Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,298 comments
Bought and read a number of books recently. This isn't even all of the ones I've bought lol. Still have to read It's Not Like It's a Secret, but all the other ones have already been finished. I highly recommend Nottingham and One Last Stop. The Gilded Ones is also really good, but definitely Nottingham was my favorite of the bunch!
View attachment 1016903 View attachment 1016904 View attachment 1016905

Oooh I think I'll add those to my ever growing wishlist lol. If you like the medieval fiction genre - (especially the Robin Hood legend) - have a look at Angus Donald's The Outlaw Chronicles.

Highly recommend his take on Robin Hood.

He also just started a Viking series, the first book is out now and it's called The Last Berserker. I'm looking forward to reading it.

You spread a thin layer of butter on toast, then slather a huge chunk of Vegemite over it. No other way to have it.

I thought it was a given O_O I do this with almost all spreads, salty or sweet :D

WAIT WAIT DEFINE "huge chunk".

Last edited:
medieval fiction genre

To add to this, the Shardlake books are freakin’ awesome. Can’t remember the author’s name but it’s basically like Sherlock Holmes mixed with Jack Reacher set in the Tudor period.

One of the best books I’ve read recently in this genre is The Pillars of the Earth. It’s a hefty ready but equally as enthralling.

What is going on in this thread? Do I have to amend the title?

You have to remember that it is pure organic crap with organic a label and stuff. And when you buy stuff from Aman Prana, you support workers in poor 3rd world countries.

View attachment 1016857

View attachment 1016858

Oh, BTW it is Chris, not Christ. I'm not holy you know. :lol:

Chocopasta. Hazelnoot. I'm sorry, but that's funny to me.

Last edited:
To add to this, the Shardlake books are freakin’ awesome. Can’t remember the author’s name but it’s basically like Sherlock Holmes mixed with Jack Reacher set in the Tudor period.

One of the best books I’ve read recently in this genre is The Pillars of the Earth. It’s a hefty ready but equally as enthralling.

"The Shardlake series is a series of historical mystery novels by C. J. Sansom, set in the reign of Henry VIII in the 16th century. Sansom has said that he plans to write further Shardlake novels taking the lawyer into the reign of Elizabeth I."

Medieval lawyer mystery?! SIGN ME UP! I'm a huge fan of John Grisham novels as well as medieval/viking timelines. HELL YEE.

Thank you for the suggestion. My wishlist is looking like a CVS receipt :lol:

What is going on in this thread? Do I have to amend the title?

gsrH5y.gif

All praise the Hazelnoot goodness.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Right, that's the first and last time I ever search for Nutella gifs. :yuck:

Last edited:
What is? The combination or the Dutch words?

The words. It's like something I'd say when trying to stretch the word out or something, like Xbox becomes eggs box. :lol:

I'm curious, how does hazelnut become "hazelnoot"? If it's a simple spelling error in going to be a little disappointed. :P

I got two more Danelectro effects pedals for my guitar. I already had the Eisenhower Fuzz and the Breakdown, but I took advantage of the Memorial Day sales to get the Roebuck and Back Talk pedals. (The Haruhi figure is a few years old. I got it the last time I was in Akihabara (humblebrag)). The astute among you will be saying “But Populuxe, what good are those pedals if they’re just sitting on a shelf, not plugged into anything?” The answer, questioning reader, is that I am waiting for the July 4th sales so I can buy a Vox Mini Superbeetle practice amp.

I was at a record store in Ballard and I saw they had these mixtapes. I already had eight. Now I have twelve. They’re made by the guy who founded Olympia’s brilliant K Records label back in the ‘80s. They’re put together from his collection of 45s that he’s amassed from years of DJing. Normally they go in my car since it has a tape deck, but I’m not driving much these days, so I got this nice little green retro Studebaker cassette/radio.

When I saw this “Everyone is Awesome” set that Lego designed for Pride, I bought it as soon as it was available. It was fun (and very easy, perfect for someone who hasn’t built any Lego sets for at least 40 years) to assemble. I’m very happy with it.

The words. It's like something I'd say when trying to stretch the word out or something, like Xbox becomes eggs box. :lol:

I'm curious, how does hazelnut become "hazelnoot"? If it's a simple spelling error in going to be a little disappointed. :P
As said by @Team THRT Drift, these are two Dutch words. It's a Belgian website and knowing that most part of Belgium is Dutch (Flemish) and not French like everybody on this planet thinks, it is normal to have Dutch words on this website. :lol:

My EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition finally arrived today! :D Glad it's finally here, been waiting impatiently ever since it was ordered. Watched a bunch of reviews for it a while back and have been wanting one ever since. Got it because not only did I want a means of playing my GBA games on a micro SD card, but the ability to use cheats and create save states is what really had my interest, especially knowing how expensive GBA cheat devices have become.
IMG_0258.jpeg

IMG_0259.jpeg

And it works!
IMG_0260.jpeg

Haven't had a whole lot of time to toy with it because it's Friday and theirs always something going on :rolleyes:, but I am pretty impressed with it so far and can't wait to play around with it some more! Hopefully now I can finally beat some of the games I have been unable to complete for many years now.

Last edited:
Arriving just today is something I wish I had gotten sooner for my GBA. A USB-C rechargeable battery for my GBA and it comes with a replacement cover designed for the battery itself and a magnetic USB-C cable. After running out of batteries while I was on vacation last year and being frustrated I couldn't play it more, I have wanted one of these even more since then and I'm glad to finally have one! 👍 Not only that, but my battery cover has been broken for ages and it was about time I got a new one too.
IMG_0261.JPEG

And it works! :D
IMG_0262.JPEG

IMG_0265.JPEG

What's neat is, the end of the connector can be detached and easily shoved in there. Then when I want to charge it, it magnetically attaches to it with ease!
IMG_0263.JPEG

It was a bit of a struggle getting the battery in there, but once I figured it out, it was easy. Had to trim a little plastic on the battery cover since I couldn't connect the cable to the battery, but I eventually got it to work, although I removed a little too much in some areas. Haven't had much time to use it yet, but it seems to work just fine for me when I tested it.

Last edited:
Found this used on ebay for a surprisingly good price. It's used but the manufacturer date is 2015, so it looks a lot better than the original used ones selling from 2004. Hope it works.

Also got a cheap serrated pocket knife to trim the bracket to make this one fit. The original lights are shaped slightly different and use a different bracket.

1624206259475.png

Back