this about only get it if you can get a free or cheaper version?? :confused: 20 bucks over owning the best racing game ever created?? :confused:

Sorry but there is no question about whether to buy gt1 or not if you love gt2.

Are graphics everything? no.
Is AI the most important thing? no.
Does every other part of the game absolutely rock? Yes.

Back